Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

How to: Diagnosing DPFE Sensor (P0401 and P0402) with Scan Tool

monitor dpfe reading on scan tool ,apply vacuum to the egr valve at idle engine should stumble indicating egr is working. check reading on scan tool if it doesn't change its the dpfe sensor. nice easy check .
  2. A

Front End Clunk

Hi make sure when checking balljoint to pry up on the bottom of the tire ,if the balljoint has vertical play you won't be able to feel it by rocking tire back and forth. Just though this might help.
  3. A

Solved TSB 02-7-6 4.0L SOHC Timing Chain Rattle

I changed the tensioner and guide for the primary chain last week its not that bad . remove rad and alternator timing cover .
  4. A

I am wondering why ford calls it a primary chain and the primary chain has a tensioner and a guide, I guess ford is wrong and you are right. Oh well what do I know I am just an idiot.
  5. A

All that I am saying is that there is a tensioner and I know there is a guide for the primary chain on a 2001 sport trac because I just changed it. just because you are wrong you don't have to get mad.
  6. A

the tensioner is on the passenger side and the guide is on the drivers side
  7. A

hello I changed the guide and the tensioner for the primary chain this morning . it went good didn't need to time motor didn't pull intake just front cover. no noise now .
  8. A

thanks I am going to change the guide and tensioner tomorrow
  9. A

hello I was wondering has anybody changed just the guide and tensioner instead of have to time the motor .
Back