Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Replacing a 2003 explorer radiator, nightmare!

How have you made out so far? Are there still specific issues you are having?
  2. S

5r55w blown out OD servo cover Please help

Got a little time after work today to look at the truck. There’s been a lot of rain lately. I loosened up the OD band and pulled out the servo. The area where the snap ring inserts looks fine. I went around it with a pic and cleaned it out the best I could. When I pulled out the servo I did...
  3. S

OK. I’m going to be taking another look at it today. Thanks.
  4. S

That would be awesome. The other PDFs were quite informative. I couldn’t find a private message feature to send you my email. Haven’t used the site too much in recent history. If there is a way you can PM me, I’ll get you the email address. Thanks!
  5. S

Thanks for the response. I do live in that type of area. I’m in CT. But I have looked closely at the case, and it appears to be ok. It I will look again. Any harm in a dab of JB Weld, if that is the case?
  6. S

Thanks for those PDFs. They should be very helpful.
  7. S

Thanks for the response. This pressure information in these videos doesn’t really mean much to me, but maybe to someone else. The longer video was too large to upload. But hopefully this info will help. The pics and video were taken after the the servo cover had been reinstalled after the first...
  8. S

If it’s helpful, I also have some short videos I can post of pressures and such as I shift through the gears. I don’t really know what the pressures should be or if that information would be helpful or not.
  9. S

Haven’t been on the forum much since my 97 was totaled several years ago, but I bought an 03 this past winter that drove very nice. But at the end of June it blew out the OD servo cover. At this point I’m at a crossroads and hoping you guys with more experience can help me out. I will apologize...
  10. S

Rear Main Seal advice-should I replace it?

So I started this thread over 7 years ago and accidentally ran across it tonight. Figured I’d give an update. So I replaced the seal with the sleeve, figuring it was needed. Well it started leaking a bit after the new seal. It had never leaked prior. Then the truck got hit and totaled 6 months...
  11. S

04 explorer No Crank

Don’t need know if you got this fixed yet, but I had that issue on my 97 years ago. I believe it was the crank position center which is mounted at the front of the engine near the bottom (right near the crank). I tried to replace mine, but couldn’t get at one of the bolts. I ended up wiping it...
  12. S

4.0 V6 chain rattle - Percentage

I ran synthetic in my truck from 36,000 on and started getting the rattle at probably 180,000. I finally pulled the motor at 205,000 and did the job. The engine was incredibly clean inside. The ending was well maintained. There was no way the problem could have been avoided.
  13. S

Explorer 2007 4.0 with 206,000 miles Timming Chain

I pulled the engine to so I would be able to get to the rear.
  14. S

Explorer 2007 4.0 with 206,000 miles Timming Chain

Look for the tool on eBay if you need it. They sell a lot cheaper there and have usually only been used once. I did this job. The tool will take out the guess work. I did it on a 205,000 mile engine in a 97. Truck ran like New, but was totaled 6 months later at 210,000. The write up mentioned in...
  15. S

‘06 Xlt 4.0 recalls

Did that job on my 97 several years ago. Truck got hit and totaled 6 months later
  16. S

Input Wanted on the Cheapest 2010 XLT

Seems like a good buy to me. That’s exactly the kind of buy I need. This is what brought back to this forum after several years of absence since my 97 was totaled. I’m know looking in the 06-10 range. Best of luck with the truck.
  17. S

98 Explorer-starting issue

crankshaft position sensor
  18. S

Power door lock problem

I have had success with pulling off the inside door panel and soaking all the moving parts with spray lubricant. It has worked well on several doors. That would be my first step. Good luck.
  19. S

Engine swap 98 sohc

Glad to hear things are moving along for you. I had to unbolt and bolt the transmission to engine bolts twice (long story), so I consider myself a semi-expert on them. If you haven't completely removed the plastic inner fenders I would suggest doing that. I was able to do each bolt from the...
  20. S

97 ford explorer 4wd 4.0L timing question

You may already have your answer If you haven't gotten an answer yet, on the back of that cam there there are two notches in the circle. They are not centered. In other words they don't split the circle into two equal halves. On the other cam, this circle is in the front. You want both...
  21. S

Alternator help is needed on a 99 XLT.

You must be way stronger than I am! lol GFunk- A long bar will make it easier to rotate the tensioner around. I use an old 3/8 drive torque wrench that is no longer anywhere near accurate, but has a long handle. You could also probably rent a serpentine belt wrench. I also always slide the...
  22. S

Anti Lock Brake sound

My driver's side is starting to act up; I think it is from a build up of grease due to a failing wheel bearing. I cleaned the sensor and there were no problems for about 75 miles then it started acting up occasionally again. You many want to make sure it's not just dirty before you put the new...
  23. S

Horrible Gas mileage

I wonder if this "debate" helped nick777 with his poor gas mileage?
  24. S

My 95 explorer's engine is making noise....

I'm not sure what "loud running sound" would sound like, but if it gets louder when you turn on the A/C, it may have something to do with the A/C system, but it could easily have something to to with your serpentine belt. When you turn on the A/C it will put more drag on your belt.
  25. S

No oil pressure after engine install

Thanks for everyone's help! I've put about 125 miles on her so far and things are good. Streetrod, thank you for your multitude of links and write-ups throughout this process. I know that I am not the only one who has benefited from them. Please keep up the excellent work. It is much...
Back