Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

One more - Check Engine light

Thanks for the reply. The issue was bad spark plug wires. Go figure! The issue got so bad, the truck was back firing so loud I thought it was gears banging in the transmission.
  2. T

Question about the o/d light flash

Hey !sportrac!, did you ever figure the issue with the check engine light with transmission problem and the shutter? I'm have the same exact issues right now.
  3. T

One more - Check Engine light

This is hopefully my last issue! Usually coming off the on ramp to the highway when I'm trying to gain speed, my check engine light blinks like crazy and I lose a lot of power to get up to speed. But after a few seconds of that, the light stops blinking and the truck acts normal. I went to...
  4. T

Rear end shutter

After about 30 miles of highway driving, on avg, when I come to a stop and turn either right or left, the rear end shutters big time, vibrating the whole truck. Anyone have any ideas? Like I said, it's worse after a long trip, otherwise around town I dont feel it.
  5. T

Squealing sound

When driving around 10 to 30 miles per hour, I hear this high pitched squealing sound coming from some where under the truck. Has anyone experienced this? It doesn't go away when applying the brakes, so I don't think its them. I know the front brakes have plenty of pad left. Not sure about...
  6. T

door latch problem solved - temporarily maybe??

I know for a fact I connected the one end to the metal clip against door panel. Oh well, I'm happy. I can now lock my door with out worrying if it's going to work or not.
  7. T

door latch problem solved - temporarily maybe??

Good post! I was just about to take the truck in to get fixed. I found the broken spring in the door jam along with a broken spring in the door handle. I applied the spring fix as explained. However, my door automatically locks as soon as you unlock it. Do you think I attached the spring to...
  8. T

How many Miles?

9. T

Windshield wipers have a mind of their own!

Does anyone have any idea why my windshield wipers turn on automatically without turning the knob on the steering column? It's very embarrassing driving around with them going off all day with out any rain. If I need to replace the steer column windshield wiper control arm, how hard of a job...
  10. T

K & N Air Intake Valve/gas Mileage

I get the same gas mileage as you. Keep us informed if you find a way to improve your gas mileage. By the way, I replaced all filters, plugs, wheel alignment, synthetic oil, but still get the same sh!tty gas mileage. But it really doesn't bother me bc it's a fun truck to drive!
  11. T

Squealing noise while driving!

My squealing has gotten so loud at times, I know for a fact it's coming out the rear end. I also took it in for a mechanic to hear it and they believe it's the U joints in the rear end. I still need to take it back so he can keep it for the afternoon and actually get under the truck to look.
  12. T

Horn

Anyone? Get this, now it's going off every time I turn the wheel. I don't get it. Are the horns of today different then 20 years ago? I remember back then to get the horn to sound is two pieces of metal that have to touch behind the steering wheel cover. I'm afraid to look since there is an...
  13. T

After driving around this afternoon, the noise is most noticeable when driving at a constant speed or letting off the gas. The minute I hit the gas, it goes away until I let off the gas again. After a stop, such as at a stop sign, it might not even make the noise until a later time. Very...
  14. T

It has to be speed related. Like I mentioned before, it will not squeal when in neutral, even over 3000 RPMs (that's another question, everyone says there is rev limiter). The squealing happens when I'm going over 20 mph on acceleration and de-acceleration to a point and when colder than about...
  15. T

Every once in a while at random times while it's colder than 30 degrees, I hear a loud squealing noise coming the front of the truck which ends up really squealing from the back. When I open up the back window, you can really hear it coming from in between the bed and cab. At first I thought...
  16. T

Horn

Has any experienced an erratic horn? Over every bump and turn, my horn starts going off. This has started happening ever since the Midwest went into a deep freeze which started New Years day. Besides removing the fuse, does anyone have a fix for this? Not sure what's in my profile, but I...
  17. T

Looking at an 01

I'm about to buy an 01 4x4 Black Sport Trac with 109,000 miles for $8,000. Supposedly the owner's husband owns a body shop, so I know the body is in mint condition. It has new brakes, ball joints and tires. Do you Sport Trac owners think that is a wise decision? I'm sort of reluctant to buy...
Back