Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Speakers not working

Factory Amp I don't know what sound system came with your X but I have a 92' XL and my did not come with a factory Amp. Your jack is on the drivers’ side and if you have a factory Amp it will be on the passengers side but I don't think you have 1. I could be wrong. Your speaker problem sounds...
  2. J

Setup suggestions for 99 Sport

I like it. The reason I put the 6 1/2 in the back was because they were to deep to go up front. They hit the window frame. I have them turn down on the crossover and the front stage up high then back. It sounds awsome for overall sound. I listen to a lot Tecno and Trace music and I set it up...
  3. J

sound deadening

Back Hatch Rattles I can tell the difference in road noise. You can bearly hear it. My X is a 92' and back then sound deadening was not a major issue in building the Explores. My dad buys and sells cars and heavy equipment so he has some recked cars with old interior out of them so I spray...
  4. J

Setup suggestions for 99 Sport

Stock Speakers I made my component plates out of 3/4 MDF for the front and the back. The front are 5 1/4s and the back are 6 1/2s. I ahve pics of the whole setup. I will post soon. E-mail if you need help with any making these plates. They are easy just take your time and have fun. I just spent...
  5. J

sound deadening

Front Seat Belt Cover It just snaps right off. I took my panels off this weekend. Took pics of my whole project. When I finish my website I’ll let you guys see it. Just finish the amp rack tonight and letting the glue and the paint dry. Also if you have cargo instead of the factory sub there is...
  6. J

lookin for some new subs, advice needed

JL Audio 12W0 I just got mine today for $150 for the pair. They are brand new with a factory seal. Awsome subs for the money. But it all depends on the amp you are running. Good luck shopping. Always listen to the speakers before you buy. C-YA :chug: :smoke: :us: :hammer:
  7. J

Only One Word

One Word! FUBAR :mattmoon: :chug: :smoke: :us:
  8. J

Need approval of a Sub

Don't Buy Them. I was considering the MTX 3 10s but when I heard them I was not impressed at all. Not saying that MTX sucks but that configuration does sound that great. I had been shopping and debating on 2 or 3 10s or 2 12s and I went and heard some 2 JL 10w3s and 2 12wOs. I decided on the JL...
  9. J

Audiobahn Encloser HELP!!

What do you think of this setup. I can get this Box with the 12s for $200 its used but looks brandnew. I dont know how to insert images but the setup is the ABP12 by Audiobahn handles 800watts rms. My question is it a good deal and will my amp handle this setup. Amp is a Alpine MRV-1002 Bridged...
  10. J

Dynamat

Need to what else can be used other than Dynamat. Its not cheap.
Back