Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

For Sale Full width SAS starter kit- Lexington KY

i dont think i have pics, i will check my computer, but i can take some if not. and yes they are the tubular extended radius arms. they are the same as the james duff Stage 3 Tubular Long Travel Radius Arms but grey instead of blue. i wont be able to get pics until monday or tuesday the...
  2. W

sorry, long day at work price is up:)
  3. W

Unfortunately I am getting rid of my SAS parts collection due to....well, a lot of reasons. I would like to trade for a superlift kit for 96-01 explorers or I could sell it off. I would like to sell everything as a whole if at all possible. Here is what I have. -77 HP dana 44 stripped...
  4. W

Building Longarms for SAS with Dana 44

looks good guy! they look like a straight version of the cage arms i have. if ya dont mind me asking, what did you give for the head units from duff, and how did you talk them into selling them to ya? i have tried to get a set for my cage ra's and they wouldnt sell me any. maybe because i...
  5. W

Greetings from Kentucky....

welcome, always good to have more kentucky boys here. i think you can find solutions to all your problems on this site.
  6. W

WTB: EB Dana 44 Front Axle

more http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=891701
  7. W

WTB: EB Dana 44 Front Axle

here ya go http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=837832
  8. W

the transformation has started

nice:thumbsup: i really like that bumper btw. keep the pics coming, what are the details?
  9. W

Ky Member

welcome to the best forum on the net
  10. W

bad clunk in drivetrain, checked all obvious causes.....help

thanks for the replies, i did check the ujoints during this clusterf#%k and they looked good. i will be re doing all the driveshafts when i get all my sas parts together and the axles rebuilt/painted. one thing the transmission shop did, that i did not do, to test the transfer case and...
  11. W

F-150 8.8 Swap?

just found these at ruffstuff http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/weld-on-disk-brake-bracket-30-axle-p-142.html http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=186{5}1 http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/ford-3-spring-perch-p-249.html wonder...
  12. W

F-150 8.8 Swap?

so....according to ^^^^ rotors, perches, shock mounts, ex 8.8, and a fw 8.8 are all that is needed for this swap? i finally found a 94 f150 8.8 for $50, 20min from the house! stic, you say this is a bolt on swap, but does your "bolt on" mean a few washers, a grinder, a bfh and some 4letter...
  13. W

^^^^^WTF.......can u say ban? anyway...update....the culprit was the tcase after all. the guy at the junkyard warrantied his part and gave me a rebuilt 1354m! thank god is wasnt the transmission. now, mods ban this guy...hes posting this crap in a few different threads
  14. W

Clunking sound while driving.

i had the same thing happen to me. turned out is was the tcase. but mine was only under acceleration. got a bw1350m from a junkyard and after a 1.5 days it started doing it again. got a bw1354m for a replacement because the jy has got a 30 day warranty on their stuff. clunk gone. maybe...
  15. W

Mounting sliders

i have thought about that idea, i cant seem to find a reason why it wouldnt work if the receiver and slider mount arm overlapped a good amount. would you just put a hitch pin in to lock the sliders in place? if so wouldnt that leave some slop in the receiver?
  16. W

bw 4405 to bw1350m swap

That wasn't directed at you, sorry. I just felt like a dumbass for making a hasty decision because of the difficulty of finding a 1354m and not having a my ex to drive for 3 weeks. I could use it bcause it came with the driveshaft, but I plan on doing a sas in the near future and don't know how...
  17. W

bw 4405 to bw1350m swap

son of a b!tch! after more surfing i found a pic from here http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14617&highlight=1350+fixed+yoke 1350 fixed yoke on left 1354e on right i did not remove the boot on the front output because it didnt budge when i gave it hell. i...
  18. W

Ok well scratch that previous post. Today when driving to go get material for my job the effin clank came back! Even with an older transfer case, I don't believe the same noise and feel would come back after a day and a half of driving and still be from the transfer case. I am left with...
  19. W

well i got the tcase replaced this weekend with a 1350 manual. i have a thread in the transfer case section. now i dont know what to do with a pos 4405? thanks to all the replies and help, ef rules
  20. W

97 explorer manual transfer case swap

just swapped in the fixed front yoke 1350m this weekend, works fine. i started a thread in this section.
  21. W

bw 4405 to bw1350m swap

after 3 weeks of searching junk yards and backwoods auto parts places i came across a rare manual shift 1350 with a fixed front yoke. i was searching for a 1354m but after my ex being down for three weeks, i couldnt pass it up. on to the swap. on the 1350 i had to do something with the...
  22. W

best i can tell, the main prob with the 1350s was the front output, i didnt know that some came with the fixed front yoke. there was also some improvement with the internal parts with the 1354, 6 gear planetary instead of 4 and some other things. but this particular tcase should work. i will...
  23. W

the front fixed yoke m1350 is apparently pretty rare but i just snagged one after 3 weeks of searching all the jy's in the back 40 of gods country here is a pic i guess i'll just have to get used to the 4x4 lights flashing, or is the something we can do to stop it?
Back