Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

A4LD Superior Shift Kit question

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/a4ld-governor-replacement.155582/ Have a look.
  2. W

Hey. Answer your emails. Ha ha... Wood.

Hey. Answer your emails. Ha ha... Wood.
  3. W

Been a while since I've been on here. Still a great forum... Exploder exploded, running a '06...

Been a while since I've been on here. Still a great forum... Exploder exploded, running a '06 Rubicon now. Cheers.
  4. W

It's been great

Maybe a remote turbo, low pressure that is. Probably just enjoy not having to wrench on it and drive it for a year first.
  5. W

It's been great

I'll let you know when I pick it up tomorrow dude! It was exactly what I was looking for, I wanted a 06 as it still has the I6 not the V6, auto, Rubi Unlimited and not one of those er... "striking" colours either. Hasn't been messed with too much so it likely hasn't been beat on too bad, owner...
  6. W

It's been great

Oh well, it was a good truck and I had a lot of fun with it. May get another one some day. Good luck with the V8 swap Jeremy. I dont thinnk you ever sent me your new address?
  7. W

It's been great

Thanks guys, i miss the old beast.
  8. W

Buying a 92 with Trans Problems

The A4LD is not the strongest transmission and does not have a good rep. Sure you can rebuild it, there are threads in the transmission section here. I'd consider finding a 5 speed for a conversion if you really want a wheeling machine. If not, tear into it and throw a rebuild kit in. It will...
  9. W

It's been great

Hey BB, it was around 330,000 kms, the heads cracked last year so I replaced them. It ran great for a while until a couple weeks ago. I no longer have anywhere to work on it so I had to take it to a garage. The trans was working fine. If we weren't moving I would have likely rebuilt the engine...
  10. W

It's been great

The old girl finally gave up last week. Bottom end fried, compression issues... My buddy the mechanic warned me that it might have been too high-mileage to do the heads and I knew that but figured I'd give it a shot. We were moving and due to logistics I was going to have to sell her anyway...
  11. W

sputter/stall at start up

Free fixes are the best ones!
  12. W

1993 XL Rebuild project

It lives! Great job, saved another from the crusher. Brooklyn Bay is pretty good with A/C.
  13. W

93 Explorer project "The Hulk"

I'd have to ask him again, we were playing pool and consuming many beverages when he was telling me about it. Thought he said around 1500 CDN. He is an RCV and Rough Country dealer among other things. He's retubing them with .5, Heep knuckles, electric selectable, build it as you want it.
  14. W

Yep, that should do. I have a buddy that's buying up HP D44 from 1/2 tons and retubing them sized for jeeps, selectable etc. figures there is a market, he's usually not wrong. He is buying 8.8 from explorers too for a package deal. Going to buy or build a diff guard?
  15. W

Going to retube with thicker stuff or just shorten?
  16. W

stayed with the. 4.56? Nice job in the shimming... Perfect will have to do!
  17. W

Trembles while driving

Right on. Post your fix when you get it done.
  18. W

Disabling Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) Module for HID Headlights

I wonder if you set the parking brake it would turn off the DRL? Some cars work that way. I can't remember if the Ex's do or not. If it does you could shoot a ground signal to the wire that grounds out when the brake is set.
  19. W

Trembles while driving

Probably not the sending unit, the float is known to stop er, floating. I used one from a junk yard that was from an S-10.
  20. W

Dropped a donor motor into my '93 XLT, starting problems.

that fender mounted solenoid requires a good ground to operate, check that too.
  21. W

93 explorer behaving badly

I would also check your fuel pressure. Might be your pump or relay.
  22. W

M90 rebuild (rudy)

Beat on it until it breaks, make it stronger... Repeat.
  23. W

Engine swap will not start

Could get a JY electric. I had one from a Crown Vic in my stang. Worked great.
  24. W

1993 XL Rebuild project

Well, you are lucky that your motor was smoked before you changed the oil. It's a good lesson to always start it up, let it run for a few seconds then check for leaks. Did you over tightened the filter? Anyway, I guess you are changing the LIM so my suggestion to do the gaskets while you are at...
  25. W

Engine swap will not start

Great! Drive it yet?
Back