Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Stumbling Motor

i wasn't refering to the burning oil prob i was talking about the stumble.:salute:
  2. W

Stumbling Motor

dude before you go changing the motor buy some new plug wires i had a siular prob and that was my fix.:thumbsup::salute:
  3. W

While I'm in there...

if your in there already you should have a good hard look at your timing chain. and concider changing it. if its original its probably quite worn and if you change it now while it's exposed then you will be good for a good long while. good luck:D:salute:
  4. W

Automatic OEM locking hubs??

listen bud , my opinion is scrap those auto hubs and go manual!!!!!! ive had auto's for years and like most didn't have a problem with them till i really needed them. then when i had enough of getting towed out of places couse the dam hubs wont lock in !!!.... i went to manual and haven't...
  5. W

the more i fix the worse it gets

so here is the update i did a voltage check on the dpfe and it failed so i replaced it and still no change so i went back to the start and pretended like i had done nothing at all. i started with the plugs and they were dirty but ok so on i went to the wires i pulled them one at a time and...
  6. W

Explorer problem and KOER test

code 998 is a failure code it means the ecm is running the engine under a minamal operations failure program but don't worry this is what it's suposed to do when the ecm gets a fault code from a major sensore like a maf or o2 sensor. if it shows a 157 then its your maf. cleaning it may only...
  7. W

ok so i put in the new maf sensor and erased all the codes then let it run for a minute and ran all the codes again and this time it pulled a 137 . now its the god dam o2 sensor so off i go to the parts store again (they know me there by name now) so i put in the two o2 sensors at $80 each and...
  8. W

no cel light in my xplorer

i will look into replacing the cel later. i went and bought a obd-1 ford code puller at crappy tire(only $50) and pulled my codes. did three tests and all three showed 157 and 158. thats right the maf sensor putting it in tomorrow thanks every one!! :p::salute:
  9. W

so i saw in my canadian tire flyer this week that code pullers are on sale so i went and had a look and found the one for my truck (obd-1 ford code puller) it was only $50 (around $75 at the shop to have it scanned) so i picked one up and pulled the codes finally. guess what code came up...
  10. W

Can i use manual locking hubs if i have automatic hubs?

ok i just did this too! first you need to buy the auto to manual hub conversion kit at your local parts store its made by warn. then either buy new or track down a set of manual hubs at your local auto wrecker. then follow the instructions in the conversion kit to remove auto hub assembly and...
  11. W

1994 Ford Explorer won't start.

check your coil pack. if its going it may be your problem. somtimes when there going the wiil work intermitantly. if you can get it to run again try firmly tapping the coil pack with the butt end of a screw driver. move up and down the coil pack tapping it and listen to the motor if it stall or...
  12. W

thank you tedj. you gave me the right answer. i looked into it and your explanation is the most likley one. i am looking into replaceing it as you read this. i:thumbsup::salute: will update when finished.:D
  13. W

yes im sure . there is no marks on or around the hole where the socket should be. there is a hole and the spot on the dash does say chek engine but no light or socket or even wires. Im still trying to confirm if it was tampered with or not. i can't get a strait answer from ford yet but i will...
  14. W

anybody else missing there check engine light i recently discovered my 94 explorer has no c.e.l. and am wondering if anybody else has encountered this????. with my truck there is no sighn that one was ever there and had been removed. so im inclined to think that mabye there never was on. any...
  15. W

i have been try to fix my truck to with no success but thats another thread. in the process i dicovered that my 94 xlt has no cel. no bulb, no socket, no wires, and no sighn there ever was one. does any one know anything about this??? i posted this thread a while ago with no responses...
  16. W

so i went to my buddies and learned a few things. one important one was that my 94 explorer has no check engine light(what the f@*k). after thinking there might be a problem with the light itself i pulled the gauge cover and checked to find not only was there no bulb, but no conection at all, no...
  17. W

wow! im glad thats over

just a idea if you like that beefy sound after you put on your cat replace the muffler with a cherry bomb glass pack and only pipe after that it sounds nice and meaty especaly when you accelerate and its not to loud.:salute:
  18. W

i have now replaced fuel filter and even the cat but still runs like ****. i loaded up on fuel injecter cleaners and even put in a litre of methel hydrate in case there was water in the tank i also put in octane booster and the good juice (gas) and drove it for two days and still runs like ****...
  19. W

it all started with a bit of a spudder so i cleand the plugs it got worse then i replaced the plugs all together (and yes one at a time so not to make mistake) then it was worse. it now runs like its only firing on 4-5 so i thought mabye the wires they look kinda old been there since i bought...
  20. W

Exhaust help!

they all laughed at my 94 ex at the shop but.... when i had the same problem i looked at most of the same options that you talked about and one you didn't. I bought a cherry bomb glass pack. When i went to the muffler shop to have it put on they all laughed at me . i left the cat on for...
  21. W

Wanted lower mainland b.c. explorer groups

i live in surrey b.c. and am looking for some explorer pals to go play with. i was born in 1994 and have lived in meritt most of my life. 2 years ago i moved to burnaby then to surrey 1 year ago . i have 217,000 kms on me and am still full of piss and vinager . i have changed drivers 3 times and...
  22. W

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

running 32x11.5 no lift i have a 94 xlt and am curently running nankang 32 x 11.5 mudstars and still have full turn and suspension. the only cutting i had to do was 1 little plastic tab that stuck out of my running boards on the front aprox 2.5 inches.(so if i didn't have runningboards there...
  23. W

4x4 isues 4high is good but 4 lo is no go

i have a 94 explorer and its wicked but lately its been a real sh*t first the temp gage went wonky but i fixed it, then the trany cooler hoses blew and i fixed them, then the uper rad hose blew and i fixed it ,then the transfer case shift motor but i fixed it. NOW the 4x4 is being a b*tch . the...
  24. W

4 x4 dosen`t engage / cant activeate

transfer case shift motor not working if you are hearing the relay box trying to shift then the transfer case shift motor might be burnt out. its under the drivers door and is mounted to your transfer case. it looks like a larger windshield wiper motor and is realy easy to replace it has three...
  25. W

Changing Spark Plugs on 91-94 Explorer

a lot of trouble for not??? all i do to change that b#tch is use a hex head spark plug socket (most of them are like that anyway) then use a wrench to turn it and break it loose, then turn it by hand( only a few turns), remove the socket, turn plug by hand until it comes out. then reverse...
Back