Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. seth247

4r70w won't shift into third/od.

The 4r70w I'm using in myswap won't shift past second gear. Multimeter testing show that the solenoids ARE working correctly and the computer is grounding them as it should. But the trans won't shift when the solenoids actuate(sp). The trans was just torn down and rebuilt before I put...
  2. seth247

'96 v8 Pcm wiring diagram.

I need the PCM diagram or pinout for a '96 5.0. Gotta find what wires they changed around when they effed with the transmission harness. And I don't wanna pay anoulther 20$ to wiring-diagram.com just for that.
  3. seth247

wiring-diagram.com

Has anybody purchased diagrms from wiring-diagram.com? Their examples look good but I don't like to spend 20$ without being able to see what I'm buying first.
  4. seth247

check out these guages.

I just found these while i was googleing something else. Check out the website they have several other types of guages. Though i cannot vouch for the site's legitimacy as i have not dealt with them, i already have some cool guages or i would. http://www.alfaotto.com/index.php?cPath=22
  5. seth247

4.0 MAF to 5.0 harness.

I need to know if it's at all possible to adapt a 92 eeciv 4.0 OHV maf sensor to a 98ish EECv 5.0 Engine and harness. I need a maf for my engine swap and I don't want to buy another one. Also I have a nice vortech maf for the 4.0 I'd like to reuse.
  6. seth247

shortened body lift?

As much as I dislike them. I want to do a 1 inch body lift to create some extra room for my v8 swap. But all I can find are 2 and 3 inch lifts. Can I cut down a 2" lift to one? Or will there be problems?
  7. seth247

Speedo gear on tailshaft install?

I remember reading a writeup about insalling a speedo sensor drive gear on a non equiped tcase output shaft. But I can't seem to find it in my searching... Can you guys help me out?
  8. seth247

Running boards.

Will the running boards off of a second gen fit my first gen? Some one on craigslist near me has some for sale.
  9. seth247

how much lift can the stock rockers/springs tolerate?

it's a '99 5.0 with stamped steel pedestal mount rockers.
  10. seth247

Wanted Machining recommendations.

I've got my 5.0 stripped down and I would like some recommendations on what to have done to the block by My machinist. Also since I've got the engine torn down are there any mods I could do to it now while it's easy that could gain me some power or save me agrevation in the future? I don't...
  11. seth247

Engine machinist near tulsa OK?

i need an engine machinist for my 5.0 thats close to tulsa. sure i could use yellow pages to findem but i figure that word of mouth should do the trick. thanks guys
  12. seth247

Only the coolest 4X4 ever to be created by man! if it was made.

when i get toooo much time on my hands and some deep pockets i want to turn a 2dr explorer sport into one of these!!!!! some of you may say, "why not the original warthog?" well i thought about it and, sure that would be the kickassest thing ever built but, that spot where the turret goes...
  13. seth247

My New V8 Swap Thread.

Check it out here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224362 Feel Free to comment!
  14. seth247

Matt's '92/'99 4X4 V8/4R70W swap!

Vehicle: 1992 forest green Ford Explorer 4X4 (<Frikin Sweet) Drivetrain: '99 GT-40P 5.0(4.9)L 302----4R70W Automatic Well i got my engine so i guess its time to start a project thread! The timeline on this is pretty loose. but as soon as possible cause the ole 4.0 is making wierd noises...
  15. seth247

buying a used bronco.

Well I know this isn't a bronco 1 forum but it's the closest we got. A guy has a 1990 ford bronco 4x4 auto, black with tan top, 351 (I assume Windsor) The engine/trans/rearend were all rebuilt about 41k miles ago. It has a little rust on both rear fenders slightly heavier on the drivers...
  16. seth247

driveshaft mod versus advance adapter?

so the v8 is creeping closer and I need to know. Do you NEED the AA adapter? Or can the borg warner hook straight to a 4r70w? I think it could be cheaper to have the shafts lengthened/shortened that to buy the 500$ Frikin adapter. Ps: Woo hoo 800 posts!
  17. seth247

rear door window replacement.

well about 3 hours ago my subs got jacked by some mexicans and they busted in that little window in the rear door. The one that doesn't move. So. How do I go about replacing this window? My truck has a factory bronze-ish privacy tint on these windows. Is that an xlt only option or did...
  18. seth247

'94 limited gauge cluster/steering wheel?

so I was reading an old consumer report from back inthe ex's hayday. (yeah I know, lame) and it mentioned that the 94 limited's came with some kind of digital gauge cluster. Does anyone have a picture of this? Or can take one for me? I also think they had a different wheel that the xlt's...
  19. seth247

thinkin about the poly coil spacers? DONT!

note to anyone considering buying the rubber poly coil spacers like the ones made by daystar. Forget it! One of mine Has split in two and both are mashed down an inch. Just get the f150 spring seats. Steel=good poly=bad.
  20. seth247

Nooooooooo! Stupid mobile sites.

rick I beg of you. Please undo the sites mobile version. I hate mobile versions of websites as they take away all the functions you need and dont give you an option to use the regular version. At least give me an option to disable the mobile app. Posted via Mobile Device
  21. seth247

5.0 swap with an electric fan?

have any of you who have swapped a v8 into your first gens managed to use an electric radiator fan? My swap manual from MRE says its next to impossible because of thebwater pump. What about with a shorty water pump? Electric water pump? Thanks guys.
  22. seth247

Manumatic 4r70w?

so when I swap in my v8 I'm gonna go with a 4r70w to put the power to the pavement. I want to turn it into a selectable manual-automatic. I like the paddle shifter kits I've been looking at online but I want to hear about your experiences with them and suggestions. What I'm really looking...
  23. seth247

turbo to super conversion?

so i hate to ask a stupid question but have any of you tried ripping apart a turbocharger and using the cold side only and sticking a pulley on it and making a supercharger? the only problem I can see is getting it to spin at high enough rpm. Maybe could use a big crank pulley and a small...
  24. seth247

turbocharger selection.

In try ing to select the correct turbocharger for my ex but unfortunatley I know very little about the different "trims". I INFd erstand how they work and everything but I don't know where to start on selection. Can you guys help me out? Its gonna run on the v6 for a while then will...
  25. seth247

A-pillar gauge pod?

I have searched and searched on here and online and I can't find an a pillar gauge pod for first gen explorers. Do any of you know of one that will fit? Perhaps one made for a late bronco/ bronco2? I think they have the same dash as these explorers and perhaps the similarity persists to the...
Back