Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Before and after pics-Chop top, Atlas, SAS v8 and more!

Explorer I moved to a 2000 f350 did a firewall forward graft to a 2008 body style
  2. D

Fix a Roll over

Title there is no way someone can tell this is a salvage car look anywhere you want on this one LOL
  3. D

so made a new rear bumper with a swing tire carrier found that a 300 lb bumper to include tire is more flex than the frame can handle looks like i will need to box the frame in the rear
  4. D

Soft Top Soft Top was made by a local shop
  5. D

trying to change speed on 1999 V8 for larger tires

Ok so called around looks like the closest dealership that will do it is in Ashland Oregon. That is a 5 hour drive from me. I wonder why the other dealerships wont and supposedly Ford took away the feature to change gear ratio's because of emissions. So they wont even know if it is possible...
  6. D

I hate Kendall ford I called the local dealership and they said it cannot be programmed.
  7. D

:roll::roll:Ok I got a Accu speed from Jet hooked it up to the ABS wire. speedomoter works now the info center and cruise control will not work unhook the acuspeed and rewire to factory works normal. completly disconnect it and nothing works. any ideas???? also I removed all the front...
  8. D

some welding required
  9. D

it was the TJ long arm kit
  10. D

interior project is going to Start this summer shifters test fit
  11. D

I have 8K I would go with 6500 if I had to do it over again. the color is a Nissan EXterra color code. The doors were welded shut using brake tubing to span the gap of the rear doors. the damaged doors were replaced from a 1993 ford explorer.
  12. D

Not this seccond I will get some though
  13. D

I HAVE SEVERAL FRIENDS THAT HAVE SHOPS. Also friends that are engineers. We have all kinds of fun. I started with a 1996 X sport and went from there. I am a Technical advisor by day and Explorer nut by night. I have built probably 35 Explorers. justin the past I have started heavaly modding...
  14. D

"TURDLE" or " How to mess up a perfectly good truck"

Nice Ride Can I Get Some Specs On Your Motor Swap!!!!
  15. D

Fix a Roll over

Well if they look like this?????? Ok so they are not all fixable This one I had to bail on it went nose first down a cliff Kept sliding. As soon as I shut the door it was gone. I had to retrieve it in the Spring. I almost cried :(
  16. D

Fix a Roll over

THIS FRAME WAS NOT BENT BUT IT WAS MEASURED TO MAKE SURE. Right after the repair we drove it to Florida and back. Never had 1 problem mechanically. Although I didn't hook up the rear windshield wiper. That sucked. LOL I really love explorers. and have peiced many together. feel free to ask Questios.
  17. D

Fix a Roll over

Pic of the floor Ok Here is a pic of the floor Seam seal when done.
  18. D

Fix a Roll over

This was a cost of $5200 dollars to repair not counting my labor the paint job cost me $3500 with the extra body work the body shop had to do. I got a white 97 X off Craig’s list for $1000 dollars front end collision. De gloved so to say and put its body on my 2000 V8 limited. The rest was misc...
  19. D

Fix a Roll over

Final fun and finish Make them look Like new again.
  20. D

Fix a Roll over

More fun Ok so this was a 60 hour job
  21. D

Fix a Roll over

Ok so these are fixable Get a front end collision X year doesnt matter a whole lot 91-2001 95-01 preferable though. Take the seams apart @ the spot weld them back together. Most of the spot welds I have found line up almost exactly. Take cross measurements to make sure it is square. Tack...
  22. D

Atlas Ok so i will get more of the finished product I am currently working on the Interior.
  23. D

Sas Ok so i coulodn't help myself Installed 4:88 GEARS ARB front and rear Dana 30 33 inch tires Curie Anti rock Atlas II T-case HID lighting Head lights and fox lights Kenwood DVD touch screen and NAV Leaf over in the rear Drive lines
  24. D

Time to play almost Roll cage install
Back