Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Checking the Electronic Shift Control Module

I also have 4hi but I dont have 4low and the 4low light will not come on. I saw several post but none have been of much help, are there any wiring diagrams that I can get so I can trace the problem?
  2. R

1996 explorer 4x4 low will not work

I know there is a thread somewhere on this but I cant find it, any help would be great. 4x4 high works however when I turn the switch to 4wheel low the light on the dash does not come on and thus 4low is not on. help???
  3. R

climate control

thanks for your help. I installed the blower fan resister and all speeds work now..
  4. R

climate control

Hi I have a 96 explorer and the climate control only works on max setting. I went to the junk yard and got another climate control fan switch and it did not fix it. Is there a fan relay or sensor that controls the different fan speeds? Thanks for the help!!!
  5. R

newbie question help

I think i'm going to go ahead and look for a used transfer case. I dont want to send the money for a reman unit.
  6. R

newbie question help

The bolts on the torque converter are tight and when I put them on i used loctight.
  7. R

96 xlt transfer case problem?? help

Hi I just joined the explorer forum. I have a 96 xlt which i just replaced the trans with a reman unit. I replaced the trans because 2 to 3 slipped. All gears and shifting works fine now. However now when I decelerate I hear a noise like a chain slipping on gears. As soon as I give it...
  8. R

newbie question help

Hi I just joined the forum, I have a 96 explorer xlt 4x4 automatic. It has 103,000 miles on it. The transmission was slipping 2 to 3rd so I replaced it with a reman unit. All gears shift fine. However now when i'm driving for a while and I decelerate I hear like chain slipping on gears...
Back