Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Rough downshift and upshift

Bought new.....99 Explorer sport. Rebuilt transmission 4 years ago. OD light comes on after 5 miles of driving and shifting is affected on the low end. Is there a bolt on component that is causing this? Thanks, Chuckwagon
  2. C

How do I disable driver's door dinging bell

Ok. I will try it tomorrow.
  3. C

The door chime sounds with or without the key inserted. Anytime the door is open even a centimeter it chimes. I have the seats down in the back with milk crate storage. I often open the door, move the seat forward and get various items for projects or sports. The door chimes the entire...
  4. C

Also, I don't have the skills or patience to remove the dash panel ...... What is it about the door "closing" and "opening" that sets off the clanging bell??? If I could find that switch or button then I could defeat it's operation in some way. But removing the dash is out of the question...
  5. C

The only time it "dings" is when the driver's door is opened. And it KEEPS dinging until closed.
  6. C

Thanks, I will check it out tomorrow! I would really love to get rid of that sound!
  7. C

I have a 1999 Ford Explorer Sport. Just today I had a garage replace the turn signal flasher relay. Now when the driver's door is opened I get the "Bell ringing" sound. DING! DING! DING! It has not done this in years. I think it did when I bought it new in 1999, but I really can't...
  8. C

CAN'T FIND TURN SIGNAL FLASHER!

It's fixed! Took it to a local garage and they installed a new flasher. Cost some bucks but worth it! I couldn't go in the work area but I could see that the little mechanic doing the work was wound-up under the dash in a way that I could NEVER achieve! :):):)
  9. C

Thanks Husk! I would like to find and replace the flasher first. I found the emergency flasher and it clicks and works fine. If I could find the location of the turn signal flasher I could do a quick swap and either fix the problem or eliminate the flasher as the problem If you know of...
  10. C

1999 Ford Explorer Sport........Turn signals quit yesterday. I found the yellow flasher for the emergency blinker and it works fine but cannot see anything that looks like another flasher for the turn signals. Is it possible that the emergency flasher does double duty and half of it has gone...
  11. C

My headlights will not turn off!

Thanks! It worked!
  12. C

My headlights will not turn off!

1999 Explorer Sport.....SOHC....4 wheel drive It started yesterday. I turned off the vehicle and the lights were on.....but the LIGHT SWITCH was not on....it was daytime. The slide on the rearview is very loose and does nothing to make the lights go off. I timed it and the lights finally go...
  13. C

Can't find PCV valve

Here is what I did: I pulled the hose off the breather assembly with the vehicle running. Engine STOPPED DEAD COLD IN IT'S TRACKS! Ohhhh-kayyyy! I switched off the ignition and then stopped up the opening at the breather assemble. I then cranked the engine and it ran. .......kinda...
  14. C

Can't find PCV valve

Koda, thanks for that advice but.....I pass! Instead, I am going to TRACK DOWN the guy responsible for putting that PCV valve in that location. Then I am going to SQUEEZE him into that same space! :D
  15. C

Can't find PCV valve

I have a question Is there a way to CHECK that the PCV valve is working besides taking it off and "shaking" it? Is it possible to take off one of the two hoses that go to it....at the TOP of the engine and see if there is SUCTION....NO SUCTION....AIR FORCED OUT.....AIR NOT FORCED OUT......or...
  16. C

Can't find PCV valve

Is it on passenger or drivers side of engine?
  17. C

Can't find PCV valve

I have a 1999 Ford Explorer Sport....SOHC .....4 wheel drive.....6 cyl. There is a "nipple" on the passenger side valve cover toward the front that has a hose on it leading to the air intake apparatus.....but there is no pcv valve to be seen. The auto book says it is in the valve cover...
  18. C

'99 Explorer cold start won't work

- Probably your IAC. Take it off and clean it with brake cleaner, reuse old gasket. What is the procedure for cleaning the IAC with brake cleaner?
  19. C

Forget my last post! I looked up the pic for IAC control valve for my vehicle and it is an exact match! Thanks for the help! Chuckwagon
  20. C

This part just bolts on and there is a connector going to it. Does this sound right for an iac?
  21. C

My explorer would not run after cranking unless I "pumped" the gas pedal. Then it would die. I took off the engine cover and there is a device on top of the engine. I tapped it a couple of times and it ran ok for a week. It did the same thing two more times about 5 days apart. What is...
  22. C

New ball joints......grease

Thank you! On the ground it will stay!
  23. C

New ball joints......grease

I have a 1999 Ford Explorer Sport......6 cyl. ......4 wheel drive... I had new ball joints put in 2 years ago. Question????? Can I grease the bearings WITHOUT raising the vehicle or do I have to take the weight off the wheels first? It is very easy to get to the fittings with the...
Back