Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

93 coolant loss

pull your spark plugs...check them out...any oil, etc on them?
  2. C

Windshield Wipers Stopped Working

I got another issue with my 93 Explorer. The wipers stopped working. I can hear the motor hum when I turn them on, but the don't move. If I move them manually, they return to the down position? I would think that if it were the motor, this would not be the case. If it is the motor, can I...
  3. C

Please Help...No speedometer, turn signal, heater??

Not sure what is going on...I unhooked the battery, put the cables back on, now the only thing that does not work is the speedometer. Weird.
  4. C

Please Help...No speedometer, turn signal, heater??

Just installed a CD player in my 1993 and now my speedometer, turn signals and heater does not work??
  5. C

Help..No Radio/Interior Light...Fuse LAyout

Can someone tell me which fuse would be the correct one for the radio...I have a 1993 Forde Explorer...thanks.
  6. C

Can This Be A Clutch Issue??

Thanks...Nope no slipping...I never noticed anything.
  7. C

When you say slipping, do you mean slipping out of gear?
  8. C

It is an 93 Explorer with 153K on it. I did not notice anything with the clutch prior to this. My guy said that today he had it on the lift, he said that the tires spun slowly when engaged...? Didn't understand that really. When I put it into gear and let out the clutch, nothing...
  9. C

it is full......
  10. C

am stuck guys...today the truck made a weird sound as I was coming down the hill...I rounded a corner and went to downshift..it wouldn't go into gear...I tried several times then it went in. I was able to shift back up , but it was hesitating a bit. It never grinded or anything. Anyway when I...
  11. C

HELP...Transmission?

Forgot to mention that it is a 1993, 5 speed. Any ideas would be appreciated..
  12. C

HELP...Transmission?

I am stuck guys...today the truck made a weird sound as I was coming down the hill...I rounded a corner and went to downshift..it wouldn't go into gear...I tried several times then it went in. I was able to shift back up , but it was hesitating a bit. It never grinded or anything. Anyway when...
  13. C

Can I leave my Hubs locked?

With the hubs locked and the system engaged in 4x4 I had always been told not to exceed 45 mph. I don't think that it would matter though if the hubs are locked, but you do not have it in 4x4. I could be wrong though.
  14. C

Can I leave my Hubs locked?

Last 4x4 question..I swear. With the exception of decreased fuel economy (I will probably only put 3-4 hundred miles on it this winter) Can I leave my manual hubs locked and keep the system off inside the truck...essentially giving me on the fly 4x4?
  15. C

4x4 Fixed??

I don't have a problem disengaging them...I just wanted to make sure that they were operating properly when engaged; which is what I was unsure about.
  16. C

4x4 Fixed??

Hey guys...thanks for everyones help the past two weeks. Anyway I got my manual hubs installed, and being we don't have snow yet, I want to make sure my 4x4 is now working. I checked the 4x4 sticky, and did the self check with the front axles..they are locked. Also when I pushed the 4x4...
  17. C

UGHHH Truck Won't Start

Thanks guys...it is probably a combination of the battery and the cables are corroded. I got it started this morning by jiggling the cable..Started right up several times today.
  18. C

UGHHH Truck Won't Start

I'm about ready to scrap this truck. Now the truck won't start. When I went to start it...it was making a ratt--tattt-tatt sound...I was having issues with the battery terminals...wouldn't start last week..i jiggled the terminals etc..then it started. Anyway I attached jumper cables on a...
  19. C

4x4 Question (another)

I already went and ordered the manuals...figured now was a good time to make the switch from the autos..
  20. C

4x4 Question (another)

Thank you..I am having them replaced with manuals this weekend. Appreciate all the help.
  21. C

4x4 Question (another)

OK..maybe I am using the wrong word...I am turning the axle shaft (it goes perpindicular to the drive shaft) There is a part that is shaped like a U that appears to connect to the back of the wheel...right at the wheel. On the passenger's side, I can see it spinning freely. So I know that...
  22. C

4x4 Question (another)

Sorry for being vague..I can turn the axleshaft on the passenger side freely, it never locks AND I can see the u-joint turning as I turn the axleshaft. On the drivers side, when I turn the axleshaft, I noticed the U-joint does not turn when I rotate the shaft, nor does the axleshaft lock.
  23. C

4x4 Question (another)

Anyone with any ideas? Should I go ahead and order the locking hubs?
  24. C

4x4 Question (another)

I just re-read the sticky on 4x4 problems. I am pretty sure that my hubs are blown. I can turn the drive axle and it spins and spins. Never locks in. Here is my question though, when I turn the front drive axle I can see the (u-joint?) right where it goes into the wheel turning, however...
Back