Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Rear AC not blowing

I am having a problem with the rear AC on my 1998 Explorer. I can hear the rear blower make noise and change speed with the rear fan adjustment switch, but there is no air coming from the rear vents, either floor or upper vents. Is there something that would obstruct airflow to the rear vents...
  2. W

Mevotech Supreme for front end rebuild?

Is anyone using Mevotech Supreme front end components? I need to replace the upper arms, lower ball joints, and tie rod ends. The comparable Moog problem solver parts are 50% more expensive. I'm curious how well they hold up over time. I'm not doing any wheeling, it's just a daily driver 2wd and...
  3. W

FelPro 1415 exhaust manifold gaskets

I have a 1998 Explorer with the 5.0L and tubular manifolds. I have a set of FelPro 1415 exhaust gaskets sitting on the shelf that I had bought for my Mustang long ago. I need to do the manifold gasket on the drivers side of the Explorer. Is there any reason I couldn't use the 1415 gasket instead...
  4. W

A4LD, early 1-2 shift in OD

A4LD, 4th gear always engaged in OD This is a Ford reman 2.9L A4LD in my 2wd Ranger with probably around 40K. It is a 2 solenoid version. In Drive there transmission shifts normally for 1-2-3 and TCC lockup. However, with the transmission in OD, the 1-2 shift is having issues. When cold the 1-2...
  5. W

Eccentric radius arm bushings? Long/short?

I need to replace the radius arm bushings in my 89 Ranger 2wd. I am going to be installing 3" drop beams so this is the perfect time to replace the radius arm bushings. I have noticed that there are several choices for radius arm bushings. They have standard and eccentric bushings as well as...
Back