Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

A/C compressor thump?

I have had the same issue and it was taken care of at the dealer. Here is the TSB for the problem - TSB 07-19-7 A/C COMPRESSOR THUMP NOISE - 4.6L Publication Date: September 11, 2007 FORD: 2006-2008 Explorer 2007-2008 Explorer Sport Trac MERCURY: 2006-2008 Mountaineer...
  2. A

Location of Sirius DLP module on 2007 Eddie Bauer

A few on here have bought NAV radio's from a person who does sell on eBay, his email is tauk@aol.com and you should tell him what options you have so the radio would be programmed properly (i.e. Rear Set Entertainment, Steering Wheel Radio Controls, etc.). The radio's have come out of...
  3. A

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

Here is a copy of the TSB; FORD: 2006-2008 Explorer 2007-2008 Explorer Sport Trac MERCURY: 2006-2008 Mountaineer This article supersedes TSB 07-23-2 to update the Service Procedure. ISSUE: Some 2006-2008 Explorer 4dr, Mountaineer and 2007-2008 Explorer Sport Trac vehicles...
  4. A

235/65/18 Tires

Which BFG's and size did you go with?
  5. A

replacement door mirror

The shape of the mirror on the 05 is different from the 06, so I don't think you can interchange them.
  6. A

cargo liner

I have the Weathertech cargo liner and it fits perfectly for my 06, though I do have 3rd row seats, so the liner is in 2 pieces. Looking at their website it appears that Explorers without the 3rd row seat would have a 1 piece liner. I also got the Weathertech Floor liner for the first and...
  7. A

navigation dvd 6P

I bought a 6P DVD off of eBay. It was new and sealed, came with the NAV instruction manual's. Cost was $90 plus shipping. They did have quite a bit of updates for my area (Pittsburgh), and you can always check the navteq website to see if your area has updates as well. FLM Navigation...
  8. A

V8 Shifting issues - free extended warrenty

Good to know Since they did the re-programming, have you had any issues? Mine was done today and so far so good.
  9. A

factory remote start / 06 explorer

I will have to double check, but I believe that is what I had done but did not get any honking horn when I opened the door. I guess that means I do not have an alarm. :confused:
  10. A

factory remote start / 06 explorer

As I bought my Explorer pre-owned, I wanted to see what kind of alarm (if any) I had and I must be missing something, should I lock the doors with the inside door lock switch or remote and which knob should I unlock it with before opening the door with the inside handle? My Explorer also has...
  11. A

Questions about adding NAV.

I believe only the audiophile radio uses the subwoofer and should have the 6 disc CD changer buit in. The standard radio is a single CD with no subwoofer. If you already have a audiophile radio, the NAV unit should be just plug and play and take full advantage of the subwoofer.
  12. A

Upgraded to Navigation

Yes you can play CD or radio, the navigation is on a DVD which is in a separate slot behind the display (it is a motorized tilt down when you need to access that DVD). You can have the map displayed as you drive, it will show your current location. If you are playing a MP3 CD, you can also have...
  13. A

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

TSB 07-23-2 6R60 TRANSMISSION EQUIPPED VEHICLES ONLY - BUMP WHILE BRAKING - BELOW 10 MPH (16 KM/H), DELAYED ENGAGEMENT, HESITATION ON TIP-IN AFTER BRAKING Publication Date: November 6, 2007 FORD: 2006-2008 Explorer 2007-2008 Explorer Sport Trac MERCURY: 2006-2008 Mountaineer...
  14. A

Upgraded to Navigation

WWasem, how did you make out with your Nav Radio and XM?
  15. A

3 bulb tail lights

Hi Donner, So far my 06 (which I bought pre-owned in July of this year) has been great. I do have the known issue with shifting which does give it a jerky ride, especially at stop signs. I just have to make time to take it in to the dealer for that. I have the upgraded EB package that gives me...
  16. A

3 bulb tail lights

Hi Scotty, The Explorer does not have a amber turn signal in the tail lamp. The Mountaineer does have a clear lamp with the amber turn signal from 2006 to current. Hope this helps.
  17. A

18" tires

Any problems with them fitting on your 18" rims?
  18. A

audiophile vs. navi question

I just recently swapped my Audiophile radio out for a NAV radio. I did not really notice any difference in the sould quality. All the speakers and subwoofer seems to be the same. As far as the rest of your question, sorry I have no knowledge there. Might help in getting your radio part...
  19. A

Upgraded to Navigation

Did you leave the XM kit connected, were you able to hear the preview channel and see the info for that on the nav screen? Did you get everything to fit back into the dash opening? The Mercury logo does come up on my screen as well, only for abouth 3 ~ 5 seconds. I think it should just be a...
  20. A

Upgraded to Navigation

The XM wiring harness will use the 2 larger connectors by means of a pass-through. You plug your factory wiring harness plugs into the XM wiring harness and then into the radio. The small connection will only be from the original factory wiring harness. I do not have factory sirius insalled...
  21. A

Rain water leaking in from overhead console

I believe the TSB is going to be 07-20-6 which supersedes 06-21-17.
  22. A

Upgraded to Navigation

If you are getting your radio from the same person that Bojan and I got ours from, I believe that it may just be a matter of programming the NAV radio for the options that you have installed (steering wheel controls, RSE, etc.). He programmed my radio for those options, but I do have an 06.
  23. A

Upgraded to Navigation

Wwasem, I mouned the GPS antenna under the tray that is on top of the dash, it does not need direct line of sight. When you go to remove the bezel the passenger airbag cable is up there, i just used the foam from that to keep the anetnna from rattling. So far seems to work fine at that location.
  24. A

Upgraded to Navigation

I did get the FD-XMFD5 kit from myradiostore.com ... i did hook it up and see the tabs for SR1, SR2 and SR3. I also was able to receive the XM preview channel, but I did not see any of the station information being displayed on the nav screen at the that time (didn't really get that far to...
  25. A

Upgraded to Navigation

I am embarrassed to say that the problem was with the balance/fade. It was not set for the rear speakers. :rolleyes:
Back