Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Blahh same gear stripped out of mine. I have to wait 24-48hrs till my dealer can get me one and its freaking FREEZZING out! Nothing like stripping out the interior with it snowing out.
  2. D

Help!!!

no but every complaint i can find about this issue seems to deal with 2002 explorers and in 03 the columns have different part #s
  3. D

Help!!!

no way to re-enforce... just get a 03 column. i've only seen 02s with the issue. J/Y was 153 even but they pulled it and it came with everything. Wheel, keys electronics and the part that failed.
  4. D

Air bag light and side air bags

http://corwindc.kicks-ass.net/car_stuff/02_tG_pret.pdf as per the manual thats the testing procedure.
  5. D

Air bag light and side air bags

B2292 33 Restraint System — Safety Belt Pretensioner Status (Driver Pretensioner Circuit Fault) IE the there's an issue in the wiring to the to the explosive package in the driver side seat belt...
  6. D

Front and rear diff basic questions

how do i know if i need to add a friction modifier? Its a stock truck. I'm also going to assume i need 80w90 for the front and 74w140 in the rear. do i have to remove the housing covers to completely drain the old junk out? anyone have a how-to?
  7. D

Help!!!

ended up replacing the entire steering column. thanks ya guys for the help.
  8. D

Help!!!

Anyone? Any Advice?
  9. D

Help!!!

http://corwindc.kicks-ass.net/car_stuff/broke1.jpg http://corwindc.kicks-ass.net/car_stuff/broke2.jpg
  10. D

Help!!!

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Explorer/2002/transmission/gear_shift_prndl_fell_off.shtml the top post has 2 pics and thats exactly what happened to me.... http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Explorer/2002/steering/gear_shift_broke_off.shtml more posts about what happened to me from other...
  11. D

Help!!!

gear shift lever fell off right into my lap today... anyone been here before? looks like it sheered right off.... serisouly who the #### puts aluminum in the shift linkage?!!?! especially where it broke in the focal point. COME ON!
  12. D

tuneup kit

i generally would agree with that statement esp with there oil filters but how can u screw up a air filter? :-) I wont say I've always used Fram air filters but when in a pinch I've never had an issue with any of them. Plus there the cheapest ones out there! lol With the spark plugs I've...
  13. D

tuneup kit

Hey, does anyone sell a tune-up kit? ya know were someone packages plugs wires fuel filter and what not into a simple kit? if not how does my shopping list sound so far? Am I missing anything? Do I have the right parts? (2002 4.0 sohc) I usually use a Purolator Pure1 oil filter and Pennzoil...
  14. D

2002 stalling into gear

both cleaned again and both dont fix the issue
  15. D

2002 stalling into gear

IAC yes, TB no... its practically a daily driver so its some times hard to get my hands on it...
  16. D

2002 stalling into gear

some times quite randomly and few inbetween the 2002 xls with the 4.0v6 stalls when dad puts it into reverse or drive. usually it only does that after it sat for the night or two. whats your input?
  17. D

5r55w and 5r55s Solenoids.. Are they the same?

can we get back on subject? Can we use the 5r55s s-blocks in our 5r55w transmissions? I too am suspecting that thing in my truck but i'd love to be able to spend 80 instead of 300...
  18. D

what transmission do i have?

whats the diffrence between the 5r55s and the 5R55W Solenoid packs????? are they interchangable? i'm clueless atm :-P
  19. D

I always do this.... i don't read enough before i ask questions. This is for a 2002 so i dunno if its true for all 2002-2005s
  20. D

is there a way to identify what transmission i have in my 02 explorer? I'm getting that random stall going in and out of gears.
  21. D

help!!! power window issue!!!!

oh ya they guy at the parts department said there was a TSB about the window clunking (2002 explorer) and he said i needed this "bumper" (p/n 4L2Z-7821762-AA) anyone know where that goes?
  22. D

got the new regulator in... yeah they are greasy as ****. new problem though. the window rolls up slower than a snail's pace.... if i dont assist it, it will stop 1/2 way.
  23. D

my passanger side window will not go up at all... all i hear is this nasty grinding sound kinda.... I took the door panel off and i can see that the power window regulator system is fubard.... I had my dealership order me a replacement. my only problem now is how to i get the glass up and...
  24. D

Running KOEO, KOER using a generic scantool (ELM327)

guess not... another dead lead...
Back