Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Replacing the GEM on '97 XLT

This is the factory alarm - I am hoping the RAP module is the only thing that does "alarm stuff" and can just be disconnected. I really don't want to have to troubleshoot that nightmare!
  2. D

Replacing the GEM on '97 XLT

For those who don't want the long story, the question I have is: Can I replace the GEM on my '97 XLT with a GEM from say, a '97 Eddie Bauer or a even a '96 Explorer XLT? Or do I have to find a module from a '97 XLT with the same engine as mine? i.e. Are there GEM's that are...
  3. D

Drivers side front door latch for 97 Explorer

Cool, thanks for the tips!
  4. D

No, wasn't me. Any tricks I should know before diving in? I tried searching for info on replacing door latches, but didn't come up with much.
  5. D

I need to replace mine and have a couple questions: - on a 4 door, are the front and rear door latches different? Ebay has some rear door latches but no fronts. - do any other models such as Ranger use the same door latch? - anyone know where I can pick up a used latch? A spring...
  6. D

Losing audio when I hit a bump. 97 w/ JBL

Didn't think about a protection circuit, I bet that is what it is. Thanks for the tip! Now... of all the possible places there could be a loose connection tripping the protection circuit....
  7. D

Yeah, all sound goes away. I tried switching sources (like FM to CD) and there is no audio at all until I turn off the stereo then turn it back on.
  8. D

Hello, I recently purchased a 97 Explorer XLT w/ the JBL audio system. In the last day or so the audio started cutting out when I hit a bump... by cutting out I mean it goes away completely. All I have to do is turn the stereo off then back on and the audio comes right back, which leads me...
Back