Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. MC05XLS

Powerstroke into an Explorer?

*BUMP* So has anyone tried the 4.5L PSD swap yet? Well, done the swap, without going into poem or bursting into song? ;)
  2. MC05XLS

Possible Upgrade...

So... I've got some inheritance money coming, and I'm considering trading in the '05 V6 2WD XLS.... for an '05 V8 4x4 Limited black on black. Any issues I should be aware of on this model, or is it all the same stuff I'd run into on my XLS? (That gear in the diff's "whine of death" for one)...
  3. MC05XLS

Will this mirror fit an 02?

So a quick numbskull question a year later. If I buy mirrors for an '08 Limited/EB with power, defrost, and puddle lamp, I can just plug it in to my '05 XLS, and it'll completely work? Are there any Gen4 mirrors with turn signals that would work on my '05?
  4. MC05XLS

Chamberlain/LiftMaster Remotes on visor??

So this may be an odd question. My house came with a Chamberlain garage door opener, but I have an issue with the remote. My remote does not work when it's on the visor. It doesn't matter if it's on my visor or the passenger. I've tried new batteries, I bought a new remote, I checked the antenna...
  5. MC05XLS

3rd Gen washer pump out, both wipers work.

Fixed! So in August, I managed to buy a house.. with a nice big 2 car garage. :) Picked up a pump from the AutoZone up the street, and it took me all of 15 minutes to do the swap. It's so nice to just hit the button and get the road grime off my windscreen. :D
  6. MC05XLS

Garage door opener on visor not compatable with Marantec garage door opener

If I remember correctly, Garaga is actually a Marantec, with the Garaga label. Chamberlain used to do that for Tru-Value hardware here in the US.
  7. MC05XLS

Adding daytime running lights?

But for an XLS? Okay, so what about having them activated for an '05 XLS? I don't have auto-lamp, and I have no clue if mine has the DRL module or not. Also, on the '05, do the DRL's use the low-beams, or high-beams? I have HIDs on my lows, and I know sub-normal voltage will {vulgar term for...
  8. MC05XLS

I think I can make this work. Thanks!
  9. MC05XLS

MP3 compatibility?

I was actually wondering the same thing. I have an '05 with the AM/FM/1CD, and I was thinking about going to something that either has a changer input, or the AM/FM/CD/Tape, so I get some form of adapter so I can plug in my iPhone to listen to music, instead of going thru CDR's and CDRW's...
  10. MC05XLS

Even tho I had no signs it was going out before hand? It never got weak or made any unusual sounds, so I can't figure an '05 would already have a pump crap out. There's nothing else it could be?
  11. MC05XLS

Right before I loaded my Ex on a U-Haul trailer, my washer pump quit. It's not my stalk switches as when I push the wash mode for front or rear, the wipers will work, but nothing comes out. I tried it with the engine off, and I can't hear the pump running. I can't find a listing for a fuse or...
  12. MC05XLS

The Most DEFACED Ford Explorer EVER :(

"Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Ebonics. Press 3 for Engrish. Press 4 for Retardo. Para servicio en Español, oprina el numero cinco."
  13. MC05XLS

The Most DEFACED Ford Explorer EVER :(

Forget the staving kids in Africa. We need to take up a collection to rescue this poor Ex. This is kinda disturbing.
  14. MC05XLS

Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF in Transfer Case

By "infamous whine" are you by chance referring to a sound I hear between 1700-2400 rpm in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears? Mine's been doing this for about 6 months (that I've noticed), and happens almost every time I drive, hot or cold. I can't tell if it's coming from the rear end, or the trans. My...
  15. MC05XLS

Full Interior LED Conversion

Has anyone done this on a 3rd gen, namely '03 - '05? BrianDye- How hard was it to get the green film off to convert these to red? It's freakin awesome! Personally, I think I would do either white or blue.
  16. MC05XLS

LEDs

V-LEDs all the way! Love their product and their customer service is great. Their HIDs are also great. :-)
  17. MC05XLS

2nd Gen. Headlight Housing Removal

We're upgrading her truck to HID's. I was figuring I would mount the ballasts like I did with my 3rd gen, between the headlight mount and the radiator support. Some things I've read say we'll have to take the grill out, some say there's a way to just pop the headlight housings out. I'm hoping I...
  18. MC05XLS

2nd Gen. Headlight Housing Removal

Does anyone have pictures of this? My girlfriend and I are going to have to get to her headlight bulbs soon.
  19. MC05XLS

Front upper/lower ball joint job

THEPOTROAST: I did it yesterday morning-afternoon after I got in from work. I ended up not fooling with the lowers, since they seem to be in pretty good shape. The first upper was a pain, as I kept looking back at your instructions to double check myself. That one took me about 2.5 hours. On the...
  20. MC05XLS

POTROAST: Haynes says on a 3Gen they are user serviceable on all four, but the on the rear, the ball joints are embedded into the control arm, and the whole control arm must be replaced. Advance Auto has the control arms for around $240 per, which... doh god... I really hope the back joints are...
  21. MC05XLS

This is one thing I cannot find a good work up on, and I really need to know what I am getting in to. I've done disc brakes, plugs, oil (duh), air filter... general maintenance. But I don't know if doing this is biting off more than I can chew. I know for a fact my uppers *must* be...
  22. MC05XLS

Any glow type gauge for 05' Ex?

I've been looking for a while, and I have yet to find any. Trying to talk my girlfriend into a G2 Ex so I can put projectors on it, since they don't have them for G3 Ex's yet, unless you wanna shell out $700 to have some made, which I am not going to do. I have found white gauge faces and...
  23. MC05XLS

Gauge & Switch LED Mods

So I was thinking about this one for a while, and I know the next thing I want to do, other than what I need to do. But to my mind, I have unanswered questions. On the gauges, do the bulbs have the rubber sleeves over them for the green, or am I going to find all of my coloring to be in the...
  24. MC05XLS

V-LED 60M-SMT type 2 dual color LED for 2005 Ex Front Corners

Complete for now Here's the original video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESH-dVnOQxM And here's the final outcome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOmOnrkVHAk
  25. MC05XLS

V-LED 60M-SMT type 2 dual color LED for 2005 Ex Front Corners

Also got them from V-LEDs.com. The reverse bulbs are a 60 M-SMT type bulb. Sorry, but I don't have the model numbers on them. V-LEDS.COM does have a new one out that I think should be brighter than mine.
Back