Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Wanted: 1st Gen Sunroof Interior Shade Cover

Looking for an interior sunroof shade cover for a 1st gen in any color. If you have one, let me know!
  2. L

05 Rear Diff Whine vs. 02-04

Hi All, Wondering if anyone knows if the rear end whine was solved in the 05's vs. the 02-04's. My 04 has the usual terrible whine at 60mph and it's been tolerable for 40k miles but it's starting to drive me up a wall. If the 05's had it fixed, was thinking of doing a used axle swap vs...
  3. L

FS: 1994 Lifted Manual EB Explorer - $2000

Breaks my heart to type this, but I think it's time for my baby to find another home. Don't have the time anymore to enjoy her on the trails, but hoping someone else would be willing to carry on enjoying the decade of awesomeness I've had with this truck. An absolute blast on the rocks, mud, and...
  4. L

In Dash Android Carputer

Thought some of you would enjoy this. The factory 4x4 button dash mount has been a revolving door for random tech in my truck the past several years. Started out with a TripMinder computer from a 88 Cougar that eventually crapped out, then ended up cutting a broken Android phone in half and...
  5. L

4.0 OHV Maintenance Suggestions

Looking for some maintenance/replacement suggestions on a 1994 4.0 OHV with 150k miles on the clock. For a 21 year old engine, it still runs incredibly smooth. Even with 4.56s and 33's I get 17-18mpg on the highway so i'm thinking it's running pretty efficiently, however i'm concerned of...
  6. L

Wanted First Gen Tan 4DR Rocker Tupperware & Bumper Valence

Long shot but figure I'd give it a try Looking for the rocker panel moulding/tupperware that's in Tan for a 4 door first gen Also looking for the bumper valence (the one that goes under the front bumper, not on) in Tan for a first gen - fog light holes or solid either are fine. Let me...
  7. L

Wanted Factory Sub Speaker Cover

Looking for the cover that goes over the factory sub in the rear. Prefer first gen tan, but I think the 2nd gen covers will fit as well. Let me know what you have!
  8. L

Wanted 1st Gen Sunroof Insert/Cover - Tan

I can't believe i'm even trying to get one of these as i've thrown 2 out over the years...but apparently this summer the sun thought it would be funny to burn me every time I drive :) Anyway I need the sunroof insert in tan to anyone that may have one laying around. Let me know!
  9. L

First Gen Tan Leather Seats

Hey all, too lazy to repost the pictures in this thread, but I'm selling the passenger seat and rear bench from my 94 EB. Seats are in great condition, no cuts or rips all leather intact. Selling because I replaced entire interior with 2nd gen leather. You can see the pics here...asking...
  10. L

Wanted 1st Gen PCM

Looking for either 93' or 94' PCM to mess around with some stuff...inquire within!
  11. L

TripMinder Message Center Install!

So since i'm back with a 1st gen (again), I missed my 2nd gen message center I installed a few years ago. After getting the itch again, I got everything ready to do a 2nd gen -> 1st gen message center install... In talking with Russ (Nice59), he mentioned something about a Trip Minder message...
  12. L

Fix it or sell it?

So I have a 94' that I picked up last year as a 'project' truck. Needed a little loving...had to replace just about everything in the front end which is all good now...seems to drive pretty good. 4x4 works, tranny shifts fine, etc. But now there's definetely a bad head gasket (possibly...
  13. L

Help a street guy go..up!

Howdy...so clearly from my sig I havnt updated my info yet but I no longer have my 98' but now have a nice 94 project truck. This time, I want to go up! I'm pretty new to the whole offroading thing so I just want to make sure i'm making the most of my efforts the first go round.... Right now...
  14. L

EATC Issues

Considering I converted my manual a/c to the EATC, I wouldnt call it stock but nevertheless... Recently the EATC has been acting funky in where after the unit is on for about 20 min of operation, the unit begins to blow up cooler air. While this may seem normal as if its auto adjusting it...
  15. L

Toyo Proxes or Yokohama Geolanders?

It's definetely new tire time and I think these are my two final choices. In one corner we have the Toyo Proxes S/T And in the other we have the Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G052 So far I think i'm leaning towards the Proxes only because they come in a size that would allow me to run...
  16. L

Looking for a great all-season sport tire...

With winter just around the corner, and my Scorpion Zero's rapidly decaying, I think its time to pick up a new set of shoes. The Pirelli's which I have on the truck now are amazing in dry/wet traction, but were an embarassment in the winter (which is fully understandable for a summer street...
  17. L

Rolling up Odometer

I switched my old cluster with that of a new ST a few months ago and I think its time I had the odometer adjusted to the correct mileage...but I'm having a few problems... First off, not one shop/dealer/anything I call will help me out. They all talk to me as if i've commited second degree...
  18. L

LiKuiD's 1998 5.0 XLT/EB/Mustang Wannabe

I figured it was time I made one of these fancy pages. So a little background: I got my truck (1998 XLT AWD 5.0) in the fall of 2002 with 31k miles on it after my old 93' was totalled by some jerk who didnt know how to use his brakes. This time around with the v8, I figured it was time to...
  19. L

New EATC, TM Headers, Lights, and Hood!!

Oh man my truck has been spolied this summer. Lets make a list of things from the past few months... -Torque Monster headers -BamaChips X-2 Flasher -X24's old hood with the Mustang cowl -Diamond Corners and Headlights -Silverstars for the Diamond Headlights -EATC installed! Whew...
  20. L

EATC + Remote Start

I'm curious as to the EATC automatically comes on when the car is remote started. I ask because considering the unit is electronically based, and no other electronic parts of the car go on when remote started, i'm curious if the EATC actually turns on. I'm going to be installing a EATC into my...
  21. L

So my Torque Monster headers are installed...

And i'm having mixed feelings about the results thus far. First, let me just start off saying that the quality of the headers are incredible and the customer service provided by Bob at TM was above and beyond what I could ask for. Now on to the truck. I've driven about 600+ miles with...
  22. L

Faster MPH = Higher MPG??

Now I know the answer is no from the start, but after a trip I just took this weekend, i'm starting to think differently... So I have a v8 with a MAC intake/exhaust. I've always averaged 17.5-18mpg on highway. I always drive between 65-70mph too. Yesterday I drove up to PA and was following...
  23. L

All you 5.0 guys with Torque Monster headers....please read!

I know I contacted some of you via PM's about the TM headers, but i'm sure there are a few of you out there I missed. Basically, just let me know of your overall impressions with them and if you sincerely think they were worth the price. Chances are I will be ordereding a Bama chip with the...
  24. L

Satellite Radio Dilemma

I guess you can call it a dilemma...but whatever here's the deal. As of right now, I have a Sony HU in my truck with a 10CD changer. The headunit reads mp3's as does the CD changer so i've been driving around with over 3000 songs for the past couple of years but I think its time for a change...
  25. L

nnort0n44

Great transaction, fast responses and a hell of a big box! :p I would highly recommend to anyone else. Thanks man!
Back