Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

New Wheels for my 4th Gen

^Thanks, that makes sense. Now I just have to decide if 1.7 inches is too much...
  2. I

So if my OEM wheels are 16x7 +44 with a 4.5" backspace. How much further out will a 16x8 +13 with 5" backspace sit compared to the OEM wheels? My other option is a 16x7 +38 with 5.5" backspace wheel. But this is where I get confused, if backspace and offset are 2 different ways of measuring...
  3. I

I found another set that are 16x8 with a +13 offset. OEM offset is +45 so if I subtract the +13 there's a 32mm difference which is roughly 1 1/4 inches wider than stock. But since the backspace is 5" on the aftermarket wheels and OEM is 4.5" that should bring the wheel in a 1/4" more on a...
  4. I

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have any pics of your setup?
  5. I

I'm planning on ordering a set of KMC XD301's for my 06 XLT. I wanted to confirm that the fitment will work before I pull the trigger. Specs are.. 16x8 5x114.3 0 offset 4.5" backspace I was planning on using the current 235/70/16 Cooper A/T tires but I'm afraid the aggressive wheel setup...
  6. I

Aftermarket Wheel size questions

I just bought an 06 Explorer XLT yesterday and I'm interested in swapping the OEM wheels with something different. It's currently on a set of 235/70/16's with plenty of tread left so I'd like to use the same tires. The wheels I'm interested in are 16x8 with a 20 offset. Truck will remain at...
  7. I

New to the board, have a few ?'s

Yeah, ventshades. I noticed there was a few brands to choose from, was looking for some opinions? After doing some research on another forum I decided to go with GE Nighthawk bulbs but I still need to do something about the fog lights. Has anybody bought these replacement lenses...
  8. I

New to the board, have a few ?'s

Whats up everyone, I just found this board tonight while running a search on google for Explorer parts. I bought a 95 XLT last Fall and so far Ive been very happy with it besides the poor light output. I polished the headlight lenses today and that made them look alot better but now Im...
Back