Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

new heads now a wierd rattle/burning oil

Whered you get your heads? and how much did it cost you?
  2. 9

Blown head gasket symptoms with intact gasket? PICS!

Well thats good i suppose, man i really didnt want to go head hunting for this thing, seems like tis really gonna cost me before its all said and done. If anyone knows where to get heads in or around Louisville, Ky, LET ME KNOW!
  3. 9

So if i get these checked, and only the drivers side is bad (it looked the worst when pulling them) can i get away with only buying 1 head? it feels kind of wrong to only do half of the engine when there are clearly two of everything that can be replaced.
  4. 9

Oh god, where is the cheapest place to get new heads? This whole time i was under the impression that the "milling" work to be done by the machine shop would thereby make the heads usable again, this was not in the budget, ugh. This truck looks so great and the transmission was just rebuilt so...
  5. 9

The machine shop said they will magnaflux, check the valves and do any milling involved if they are warped. Just so im sure, does a machine shop FIX cracks or just find them, once a head is cracked, am i forced to buy a new one? TIA
  6. 9

So i just got done tearing into the navajo for a blown head gasket. Blowing smoke like a train, overheating, using coolant all the symptoms you would expect. As i got to taking the heads off, I noticed it had Fel-pro gaskets and they were in great shape. Does this mean someone recently replaced...
  7. 9

Just drove 200 miles on blown head gasket, now HELP ME REBUILD!

sweet guys thanks, my first fail thread
  8. 9

Ok, well i got a felpro gasket set and head bolts, and i am in the middle of tearing down the engine. I am wondering, there is a block on the back of the ac compressor where the hoses go in. Do i have to be worried about pressure still being in those lines 24hrs after the navajo was last driven...
  9. 9

Not so many responses at once please, I cant sort though all this info! hahaha
  10. 9

Just got back from Cincinnati and the navajo really scared me on this one. As soon as we got in the city it was blowing clouds. On the interstate it was absolutely perfect, good temperature and no smoke with plenty of power (which i dont understand if it has a blown headgasket) Anyway, I want...
  11. 9

33x12.50s on a 2" lift?

Please get more pics, or a video cause i think seeing it drive would blow my mind.
  12. 9

33x12.50s on a 2" lift?

Thats only the 2nd picture ive ever seen of this dodge, anyone got any more or details, its haunting me to know how/if it turns. FRESHMEAT- What tool did you use exactly? i want to know how to get a nice solid line, and what i can control the best while cutting, thanks.
  13. 9

NEW 24" Tires, on 295/35/24! HUGE tires! No Rub! Check it out!

Those fit PERFECTLY! This is exactly how 24's should look. Its nice to see someone not afraid of the bigger sidewalled rims for once.
  14. 9

Seat Question

Bronco 2's, navajos and rangers i think
  15. 9

6 inch front lift for under $500

Pics of trucks please. Really want to see what this looks like.
  16. 9

$725 to replace fuel pump?

725!?!?!?!?!?! My god this makes me want to be a mechanic. It blows my mind that people pay the much for what I have done in a driveway (to both a navajo and bronco) Starting to do things yourself is a great step, this site is incredible and can help you through anything. These prices are...
  17. 9

i want to clean under my hood etc few questions

I use a gel engine degreaser (can get it at autozone, walmart etc) put a nice big coat on it, let it sit, and then i spray it off with a big squirt bottle. I use a squirt bottle instead of a hose so i can be more precise and not flood my driveway. The oil and dirt just flows off with the...
  18. 9

Pics of Sub Boxes

I dont think ive posted mine yet, so here goes it. first, my big ugly box, i really need to paint or cover it. Here is wheremy cargo net used to be, now a hidden pocket for my amp with this cover i made and inside resides my MTX81000D, friggin love this amp.
  19. 9

Help me out on V-day, before it kills me!

Just thought I would update for anyone who cares. I did the Bars hradgasket repair and so far it has worked beautifully!! i really cant believe that for 10 dollars I have temporarily at least fixed my navajo. It is a night and day difference. It runs and drives like a dream now! So in case...
  20. 9

Yeah, now im in the middle of using some bars head gasket treatment, but how in the hell do i get every last drop of anitfreeze out? So far ive been filling it up and repeatedly emptying it and do that over and over, will that get it all, cause the bottle is very clear that i must get ALL of the...
  21. 9

The coolant left in the rad looked rusty, but i cant for the life of me remember if i bought the orange antifreeze (i think i did) And when i emptied it there was plenty in there
  22. 9

The smoke is light grey/white, Nothing really happened before the problems, they all started in the coldest week of the year, temps were in the single digits for a few days straight and I noticed my heat started not working. Then the smoke started so i parked it for weeks until now.
  23. 9

My navajo is once again letting me down on an important day, hopefully you all here can help me, 'cause right now i am feeling lower than low. Symptoms: 1. Smokes like a freight train when warm 2. "cycles" from hot to normal temp 3. Oil is not milky (yet?) 4. Heat doesnt work all the time...
  24. 9

soa made easy?

I could have swore someone swapped a ranger and navajo rear axles directly. The ranger wanted a drop and the mazda wanted a lift and they swapped them in a few hours, just needed new shock mounts. Hopefully someone knows what im talking about, i will try to find the thread. EDIT: here it is...
  25. 9

Headers straight to muffler? who did it help me find it

Plenty of shops will, i told them i wanted straight pipe installed instead of cats and they said "sure 50 bucks and its good", and that was only the first shop i went to, no telling how many others will.
Back