Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Prefer Auto. or Manual Transmission?

:redexp: I have always preferred a manual transmission in a car...it gives you more control over speed and power, etc. I have always had smaller cars and trucks than my Explorer Sport, too. I have to say that I DO like the automatic in this vehicle. I don't have plans to offroad in...
  2. E

Looking for Help with OD Question

I don't think anyone was aware it was broken until the engine light problem. They are actually a really great dealership, and I never thought I'd say that in a million years about one! I didn't ask them for a new gascap, because knowing dealerships, if I had taken it in to get a new one...
  3. E

Follow-up to this, in case it helps anyone else...the gas cap was not all the way on. When the dealership filled it up prior to delivery, they broke the threads on the 'stock' cap, causing it to be loose. The sensor sensed it, and turned the light on. The owner's manual mentions this...
  4. E

Indiglo gauges install, or HOW TO REMOVE CLUSTER!! ( warning 22 pictures )

Wow...this writeup is incredible. I have been looking at those gauges on Ebay, wondering if they are hard to install. I would end up electrocuting myself, but my juvenile delinquent next door neighbors would find it a snap with your excellent instructions. I agree with the rest of the...
  5. E

Robert, Thank you so much! This is what I needed to know. It was the 'check engine' light, not the 'OD off' light...and it went off when he increased speed, so your temporary diagnosis of an oxygen sensor is probably the case (let's keep our fingers crossed). BETTER than still being...
  6. E

Thanks very much! Being new to the board and being a 'not-mechanic', could you tell me what other specifics you would need to help determine a problem? I appreciate any help you can offer, and thanks for the welcome! Emmy
  7. E

Hi..new member to the Forum, new Explorer Sport ('98) with low miles on it (42K). Drove it off the lot on Saturday, my husband drove it to work yesterday (about 80 miles round trip). He said he was trying out all the stuff, and turned the OD on and off at highway speed. He said the engine...
Back