Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Need help please Cel Code 85

I have a 91 XLT with a 4.0 EFI, that will not start. I'm getting a cel code 85, got the motor to start with starting fluid, but will not start now. I did a search, without much help. I don't know where to go from here. Any suggestions of what top do next?
  2. P

Help needed

Ttt
  3. P

Help needed

Just getting my motor back together, and have a few loose ends. I can't seem top find out where these connect to. In pic 1, these are the connectors that are just behind the washer bottle, 1 end goes to the knock sensor in pic3 is with a push on cap. The end in pic 2 is the one I can't find...
  4. P

I know a guy in Simpsonville, still in school, name is Alex. Wondering if you know him?

I know a guy in Simpsonville, still in school, name is Alex. Wondering if you know him?
  5. P

Whats the speaker size for a 1992 Eddie bauer?

yes the speaker size is 6x8.
  6. P

Jingling sound from front when hitting a bump?

I had a 85 Merc Marquis, that did that. Everything looked and felt tight until I hit a bump. It was just enough to make them jingle. 1-3" bolt, 2 washers, 1 nut, 1 sleeve, and no bushing.
  7. P

Jingling sound from front when hitting a bump?

Check your sway bar bushings
  8. P

91 4.0ohv motor swap

I am swapping 1 to another 4.0 ohv. What is the easiest to remove the motor? I did a search and didn't find what I have been looking for. Thanks in advance
  9. P

Hello from MAFB

Welcome! Old school USAF here, been out 17 years. What's your MOS?
  10. P

Teens or Old people

I would have to say teens. Granted old people tend to go slow, but how about the teen driving too fast, talking to boyfriend/girlfriend in an argument, not paying attention to the road? 16 year old killed here over Christmas for that. At least the old ones here know where they're going, no...
  11. P

Miles per Tank of Fuel 99-01 6 cyl auto

I get between 275-290 avg on a tank. That is avg mpg city & hwy driving. I can't complain about it. That's on a Sport with a 17.2 gal tank here in the mountains.
  12. P

chilton or haynes

X2 on both.
  13. P

loud engine knock, need help

No check engine lights, the knock is the same in idle and increases with rpm's. Oil pressure, water temp, all gauges are good, no changes at all. It came on all of a sudden, kind of like a light switch, no there, fix the coolant temp sensor wire after the rat got thru with lunch(chewed thru)...
  14. P

loud engine knock, need help

Did you try to start the motor with the belt off? The problem you described sounds just like mine. My idler pulley isn't turning. But the only problem I have with mine, is the noise continued with the belt off, and I was curious about yours.
  15. P

Motor Swap?

Any suggestions?
  16. P

Motor Swap?

Luckily, yes. Both are complete trucks. The 92 body is shot, but great interior parts to swap if I ever need that. The only thing the 92 needs is a flywheel.
  17. P

Motor Swap?

I have a 99 Sport 4.0 SOHC with a rattle that is constant with idle and rpm's. I also have a 4 door 92 xlt with a 4.0 OHV with 54,000 miles on it. The sohchas 172,500 miles on it. The sport is in great shape, the 92 isn't. How hard would it be to put the 92 ohv into the Sport and what else...
  18. P

Engine Rattle

172,500 miles with no major problems. The only thing I've done is the right hub assembly.
  19. P

Engine Rattle

That's sounds like what mine is doing, but in the video, it was just in idle. Mine increased with the rpm's. If this is the problem with mine, would it happen all at once? Or would gradually get louder with time. If this is the problem, how do I fix it? Is it like the old 302's from the 80's...
  20. P

Engine Rattle

No, I haven't done anything to the timing chain. Like I said before, it wasn't there before the rat, and there on start up after "rat repair" was completed.
  21. P

Engine Rattle

Already did that. Couldn't tell where it was coming from. Also, redid the intake, used mirrors and a clean mechanic's magnet in the runners and still nothing. Had a mechanic listen to it (my husband, 30 years plus experience) and he couldn't tell. It sounded like it was everywhere at once.
  22. P

Engine Rattle

Would it happen all of the sudden? It didn't do this before the rat, just after the wires were repaired and intake gaskets replaced.
  23. P

Engine Rattle

I have a 99 Sport with a 4.0 sohc. I had a CEL come on. After inspecting the engine for problems, I found I had been visited by a fat with a taste for the coolant temp sensor wires. Long story short, the intake had to come off to repair the wires. Fixed wires, put on new gaskets on the...
  24. P

Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!!

Hey JL 3x12, 45 mins SW of Asheville? I'm 45 mins SE of Asheville.
  25. P

Hi from NC

New to the forum. I have a 99 Explorer Sport 2 door 4.0 SOHC pretty stock. About the only mods I have made is to put 15' BII rims and tires instead of the 16's and after market driving lights. The PO had lost one in an accident. I also have a 92 4.0 OHV 4dr, stock also. I would like to learn...
Back