Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

water damage

long story short i wa wrong about the depth of the water and now have a hydrolocked 4.0L SOHV. (c is next to v , and i and a long night, sorry) took the plugs out (broke one) and tried turning the engine over. by hand via the belt, doesn't move, with a screwdriver, from the starter hole...
  2. A

SOHC V6 Lifespan

I've got a 4.0L SOHC thats pushing its way through 220k miles. it has a bit of rocker noise but otherwise its quite good Next oil change I'm moving to 10w-40 (from spec 10-30) and 1quart of Lucas to quiet it down. It has out lasted the first two 5 speed trannys (M50D's) and i have just...
  3. A

Biggest Best mod i've ever done

very nice it would have been nice to have one of them in the truck when smokey tagged me at 88 on the ny thruway. "but officer i was testing my flux capacitor...."
  4. A

Opening the rear hatch from inside.

well the stock latch rotates to disengage so you might look into taking the rear hatch apart and installing a pully near the bottom edge and run a wire under it to the part of the rotating mechanism the moves down. the wire can then leave the door 5 or six inches up from the bottom and have a...
  5. A

For Glacier991 and BrooklynBay

give yourself some credit, thats no easy job im a reasonably built 19y/o that just dropped a tranny, it took more than a while and i don't want to be doing it again anytime soon.
  6. A

M50D Install w/o removing exhaust

Update: after looking closely there is no way to remove the y pipe without needing to remove the manifolds to get them back in. (every thing is way to rusted) what did work was resting the front end of the tranny on the frame just before the y pipe then tilting the rear way down. (think 70+...
  7. A

...ill go get the hacksaw... theres no way i can break those bolts free, im going to have to get new studs and heat the pipe to tear the old ones free
  8. A

I pulled the tranny out of my 91'sport when 4th gear welded on I495. i turned it about 15deg CCW (looking from the rear) then tugged on it till pushed up on the floor of my cab just in front of where the shifter goes. Eventualy it popped out and landed on my chest. A junker with 90k on it...
  9. A

A different kind of Power Window problem

i don't have the wiring diagrams in front of me but you might check if the windows share a common fuse, even if its not blown it could be loose or the fuse socket could be shot. try driving over some bumps, its a great diagnostic tool for loose connections
  10. A

A different kind of Power Window problem

are all (two or four) power windows affected or is it just one? also do the power lock switches (if equipped) work when the windows fail?
  11. A

manual transmission shifter

Another removal method: If your bolt dosen't have a nut on the one side you can pull the rectangular boot back and get at three bolts holding the shifter to the tranny. Then the shifter just pulls out. Two of the three were philips head and one had a 10mm, i cant believe this is original, your...
Back