Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

TPS votage?

ohh ok, so basicly every time you start the car it will zero out the tps, for the obd1 they really do like it at .98, when i first got the car new i was curious of what it was set at and it was .95volts so i set it at .98volts and the holes didnt need to be drilled out didnt notice any...
  2. 0

TPS votage?

what is the suggested voltage for these cars, on my mustangs they really like .98 volts is it the same fo the 4.0 sohc v6's
  3. 0

Need cleaning advice..

yep clay bars are the best, then follow up with good wax i use megurires gold class, or Eagl 1 nano wax very nice shine on dark paint
  4. 0

Which Thermostat? 180 or 190 degree?

the 180 will not make the engine run rich, any temp lower that 170 or 175 the computer is still in warm up mode durring this it wil make the mixture a lil richer to help warm up, i would rather have my cars run cooler than hotter, and it does prevent pinging also to add i put a 180 degree...
  5. 0

its your choice but id rather use a 180 degree you engine will run cooler, and the mileage wont drop never did in all the 302's i put one in
  6. 0

put in a 180 degree thermostat, a 190 is just too hot, i have 180 degree thermostats in 2 302's in my mustangs and it runs nice and cool
  7. 0

02 Won't start

make sure you are getting spark and fuel, with those it should run, it could be a fuel pump relay going out
  8. 0

04 Xlt Rough Idle

yah i would clean out you IAC valve with carb cleaner and check the spark plugs for wear, it wouldnt hurt to replace the wires and plugs since its prob needs it, the ford 100K tune up is a joke, by that time the spark plug points are so worn down its crazy
  9. 0

Auto 4x4 engaging in rain?

mine does the same thing, when im making a turn on a wet road it ussually engages but most of the time its becuae one of the tires spins a lil, what is really anoying is the auot 4wd engages it engages for like 1sec then off then off and if you going up a hill it makes a jerking feel, they need...
  10. 0

Drone/Hummmm loud at 55mph

the people that work at the dealers ussualy have no idea what they are doing "they just do that once in a while" isnt the answer, the fluid could have been over filled and came out the overflow, remember the O/D should be turned off under 50mph it, if not it causes a lot of heat build up and...
  11. 0

2002 explorer 4.0 V6 Spark Plug Type And Gap

it just shows how much of a joke the ford 100K tune ups are, by the time you hit that 100K the gap has to be around .070-.075
  12. 0

Comment by '02whiteXLT' in media 'YAY 347!!!!!!'

what heads you got? trick flow, or some alum gt-40's
  13. 0

maybe the gap was good it was just the plugs that were worn, but it only has 55,000miles, update i pulled all the plugs form the pass side they were gapped at .58 and the plug was AGRE 22PP which is a diferent plug, what is going on? the driver side is AGRE 22P and they wer gapped at .74-.75 and...
  14. 0

i have a 4.0 v6 its a 2002 explorer i pulled a spark plug and it looked good but the gap was at .074in way too big i thought, then i looked at the spark plug number it was a motorcraft platinum AGRE 22P the sticker on the hood said the plug should be a AGSF-22PP and the gap should be at...
Back