Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Getting those plastic trims back to OEM black with pics

anyone try it in flat black? im trying to figure out which finish would look the best
  2. C

Cuts off at 99MPH!!!!!

^^^rofl at last post
  3. C

4WD LOW/4WD HIGH light blinking

i had to replace the banner assembly, torque converter, a bunch of bands an solenois all i know that it ended up being $2437.79 ouch!
  4. C

4WD LOW/4WD HIGH light blinking

i would like to know as well because it did it once then the next day i had to replace my transmission...
  5. C

CV Axle Replacement How To (Pictures)

this helped o much thanks!! one thing you may want to add is that there are races that are on the old c/v's that need to either be replaced or reused heres what i am talking about, i realised they were there after i put it all back together sorry i suck in paint
  6. C

Headlights stuck on

i know i had a similar problem with my 98 so i dunno if this will help you at all. on my rearview mirror there is a slider for the lights to stay on for a certain amount of time and i slid it all the way to the left and the problem was fixed.
  7. C

How to correctly change transmission fluid

wow thanks i was wonderin how to do this cus the shop i had my tranny replaced had this huge pump thing
  8. C

Stock Alarm Question

personally i love the honk! its been my only vehicle to have an alarm. so why does yours honk/chirp when you unlock it? or how can i turn it on? or a soultion is to use the key instead lol
  9. C

pulling right side

yeah mine does the same! i replaced shocks, sway bar end links alignment and it still does. i recently put it in 4w hi and its even worse any thoughts? TIA
  10. C

Cuts off at 99MPH!!!!!

+1 i want to know but my mpg sux so bad at that speed but interested nonetheless:D
  11. C

Bad bearing-like noise in front end

ok i have a quick question. i have been having this moaning from the front as well, it is especially heard under 10 mph and typically tight turning at slow speeds. i dont have any leaks b/c i had the front diff seals all replaced about 6k miles ago. is this cv's or from not using the 4wd its...
  12. C

Cuts off at 99MPH!!!!!

correction mine topped at 107 what gives? im stock too, yeah i wonder what they are cappapble (spelling?) of but im not that crazy in the Ex at least
  13. C

Someday it will run again... (Kert0307's Buggy)

wow that looks like a blast good luck on this awesome project. i new this guy who put a gixxer 750 motor on a shifter frame now that was fast.
  14. C

Fuel Econpmy

i dunno what happened then the internet in my dorm sux
  15. C

Fuel Econpmy

sorry my computer is slow didnt see it
  16. C

It's about time that I earn my title around here....

wow that looks amazing and i know what i want to do to mine now
  17. C

Fuel Econpmy

there is a guy that has a thread 'my quest to 30' im pretty sure. welcome but the search feature will become your best friend.
  18. C

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

sorry its a dumb question, why would i need to replace my UCA? they looked about the same in your pictures but one was obviously cleaner TIA
  19. C

Cuts off at 99MPH!!!!!

oh i didnt realise i was goin that fast i thought i was goin 85ish btw
  20. C

Cuts off at 99MPH!!!!!

yeah my 98 XLT wouldnt be able to go over 99 when i got it a year ago but now it hits the fuel cuttoff at 110 or just shy of it this past week. i didnt realise i was goin that fast but oops. there were no mods done so i dont get what would cause the increase in performance but i seafoamed it...
  21. C

how to recondition paint?

i used the Ice claybar and the ice wax on my ex and it worked wonders i was amazed. my neighbor thought i got it repainted!!
  22. C

Getting those plastic trims back to OEM black with pics

wow that looks awesome thanks!!
  23. C

fuel economy

i jst seafoamed my 98 SOHC w/ 150k miles and i have drivrn 100 miles on the first 1/4 tank on the highway from Orlando to St. Augustine which is about 125 miles north. i drove 71 w/ the ruise control the whole time but there was some traffic that slowed down to 60ish for about 20 minutes. i...
  24. C

Huge Before and After pics, Blacked out Rims, Lights, Grill

the crome center caps make it look like a cop car i like them
  25. C

Huge Before and After pics, Blacked out Rims, Lights, Grill

thats pretty badass but it would look even better with the grey parts of the bumpers black as well
Back