Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

fuel injector question and missfire issues

I'm getting a P0305 Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected, but its acting now like there is another missfire, but doesn't read on the codes, I totally forgot to post about that lol. I have soo much less power now. the compression numbers were about 165 PSI for each cylinder, +/-7psi, 171 being highest...
  2. W

Alright, so my enigne is a 4.0L 6 cylinder OHV, I brought it to autozone to run fresh codes(disconected the battery), and I get missfire reading - cyl 5 missfire. This was the same error I was getting a few months back too, same cylinder. I also tested again, today, just to be sure, I moved a...
  3. W

Alright everyone, So this is my issue I need some help on - Right now, I don't have a job and no money to put into this, so I need to do this dirt cheap, without a mechanic. My engine ('98 ford explorer sport)is a v6 running on 4 cylinders - This all happened a few months ago, right before...
  4. W

muffler fell off - need temporary solution

So that part is called a Split Flange. How Do I measure this particluar flange to get one that is the right size? I measured the distance between the center of both bolts - it's 3 3/4in, and my exhaust pipe is 2in.
  5. W

Thought I would attach a picture to show what the part looks like, before I cut it off. lol. Yay for new rustgland!
  6. W

so another question - my catalytic converter has an exhaust flange at the end of it, and the part that attached from the muffler to that flange is rusted to sh**, and I had to cut it to get it off the cat converter. I don't know what the part is called, or what it looks like lol...?
  7. W

So about those clamps, is there a store like home depot I could find these (I live in central MA)?
  8. W

Hey all. So - My muffler fell off from the CAT. Converter back (the CAT is still on) - the bracket and sealer stuff that was there is no longer, there, anymore, and it was just hanging loose from my frame. I don't have a welder, and don't have any money to pay a mechanic for repairs(no job ATM)...
  9. W

2002 explorer sport 4wd 6cyl w/50k miles?

Hey all - I am looking into buying another explorer sport - So I just have some basic questions - for a 2002 explorer sport 6cyl. 4wd, with 50k miles on it, what kind of problems can I expect in the next 50k miles? The car i'm looking at is about $7k, I can probably talkem down to 6700 or more...
  10. W

Mr Missfire

andddd my entire exaust from the rear of my truck to the cat. converter just fell off. andddd my truck got broken into, apparently both doors and the rear door lock, but the back window does not. :( Time for a new vehicle I think. gotta 2001 explorer sport lined up, hopefully I'll grab that...
  11. W

Mr Missfire

My engines definitly getting an actual missfire - feels like its running on 4cyl, I'm having the same issue as you were having - can barely get up hills, but it is still running. Very rough shaking idle. I'll try the seafoam this weekend see how that runs.
  12. W

Mr Missfire

**UPDATE** Had a 3 different mechanics look at my issue, they ran leakdown tests, dye tests, replaced a few parts including the fuel injectors, I forget the rest(wrote it down somewhere, looking), but still the same issue - All the mechanics are stumped as to why i'm getting to...
  13. W

different light source - metal halide and others...

Sounds good, but i wasn't planning on having those as fog lights, but rather as much better illustrators than the stock headlights - and the closer, IMO, to white they are, the better! I hate that yellowish color a lot of lights have from a low(er) color temp. This bulb is one of the ones I...
  14. W

different light source - metal halide and others...

Hey all! I did a little searching on these forums, but only came up with a few posts with reference, in specific, to metal halide bulbs, but no one seems to have talked about using one of these lamps for use as an off-roading light. most of these types of lamps are sub-$50(but require a...
  15. W

Mr Missfire

anyone¿
  16. W

Mr Missfire

Okay so my results were not as I thought they were going to be. All 6 cyl tested within 9 PSI of each other, lowest being 159PSI highest 168PSI. Just for testing I added oil in each cyl and reran all tests and saw almost no increase in psi. One of the cylinders increased 2 PSI but it was still...
  17. W

Mr Missfire

the issue i'm having right now with mine, is every 4 or 5 months or so, my cyl 5 will missfire unless i replace the spark plug, but if i move the bad spark plug from cyl 5 to any other, (with the new spark plug in cly 5), it works fine. wires are fine, tried everything except the compression...
  18. W

Mr Missfire

any luck with that as I am having almost the same issue...
  19. W

radiator 'rock gaurd protector'

Oh hey all! I have a silly question - I've been trying to search for a while and have found really no info on here - It might be that I'm just a n00b and can't recall what the actual name of this 'item' is, but I'm looking for a rock gaurd for the radiator, as seen in the front of the white...
  20. W

1999 explorer sport 4.0 cylinders: which is which!?

Hey there. One of my cylinders is missfiring, giving a check engine code that states cylinder 3 missfire. Just to be sure, I want to try a working wire first, but, WHICH spark plug belings to cylinder 3!? I can not, for the life of me, find any info in my hanes, chilton repair manuals, as well...
  21. W

Add-a-Leaf Install: Step By Step "How-to"

anyone? haha? hard to believe noone else has the same issue I have...? ps also, do i need to add 2 of those items to my basket, or is it a PAIR being sold...no info on that in this article either...?¿
  22. W

Add-a-Leaf Install: Step By Step "How-to"

add a leaf EXP13120 I was just curious - on 4wheelparts.com, you have to select your year, make, model, and drivetrain - Point is, according to that website, the leafs for my 1998 explorer sport (which is 4wd), does not exsist - unless its 2wd, in which case its $123.99, NOT the $34.99 quoted...
Back