Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Crankcase

Feature Truck:7/4/05 Al Franklin "Aldive" 99 XLT

Aldive's Mileage Monster -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Al Franklin Sarasota, FL 1999 Ford Explorer XLT Metallic chestnut color 30 MPG Highway ENGINE 4.0 SOHC Mac intake ( http://www.macperformance.com/ ) C & L MAF (...
  2. Crankcase

How To: Add Dual Lit Visors and Maplights to a base model.

Ok, this is for First Gen.(91-94) Explorers, but might be very similar info for Second Gens. In My 92 XL, I had always hated the fact that I did not have maplights at all, or the special Dual visors that lit up. I noticed some XLT's and Sports had both, but usually had one or the other unless...
  3. Crankcase

5.0 carb/battery problem in an LTD Crown Vic

Ok, I normally don't ask for tech help, but this time I am stumped. I have a battery drain on an 84 LTD Crown Vic with the 5.0. if I let it sit overnight, the battery would drain down to .28 volts from 13... I did the usual fuse pulling /troubleshooting with no avail until I asked SVO...
  4. Crankcase

Explorer Options.....List yours.

After noticing many different levels/combos of options that came stock on Explorers, I decided to make a list to see exactly what everybody has on their Explorer. This thread will be for FIRST GENERATION (1991-94) EXPLORERS ONLY![I] The second gen will get its own thread later. If there is...
  5. Crankcase

Cranks 92 Explorer

I've never had a Registry......Might as well make one and update it later :rolleyes: http://www.explorerforum.com/files/6909/P1070772.mov http://www.explorerforum.com/files/6909/P1070773.mov Some cheapie wheelspin videos.... :confused:
  6. Crankcase

Broke two Explorer Meet records today....

Well....Howard is relaxing in Canada right now...When we had our first meeting...he broke the record for longest distance traveled to a meet:D..... Today...we broke a new record. We traveled down to the states for a meeting with Gina(Gem)....Meaning in his trip, he visited two countries...
  7. Crankcase

Modified Explorations Rules

Welcome to Modified Explorations. This is a place to post about mods you have done to your truck, or are planning to do. As usual, there are posts that could be posted in the forums meant for them. Any tire upgrade related questions would go in "Tires and Wheels", and a suspension...
  8. Crankcase

Courier

Not a Ranger....And still owned by my pop....:D It's just you never see them on here... 1978 Ford Courier 2.3L Engine Auto Long box (7') 101,000 KILOMETERS...I rolled it over for the first time:D Um, thats about it.....It passes the top 10% of its class in emissions every year!
  9. Crankcase

Do you have a block heater in your Explorer?

Brrrr, Winter is here, so..... I was wondering if all Explorers came stock with block heaters....All 4 of my families first gens have them, and they are all XL models... So...did yours? Do you use it?
  10. Crankcase

Different Kind of before and after....

LOL...my 5000th post. Geeze....anyways...the before:D : Aug 4, 02...hahaha
  11. Crankcase

5 Pin Relay Question

Ok, i have searched and searched......I have some lights I want hooked up to a 5 pin relay I have. I see conflicting posts on what pin to use for what..... Ok...I have the usual 5 pin #'s: 30 87 87a 85 86 So....here is my theory on how it should be used..... 86 Ground 85...
  12. Crankcase

Welcome to Drivelines...

Well, the first of some new sections....post away:D
  13. Crankcase

Check it out....

Before:
  14. Crankcase

MAS sensor...is it the same 91-94?

I was wondering if the MAS sensor could be swapped out from a 94 to a 92. I know they look the same, but are the internals the same?
  15. Crankcase

Coolant leaking out of firewall?

I have searched, and cannot find a definitive answer for my weird problem.... When my X is running, coolant is dripping really fast out of the end of a small tube located on the firewall. The tube is black, and just sticks out of the firewall 1.5" on the passenger side. I don't know what that...
  16. Crankcase

100,000 Posts!!!

General Explorations has reached over 100,000 posts again. In comparison, the second highest forum, Everthing under the sun, has 78,000+. :eek:
  17. Crankcase

How to: Remove and Reinstall 1st Gen Console

My center console was wobbling pretty bad in my '92, so I decided to rip it out and see if I could fix the problem. The following is a step by step thread on how to remove the 91-94 (and some later models) center console, and fix the wobble. I am also including some interesting ideas I...
  18. Crankcase

Taking the Explorer to crazy locales......

What is the Craziest, most fun place you have ever taken your X? I took mine onto center ice and did 4wd burnouts, doughnuts, and sliding:D
  19. Crankcase

What is this?

The pictured box was left behind on my X from the police.....I have always wondered what it is...I imagine it is some sort of flasher/relay....but how would I test it?
  20. Crankcase

If you wonder how big 33's really are....

Most stockers ask that same question.."Just how big is a 33X12.50, compared to my stock tire?" Well, I have the pics...A BFG AT KO 33X12.50 next to my Firestone ATX 235/75/15. Yeah, I said ATX... ;) For all people wondering just how big these tires are, the folllowing pics will help you...
  21. Crankcase

Fun with my Stocker.

Even Stockers have fun too sometimes.... I ran around in some mud today, and drove the dikes along the ocean...needless to say I had fun. That is all:D
  22. Crankcase

Weird Explorer...

I saw this locally....A Summit edition Explorer. Has enyone seen one of these before, or is it another dressup of an XL by a dealer?...It was a 96-97 Explorer.
  23. Crankcase

Why solo offroading is bad.....

Well, here is something I saw the other day in sand adjacent to a dike.... a 2WD Jimmy abandoned stuck less than 10 feet from the paved road....:D The road is where I am standing.
  24. Crankcase

Guess the vehicle.....?

Ok...A little challenge for you bored folks out there...guess the vehicle in the pics......Good luck:D 1. 4X4.....
  25. Crankcase

Explorer prototype

Here are some pictures of an old Explorer office prototype, enjoy:D
Back