Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Old style TPS Pigtail for Explorer harness?

So I've been running an accufab throttle on my 5.0 for a while but not happy with the fitment and lack of adjustment with the Explorer TPS on it. Never seem to get a good voltage reading. I remember seeing a post on here years ago of someone using the older style TPS with the green,black,orange...
  2. T

5.0 Quarantine Tuneup.

What's up guys? I haven't been on this forum in a while. Figured I'd drop in to kinda do a mini blog on a tune up I'm doing on the truck. Been having lean fuel trim issues, loud rockers, mysterious oil and vacuum leaks and a few other small things I wanted to nail out. So with that it would be...
  3. T

5.0 Valve Cover Fastener size?

Anyone know the bolt size to the valve cover fasteners for the 5.0 engine? I may have a slight leak in the rear gasket area passenger side only that I can see from underneath and smell burning off the headers. Ironically enough that's the side I had to use a few bolts from a hardware store as I...
  4. T

Replaced Blower Motor/Resistor/Switch Still not high setting

A few weeks ago on my way to work my A/C blower completely stopped working. My initial thought was the blower motor and or resistor. So after a trip to autozone and replacing both, still no air. Ok, so I had an extra dash control piece with the switches in them. It came on but no high setting. I...
  5. T

KS/MO Explorer/Mounty Meet this spring?

I haven't been on the forums as much lately, but I do miss how awesome the Explorer community is on here. Just wanted to see if anyone this spring would be interested in a Meet and Eat event somewhere in the KC area once it warms up? Let me know what you guys think and suggestions on eating...
  6. T

Rear Wiper on 2000 XLT only works when cold outside

Pretty self explanatory. I've noticed this for the past year but never got around to tackling this issue. Last winter and now this winter when my truck sits outside(normally garaged) the rear wiper which normally hasn't worked consistently for a few years works almost always when exposed to...
  7. T

Searching for usable Tall Valve Covers 5.0

Hey everyone, Been busy so I haven't been on the forums much. But I'm looking for anyone that would know what are some decent valve covers for GT-40p heads with aftermarket rockers. I have 1.65 Scorpion rockers with a .560'' lift cam so the stockers won't fit. I have old F-150 covers now...
  8. T

Possible T.P.S. wiring issues.

Recently I noticed every once and a while I would have a surge of the park or neutral idle and the only way to alleviate it was turning the engine off and turning it back on. Also last week I noticed the truck would not downshift upon hard throttle. Instead it would slowly accelerate as if I was...
  9. T

Plug wire replacement/repair kits?

So yesterday I was removing my number one spark plug in order to spin the engine and listen to the air coming out for setting my cam synchronizer on my 5.0. Well I'm sure this has happened to a lot of folks When I pulled the wire off the metal connector clip stayed on the plug. I tried taking an...
  10. T

Persisten P1309 Code

P1309 Misfire Detection Monitor not enabled Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/ford/ Copyright © OBD-Codes.com For the past several months and I don't know why, I've continuously had this code. Nothing has helped, resetting the battery, replacing , properly setting the...
  11. T

A/C not working after radiator swap

So I just finished putting in a new radiator in after my clutch fan in my 2000 5.0 poked a hole in the fin area. I had a metal one from a '96. Anyways since I replaced it now the A/C clutch doesn't kick in now. The fan inside blows It's fully charged although the gauge didn't show it, checked...
  12. T

Performance Rear Sway Bars??

Just wondering if anyone has found and installed any performance Sway bars on the rear of their Gen 2 Explorer's and Mounty's? Just scoping out some options to possibly improve the body roll a bit. I found some on E-Bay here...
  13. T

06 Mazda 2.3 Question

So me and my friend recently purchased a blown motor 2.3 FWD Mazda Tribute for under $1000 from a friend from work. It threw a rod through the block so it needs a new lower end. My question is, what lower end blocks will work for this model year Mazda?? Will Ford 2.3's from Escapes or Rangers...
  14. T

Looking for 5.0 EGR tube for TMH's

I stripped the thread to my EGR tube that prevents the top nut from tightening down the egr tube. I'm lookin for a modified egr tube that fits the torque monster headers with the 1" intake spacer. Thanks a ton! -TekMan05
  15. T

Need help from the Aftermarket 5.0 guys

Looking for some new valve covers on my re-built 5.0 with scorpion rockers. Currently I'm using 5.0 F-150 valve covers with the oil fill on the driver's side not the pass. I wanna get some cleaner neater covers and one's where the oil fill is in the original location. I inquired on summit about...
  16. T

5.0 Cam selection

Hey I need some advice from those who have cammed their 5.0 Explorers. I am in the process of overhauling my motor see thread here ----> http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304943&page=3 I was going to go with a custom camshaft from Flowtech Inductions...
  17. T

Installed my billete grille.

Just put the new billete grille in last night. When I originally ordered it off E-bay it was supposed to be a direct bolt in. Obviously that wasn't the case but I went ahead and installed it because the quality of the grille looked sturdy. Metal brackets and not plastic. So I knew the grille...
  18. T

2011 KC Explorer meet

Hey guys, I know I been away from the forums for a while. Been pretty busy. Just took The Golden Beast on a 1,500+ mile road trip to Sandusky, Ohio and back. Drove beautifully. Anyways, It's coming up on the tail end of summer which means things are gonna be cooling down here soon. That means...
  19. T

Airshocks, Badging, Projector Headlights

Last week got done installing some Monroe Max Air shocks I scored off of E-Bay. The installation overall was fairly simple. Remove your factory shocks and mount in the new Airshocks. You will probably need to pull out on the new ones a little as they come compressed. Assemble the orings, lines...
  20. T

Planning a 5.0 Overhaul

Ok so later on this year, I'm planning to tear down and put back together my 5.0 with only 156,000 miles. Reason to do so is for several reasons, learning experience, replace valve seals that are slowly starting to go bad, and to add a cam into it as well. The engine as of now runs great so...
  21. T

Photoshopper , Help Needed

Just wondering if anyone could possibly throw a few edits of these two pics right here. The one of the front of my truck I was wondering if someone could edit in Projectors with the black and chrome casings as I'm trying to decide which would look better with my Gold Exterior. The 2nd is to edit...
  22. T

KC area Winter trail riding anyone?

It's been a while but I'm starting to get that itch to take My Ex off the roads again. And it usually comes around this time of the year when Snow is close. I was thinking of the idea when we get a good snow this coming season to get a meet and go trail riding somewhere out in the snowy fields...
  23. T

Oil Separator kit mod?

I was looking into gettin an oil separator for my Mustang. http://www.brenspeed.com/05-08-mustang-fuel---induction-oil-seperators.html These S197's are known to get a lot of blowby through the vaccum lines into the intake manifold. And it got me thinking has this been done on Explorers as well...
  24. T

Best way to launch 5.0 AWD Explorers

So recently I went against a 3.0 V6 Fusion. And damn those mo fo's are quick. I had two runs against one both from rolls. First one he pulled hard even though he got a slight jump. The 2nd one from about 30 I pulled decent at first but he began to pull back as I was entering third gear. It's had...
  25. T

Mustang GT Cam Project.

Well tonight my buddy is going to be helping me install these new drop-in cams on my GT. Hoping everything goes well. Once it's all done (Successfully) I'll have pictures and a video clip as well. The estimated time is anywhere from 3.5 hours to upwards of 6 hours. Wish us luck :us:
Back