Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. mcpherson

mcpherson's YJ Build Thread

Figured this would be just as good as anywhere to document my Jeep build thread. For as long as I could remember I have always wanted to own a Jeep (dont worry, the explorer still has some plans ahead of it and will not be going anywhere.) So after some searching I located a deal on a Jeep and...
  2. mcpherson

Metal Company in the North Atlanta (GA) area?

I posted this on pirate, but figured might as well post here also. Looking for a metal company in the North Atlanta area that sales to the general public? Thanks in advance
  3. mcpherson

How to: 2nd Gen Ford Explorer HID Projector Retrofit (FX-R)

Vehicle: '98 Ford Explorer XLT Before: After: Equipment Using: - FX-R projectors - Clear Chrome Headlight Housing's - Slim Digital HID Kit (Color: 6000k / Bulb: D2S) Marked the cuts needed to fit the projector's in the housing's. Removed the front lens's off the...
  4. mcpherson

Somewhere GA or around, Weekend of T'day

Not sure where too but will be having a 4 Wheel trip the weekend of Thanksgiving. Head out Friday after lunch time and return Sunday evening. Currently we will head out from the surrounding area of Atlanta toward dirt, mud, hills with obstacles and somewhere to pitch a tents to drink the nights...
  5. mcpherson

mcpherson's Registry

'98 Ford Explorer XLT - 150k miles Current Mods: Tires -33X12.50R-15 Pro Comp Xtreme Mud Terrain Radial Wheels - 15x8, 5 on 4.5 Bolt Pattern - Backspace:3.75 Pro Comp Rock Crawler Series 52 Flat Black Powder Wheel Torsion Twist 1.5" Electric Fan Swap (from Lincoln Mark VIII) Body Lift 3"...
  6. mcpherson

Quad Projector Headlights in 2ndGen

FX-R Projector Headlights in 2ndGen Moved...
  7. mcpherson

Is this common?

So I was taking out the carpet for cleaning and noticed this... ...a plate for a future manual transmission. Is this a common item done in other Explorer's?
  8. mcpherson

Offroad Checklist

Well, I'm not so sure if this is exactly a "How to's" checklist, but I do believe to be very important for every off road driver to take into consideration before taking a trip to the trails. Offroaders.com - I have referenced most of this information from another site and will give them...
  9. mcpherson

Kinda, New Front bumper

I have a new front bumper finally. Well, its not exactly new to the forums but it is new to me. It use to belong to user JoshC. I removed 2 of the light tabs, sanded off any of the rust and added a new coat of black paint. I hope to have a new winch when tax time comes around.
  10. mcpherson

Warrior Front SwayBar Disconnects - Anyone Use these?

I understand the problem there is with havening front sway bar disconnects on the 2nd gen Explorers. I came a crossed some front sway bar disconnects manufactured by Warrior Products, I was curious to see if this has been used by any other members of the forum. Part #: WAR 85203...
  11. mcpherson

8.8 OX Locker - Soon to be released

So, this weekend here in Atlanta made me feel like I was again a kid in a candy store. 4 Wheel Parts presented there Truck Fest show. During my visit, I came across the OX vendor and asked if and how much for the 8.8 locker. He unfortunately said that they currently do not manufacture them yet...
  12. mcpherson

Rear Bumper - CAD - Suggestions?

So a few weeks ago I went to Tellico to test out my Explorer, which to be amazed performed excellent. But still being a stock vehicle other then a body lift and shackles took many scratches and body damage for lack of body armor. I have designed a new rear bumper and would like to get some...
Back