Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

What did you use to remove the body mount bolts?

I would like to hear suggestions on how you removed the body mount bolts (all 10 not just the front two) , when you did your body lift???? I was thinking sawsall
  2. 1

Temp Gauge reads hot rad temp only 175???

so any ways it was a faulty gauge and I went to pick a part got a new clusterand the temp reads cold. all i gotta do now is ajust my electric fan and back in busness . my advice is if you have a temp problem check coolant level is it 50/50 mix, then rad cap , thermostat , temp sending unit...
  3. 1

has anyone else had to chane out there temp gauge or install an aftermarket gauge?
  4. 1

how did you install the new gauge in the hose? is it a mechanical or electric gauge?
  5. 1

yea sorry the voltage cause it should change as the temp does right? so you had the same problem as im having?
  6. 1

does any one know the amps from sending unit to gauge at normal operating temp?
  7. 1

nerer mind it tested ok so far
  8. 1

has any one had a temp gauge go wrong, i know the previous owner changed the gauges. the truck seems to start at almost half (normal temp) then climb from there. when i ground the gauge (wire attached to sender) it goes of the chart .
  9. 1

thats what i was thinking .
  10. 1

Ok my truck has been running 3/4 or higher . Ive done new water pump, Thermo, sending unit. I have 2 electric fans . Rad stays cold to the touch on the drivers side and hot on the passenger side. I bought an aftermarket temp gauge and put the sensor in the fill spout it reads about 175 but the...
  11. 1

Power steering has gone stiff

well i've looked at many threads for the problem i've had and dint really find any solid ansers. SO.... i've heard people say that there problem started when the weather got cold same as me , first thing to check steering fluid well it looked o.k. . bearings and ball joint all fairly new...
  12. 1

Transfercase issue

So I found my problem the brown wire that goed to the t-case had snapped . I dunno why but after reconecting it works like a dream . its snowing like crazy here and its so much fun now!!! thank for every :thumbsup::thumbsup:ones help!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
  13. 1

How to: $32 Spring Over Axle Conversion - SOA

what would happen if you did it with out the perche
  14. 1

-Your Explorer-

96xlt bought in 05 8,000$ 150,000k 280,00ok no major repair
  15. 1

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

mine 1.5' tt and shackels 33s jamed in
  16. 1

Cheap way to lift the rear 4"

how much lift can you get from use in f-150 leafs??
  17. 1

Transfercase issue

Is there any threads on dealing with the CAD? Im thinkin that what my problem is ive checke the vaccum line leading to it it all looks ok but no dice may be its broken i dunno????
  18. 1

How to: The Comprehensive Brown Wire Mod Thread

the brown wire mod should override the center axle disconect on 95-96 right?
  19. 1

Torsion/Coilover Conversion

what about putting coil overs in if you have a 4' kit already installed.... i guess you could....
  20. 1

95 X has hard time shifting into 2nd gear

ive got the same problem please explain more
  21. 1

k well what i did was cut the brown wire from the gem and hooked a switch with power to the tcc and i am very happy now it works great . for those reading this i have the 95-96 transfer case.
  22. 1

hey ive got a 96 for this mod do i need to cut the brown wire or can i just conect power to the brown wire with a switch. cause for 97 and later the idea is to break the conection, and for my year the idea is to give it power to keep her locked frond and back. just wondering?
  23. 1

Transfercase issue

so what is the best option to replace or swap for a 1st gen ? or what if the front diff is messed up?
  24. 1

what about lowwering your front diff for 3' tortion???

yeah the more i thought about it and took a look at it there is no way of doing it less than 4' drop and by the time you do that i might as well bought a kit.
  25. 1

Transfercase issue

alright so 4 low is ingageing but it seems that its not fully locking in . its like it slips out then back in .i think the shift motor is ####ed or can the be ajusted . and another thing ive read throught the brown wire mod and lets get this straight does that make it full yime all wheel drive...
Back