Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

A/C Blower Motor

not sure if this helps but my 96 blows a relay every year. I replace the relay for $8 and it works again for another year. The relay is in the small relay box under the intake hose close to the air filter. The forward position on mine is empty snd the relay is the next one. Sorry I cant...
  2. P

Fault Codes Question

sorry separate processes. I flushed the cooling system and also performed the sea foam treatment through the PCV.
  3. P

Fault Codes Question

I just tuned it up and flushed the cooling system with a sea foam treatment and I will be testing the mileage. I am shooting for mid 20's, I will be extremely happy with that because of the v8. I like your truck Al.
  4. P

Fault Codes Question

found the cause the sensor came off the intake shroud behind the air filter. Thanks. The code was P0102. Runs great now. Thanks again.
  5. P

Help please!!!! PCV PITA!!!

its not easy, mine was stuck also but it does just pull out. you could replace the hose and the PCV.
  6. P

Fault Codes Question

How do you like that manual? Is it one of those internet based ones or just a regular program? Thanks.
  7. P

Fault Codes Question

not yet, I will look at that. Thanks.
  8. P

Fault Codes Question

One more question for you guys....What kind of manuals are you guys using to work on your trucks? Like I said the Chilton sucks. Thanks again.
  9. P

Fault Codes Question

Hey Guys, Does anyone know where I can figure out what is causing the fault "mass or volume air flow circuit low input". I did the OBDII and got that message and cleared the fault only to have it come back on after a few minuets. The Chilton's is about as usefull as...well you know, its...
  10. P

Some more power window problems..

I have purchased those 2 relays but I can not figure out from the diagram where they are located. The owners manual says they are under the dash but the picture looks like they are under the hood right in front of the driver. The Chilton is'nt much better. Any idea? Thanks.
  11. P

Some more power window problems..

Ok guys and gals you have been great with all the help you have given me about my windows. I have still yet to fix the problem and I have a little more info on them. Once the windows are working and the car is running they will not give you any problem till the car is turned off. Upon...
  12. P

Where are the relays under the drivers dash?

The window's all work fine once in awhile, then none of them work at all for awhile, then they start working again. No rhyme or reason that I can find. I bought the 2 window relays, the one touch down relay and the window delay relay and was going to replace them even to just rule them out as...
  13. P

Where are the relays under the drivers dash?

Does anyone know how to get access to the relays under the drivers dash. I think there are a couple of relays under there for the power window's that are causing my problem.
  14. P

A different kind of Power Window problem

I have taken apart the door and all the wires look ok, I have found that there are a couple of relays that might be the culprit. I have to locate them though. Where are the relays located under the drivers dash? I think thats where they might be.
  15. P

Parts

Does anyone here order Ford parts online? If so where do you order them from? Thanks
  16. P

That is what I do now. It seems to be taking longer to fix itself though.
  17. P

bud, tracing what? Whats that? Thanks.
  18. P

I tried the bumps, didnt help. I will have to take the door apart to check the wiring. Thanks.
  19. P

All 4 windows are affected, and all 4 switches dont work. The power locks work fine though. Thanks.
  20. P

This is really kind of weird. Sometimes the power windows decide not to work at all. None of them. No switches work and they stay inop until they decide to start working again. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it and I was wondering if there is some switch or control for them all...
  21. P

Another Sea Foam question...

I have been reading a lot about how great it is but I am not sure what it actually does and what are the benefits? How much does it cost? How do you do it? Thanks for the info.
  22. P

Lower Ball Joint Replacement How To (lots of Pictures)

I just put some new tires on my 96, they were wearing unevenly, and took it to get aligned. The shop said I need new lower ball joints and it was going to cost $400 or so. I am going to do them myself and was wondering if I should do the upper at the same time? I did the shocks not too long...
  23. P

96 Trailer Wiring

Well guys, thanks for all the info. I just recieved the plug that Ranger379 recomended and plugged it in and all worked fine. It could not have been easier. I am guessing that my truck has the trailer package. The plug cost $13.?? and shipping was prompt. I recomend them. Thanks again.
  24. P

96 Trailer Wiring

I ordered the part that you recomended from etrailer and it should be here today or tomorrow. I will let you know how it works out. Thanks again.
  25. P

96 Trailer Wiring

Great advice guys, thanks. I have the plug under the bumper that looks like it will fit right into the connector that Ranger379 recomended. Does this mean that the truck came with the tow package? It is an extra harness that just sits there with out being used and there was a female cover on...
Back