Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. fulfilledstraw

1992 Explorer XLT 2WD with 215,000 miles and over $10,000 of repairs.

I got my '92 XLT 4x4 with 160,000 miles on it in early 2005. Since then, aside from normal wear and tear (brakes, tires, etc.) it has accrued a total of 291,000 miles with the following notable maintenance / repairs: - Lower intake manifold gasket - upper and lower ball joints - driveshaft...
  2. fulfilledstraw

Camber adjustment on a 92 Explorer 4x4 XLT.

I have a 92 XLT 4x4, and I have been told by the alignment shop that the sleeves are not adjustable. Had I known this before I went to get an alignment, I would have attempted to change them when I replaced my ball joints. Bleh. I see on Rockauto that several options exists, and it seems that...
  3. fulfilledstraw

camber adjuster pics?

Lol Ha, I didn't even notice.
  4. fulfilledstraw

camber adjuster pics?

For 1st Gens For 1st Gens: http://spc-tv.com/?mod=videos&view=profile&vID=1Y0Br9gO47qq0d2M
  5. fulfilledstraw

Alignment/camber kit question.

Question I recently purchased new tires, and I also requested an alignment on my 92' Explorer. I was told by the technician that my current camber could only be adjusted to a certain point unless I installed an aftermarket kit. If this is the case, I would like to install a kit myself and then...
  6. fulfilledstraw

Adding 12 volt accessory outlets

That's a big help, Mustang. I appreciate it. -Straw
  7. fulfilledstraw

I am a little confused by this, could you elaborate?
  8. fulfilledstraw

It has come to my attention that I have the need for additional 12 volt outlets for my '92 XLT. I purchased a unit that converts my single 12 volt plug into a strip of three, and I took it apart so I could mount the actual 3-plug strip on my center console somewhere. The piece is just a circuit...
  9. fulfilledstraw

Fuel Rail Install Question

Thanks I appreciate the input, gentlemen. I got them seated properly the third go around, except for one front injector that had a gash in the O-ring that I missed. I pull the whole thing off, and discovered that I have a cracked injector on the back anyway. Man, what a day. Luckily I have a...
  10. fulfilledstraw

Fuel Rail Install Question

I replaced my lower intake manifold gasket on my 92 explorer (4.0 OHV), so I figured I'd go ahead and replace the valve cover gaskets as well as the upper intake manifold gaskets. Everything went fine, except I installed the fuel rail after getting new o-rings for my fuel injectors, and the two...
  11. fulfilledstraw

starter problems...relay issue?

Thanks Outsourcing ftl. Turns out the part I got was defective, so I had to wait for a ride to the dealership to get an OEM relay. I appreciate your help, you guys are great.
  12. fulfilledstraw

Thanks guys I think I am confused as to what the starter relay does, and for that reason I may have gotten the wrong part. I purchased a fender mounted solenoid, a Sorenson part number SS94Z from Advance, assuming it was what I needed. The Haynes manual calls it a starter relay, and I didn't...
  13. fulfilledstraw

I replaced my badly corroded battery cables today with new OEM ones, and in the process I broke my starter relay. I installed the new one, and when I hook up my battery cables, my engine starts to crank. This is my daily driver, ad I need it for work tomorrow. Any thoughts?
  14. fulfilledstraw

New wheel bearings loosening quickly

So how tight can I get these front bearings so that they will stay in? I know the book says 25-35 ft/lbs, and then back off to 25 in/lbs, but my locknut seems to have a little play in that I can twist it ever so slightly with the key in place. Any thoughts? -Straw
  15. fulfilledstraw

Project X = Wheel Bearing Issues

Torque clarification? It was my understanding that one should torque the wheel bearing locknut to 100-150 ft/lbs, and then back it off to around 25 in/lbs. My question is, are you tightening the locknut to 200-250 ft/lbs and leaving it at that, or are you tightening the locknut and then...
  16. fulfilledstraw

1st Gen balljoints (pics)

Hello all, In my efforts to track down the cause of an annoying clicking noise coming from my front end, I addressed many possible causes on the front end of my '92 XLT 4X4. I started simple; I replaced the anti-rattle clips of my brake pads, or really just checked to see if they were indeed...
  17. balljoints

balljoints

18. balljoints

balljoints

19. balljoints

balljoints

20. balljoints

balljoints

21. balljoints

balljoints

22. balljoints

balljoints