Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Custom gauge faces that you can make out of paper

does anyone have any pics of gauges they made for a 1st gen explorer?
  2. J

Getting my gears installed today!! Question, though...

does adding different gears affect your top speed?
  3. J

Can my 97 sound like a 5.0 Stang?

get the 40 series original flowmaster muffler and go to a muffle shop and have them make you a dual exhaust..it will sound just like one. we put on on emy brothers truck a few days ago and it sounds awseome and its only a v6
  4. J

indiglo gauges for my 94xltd

do any of you guys have pics of your indigo gauges?? or know of anyone who does? also, ebay usually is the cheapest place to get things but soemtiems it might take a while to get your stuff cause of the money transaction, of course it depends on the seller like jimabena said. i would also...
  5. J

ideas for next upgrade

what kind of change in mileage could i expect with new gears. and to answer your question ive had my exhaust for about 2 1/2 years now and just the other day i checked to see what kind of rust, corrosion, etc. there might be on the pipes but i was happy and surprised to find that it looked...
  6. J

ideas for next upgrade

alec the only drawback about gettign a cam is like you said...if i have to pull the engine. but i think i could get it in if i remove my grill and radiator..then of course the engine pulley system. but if i did have to pull the engine i would definatly have a garage do it for me cuase lats...
  7. J

ideas for next upgrade

james t thanks for the gear idea...im gonna check my truck to see what i have...and if they are 3.08s i think ill go with the gears, if not then ill probabaly buy a cam then have diablo or superchip burn me a chip. where would i find what gears i have?? isnt there a code for it on the...
  8. J

ideas for next upgrade

James T ive heard people changing their gears but i have NO knowledge on that stuff...i dotn plan on lifting my truck and i plan on eventually getting new rims(maybe 17) but keeping the stock height. if i got these gears what would change in the way it runs/drives...i dont do towing or...
  9. J

comp cams

i have jba headers, bbk throttle body, kkm intake with pipe and dynomax exhaust. i wanted to get a cam that i woudlnt lose any low end torque or power but would gain more in the midrange to about 5000 rpm. my explorer is a daily driver too, so i dotn wanna get soemthign to wild where its...
  10. J

widest without rubbing

good points guys...ill guess ill just have to find a rim that i like then check out the sizes and backspacing on it...i was thinking about getting one of those tools that shows you the widest and tallest possible wheel combo for your vehicle...i cant think of the name but i saw it on Horsepower...
  11. J

ideas for next upgrade

currently the aftermarket parts ive installed on my x are...dynomax exhaust, throttle body, kkm intake with ifab.net intake pipe, and jba headers. my question is what do you guys think should be the next thing i should get?? well besides a supercharger cause i dotn have 3000 bucks right now...
  12. J

widest without rubbing

quick question here...what is the widest rim size i could put on a 1st gen x with 4wd?? ive heard it is 9 inches but wont that cause the tire to rub?? thanks
  13. J

comp cams

I have two questions about the comp cams for the 1st gen explorers... first, are the comp cams the same cam that is sold at vanir tech?? secondly, anyone who is using a comp cam, how do you like it and which cam did you get(im pretty sure comp cams offers two of them) thanks.
  14. J

right rear speaker

ok heres the problem just today i blew my right rear speaker in my truck. it is a 5x7/6x8 infinity kappa speaker with a crossover. i am using a kenwood hu and i have the 4 of these same speakers in the car. they are all being pwoered by a 4 chanlled amp that is rated at about 60 rms for each...
  15. J

UPDATE ON 91-94 ALTEEZAS, ARE ABOUT READY TO COME OUT

does anyone know if they are gonna make any different 'colors' besides carbon fiber and white?? liek maybe red, blue, or green?? i doubt it but just wandering
  16. J

speaker cover rattling

i was thinking of taking mine off but i just dont like the look of being able to see the speaker, plus i want it to be protected by soemthing in case soemone would bump into it or something like that. 3m tape would probabaly do the trick, except it would be a pain trying to take it off if i...
  17. J

speaker cover rattling

thanks guys, but the speaker cover in the back of the sports dont have any screws(im not sure about the 4drs..i dont think they are the same), all they have are two tabs(one coming from the top and one on the bottom that just pop and slide in, which is why the suck so much and rattle cause the...
  18. J

speaker cover rattling

I have a 92 sport with 5x7 infinty speakers all around. the problem im having is that i have them powered by an amp and sinc ethey are pounding pretty hard, the rear speaker covers keep rattling and i cant think of anything to stop them from doing so. i was just wandering if anyone modified them...
  19. J

BBK throttle body install

ok...first the IAC valve isnt technically connected to the throttle body it is on top of the upper manifold to the left...there is a harness attached to it and you just have to remove it...im not sure what yuove done but il try to run through whatever i can remember.... ok, first after...
  20. J

KKM intake cleaning

thats what i figured..thanks guys
  21. J

KKM intake cleaning

I was wondering if anyone knew if the cleaning kit k&n sells for their filters is the same as the one kurtz kustoms sells for theirs?? The reason is I wanna clean mine and wnated to know if it would be ok to clean it with the k&n air filter cleaning kit. Im guessign it would be the same thing...
  22. J

My 93 BLue XLT

sorry, i dont have any pics yet...but i just got a scanner the other day sooo hopefully i can get soem pictures developed maybe this weekend and put them up.
  23. J

My 93 BLue XLT

Thanks for the info, just one more i was wandering was what width your rims were and if you experienced any rubbing on the sway bars or anything else. Thanks Again!
  24. J

high or low level inputs???

thanks AGAIN Alec for the info/help
  25. J

high or low level inputs???

I wanted to know if anyone could tell me which would be better for my application...using the speaker line level input(low) or the RCA cables input(high)?? In the amp manual it says that using rca cables is recommended, but i thought i read somewhere it is better to use the speaker level inputs...
Back