Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Can I cut an access panel to access fuel pump in 96

I got no pics but it was pretty much the same as the thread I posted in my original post
  2. J

96 Explorer pouring out coolant

It turned out to be the lower intake gasket. I fixed it myself and have had no problems since. Goodluck
  3. J

Best way to replace hub seal on 96?

bump to top
  4. J

Best way to replace hub seal on 96?

Must I remove the CV axles or can I go another route? Thanks for any help. I just got a SKF seal from NAPA . It has 2 parts one is black and one is blue. Does one go on the bearing and one go on the backside?
  5. J

Bolt sequence and torqe on 96 4.0

bump
  6. J

I did the conversion myself and came up with about the same as you. 107-123 inch pounds seems kinda low for something such as the intake. Perhaps I am wrong. Regardless I have to get ahold of another torque wrech because the one I have only goes up to 9 ft pounds.
  7. J

Fel pro gasket recomends this Step 1 4-8 Nm Step 2 8-15 Nm Step 3 15-21 Nm Step 4 21-25 Nm The tourqe wrench I have is Ft lbs is there a way to transfer this to ft lbs? Or should I just get another wrench? __________________
  8. J

Running like crap after lower intake fix

I think they are but Im looking for a pic to be sure If anybody has a pic that would be great
  9. J

It will stall unless I have my foot on the throttle
  10. J

Had what I thought was a bad lower intake gasket due to a major loss of coolant. I replaced the gasket and now Its running like crap. I have no water on my dipstick but it looks like steam is coming out of the oil cap. Could this be from the prior leak and will it burn off or should I redo the...
  11. J

Thank you Sir
  12. J

I was wondering if anybody could tell me the torque and oder of the bolts on the lower intake on my 96 4.0?
  13. J

Changing lower intake gasket question on 96

I got it all apart already and I thought maybe some of you guys had a few tips on putting it back together???? I got the 4.0
  14. J

one more bump
  15. J

bump
  16. J

I checked my oil a few times and its not milky at all
  17. J

I took off the AC and the power steering pump to get a better look and I see the coolant coming out right below the drivers side valve cover. Ideas?
  18. J

Im not sure where the freeze plug is on it, but it is something I thought about. Im gonna look at it again it a little bit
  19. J

Sorry I forgot to mention its the 4.0 Its looking like its probably the head gasket to me
  20. J

It leaks pretty good after it warms up. It looks like its right around the back of the AC compressor and below the intake. I just wanted a little input before I go taking it apart. Thanks
  21. J

Its done it took me about 25 minutes to remove the seat and cut the hole
  22. J

I have a 96 explorer and I need to replace the fuel pump. I know some people have cut an access panel rather than drop the tank like in this thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182160 Im wondering if I could do this with mine also and I should cut the panel in the...
  23. J

96 Explorer wont start

I finally have some time to look at it tonight. Could someone please tell me where about where the fuel pressure test valve is?
  24. J

96 Explorer wont start

where is the fuel relay located?
  25. J

96 Explorer wont start

Not exactly. I sprayed some starting fluid in the intake and it did fire up until I stopped spraying. I got a fuel relay and a filter coming tomorrow
Back