Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

5r55e, line pressures, what should they be? Overheating Trans

I cant open those type of files on my iPhone. Can someone post the info for me?
  2. M

5r55e, line pressures, what should they be? Overheating Trans

I have been diagnosing my bad transmission in my 2002 Sport Trac 4x4 for a while now. It was getting hot and slipping and once it got to about 180 degrees the OD light would flash (I have a Autometer trans temp gauge on the a-pillar) SO...... I tore it down and found a few races broken and...
  3. M

pic request, o2 sensor wiring

oh cmon, no one can run out and just peek in the passenger side wheel well and get a pic or write down the colors that co-ordinate with each other? :(
  4. M

pic request, o2 sensor wiring

so while reinstalling my transmission i without knowing broke off the passenger side o2 sensor connector. Its a 2002 sport trac 4x4 The wires on the sensor are different than the trucks harness the trucks harness colors are: solid orange gray w/orange stripe gray w/blue stripe solid gray...
  5. M

bull bars

westin bull bar with 6" pro comp spot lights
  6. M

Ice, snow & windows

i thought that was common sense...:biggthump
  7. M

4x4 Noise

my 02 does the same thing havent really looked into it, i hardly ever use 4wd anymore i also have brand new front bearings from ford installed last year
  8. M

Brush Guards on Body Lifted ST's

on my safari bar i just cut 3" off the mouting brackets and welded it back together matches the body height perfect
  9. M

Deleting the cat

when i did my exhuast i ran around town with no exhaust behind the cats for a day it sounded pretty damn good, not to loud i am currently working on removing the cats due to mine not being quite loud enough with the 2.5" piping and cherry bomb vortex
  10. M

wheels or spacers?

Ok well its tax time so i have a few extra bucks coming my way I used to have 15x8 pro comp aluminum wheels and had a nice stance but hated how impossible there were to keep clean: currently i am rocking the stock Sport Trac wheels with 285-75r16 Bridgestone Revo 2's: So do i go...
  11. M

ATTN: L'ville Meet 2010!!!

i'll be there, seeing i live 20 mins from the Ford plant :D
  12. M

Help!!!! No Acceleration, Doesn't Shift

sounds like what happened to mine in november the torque converter is shot, which ruins the rest of the transmission if pull the trans pan you will find a whoooooooole lot of aluminum shavings, i mean alot! my rebuild was $1400 and i have to take it back for more work it seems the shavings...
  13. M

Coolest Sport Trac Ever?

well when the truck doesnt have: the original motor original axles original t-case ANY of the original suspension ANY of the front clip or bed ANY of the interior The only thing stamped FORD on that truck are the doors and roof skin
  14. M

Coolest Sport Trac Ever?

the only thing sport trac on that truck is the doors... i really dont like when people with tube buggys with a jeep grille call it a wrangler. THAT is not a sport trac anymore
  15. M

My 5r55e problems...

took it to the rebuild shop it was the torque converter, it blew up in lots and lots of little shavings it fried the clutches and tore up the planetary bearings. $1429 total rebuild cost....
  16. M

trans years compatability?

thanks for the info but i gave up on doing it myself, im sending it to the trans shop tomorrow
  17. M

trans years compatability?

i figured by now there would be a thread that says what years has what transmissions. I have a 5r55e in mine and i am looking to replace it mine is a 2002 but i think they added some sensors in 2001 so the previous years i wouldnt be able to use? it would probably benefit alot of people if...
  18. M

My 5r55e problems...

well here are the pictures of my valvebody disassembled some metal shavings and dark fluid but i cant visibly see any damage... i was hearing a loud whining noise when it was acting up could it be the torque converter got all ate up??? I might try rebuilding the valvebody and flushing all...
  19. M

My 5r55e problems...

i forget the number but when it first started acting up it was the "torque converter peformance/lockup" code
  20. M

My 5r55e problems...

well about 2 weeks ago i started to get the flashing o/d light and some slipping of the transmission. The next week i started hearing some weird noises from the transmission and then one day at a stop light i gave it gas and no movement of the truck at all. Soooo i decided i needed to do to...
  21. M

PO457 Again. WTF! 2002 sport trac "check fuel cap" and CEL illuminated.

how long have you had it? what do you plan to do about it? (ford tsb parts, rebuild, etc) i am actually hoping to trade it in and hope they dont notice it when they drive it, it only happens now and then.
  22. M

well the week after that CEL i got the 2-3 shift flare so hopefully you dont have my luck!
  23. M

i got that code on my truck last week too i erased it with my scanner and it has yet to come back on
  24. M

What do you guys think?

ok i know i change my mind alot but the final decision was made! I went with 285-75r16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO 2 i guarantee no one has these yet! Pics to come tomorrow :D i actually like the stock wheels with these tires so these wheels are here to stay!
  25. M

What do you guys think?

actually the new REVO2 has come out on the market and my supplier has sold out of the old REVOs so i am going back to my original decision: 33x12.5r15 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs 15x10 Cragar Nomad II wheels ordering next week!
Back