Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Super Dumb question about after marked lifted shocks!

So I'm assuming I ned a suspension lift to install these.. I mean I could buy the stock sizes, all of mine are blown
  2. 9

Super Dumb question about after marked lifted shocks!

REGARDING: http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/W_shocks_Superlift_Ford.htm My truck would fit into the 4x4 ford 96-01 category and I wanted to purchase parts 85331 (front shocks) and 85151 (rear shocks) I'm thinking of moving up to the 4" superlift hydro shocks for the second gen...
  3. 9

2wd and 4wd Lifts.

I'm thinking of moving up to those 4" hydro shocks that you posted! Any idea on if tjeyre worth it or are durable enough? I've looked for reviews, but cant find any! By the way, I have an in-depth torsion twist tut stickied somewhere on this site if youd like to use it! EDIT: Will I be able...
  4. 9

Torsion twist for dummies! (pics included)

Hello everyone! Good to see this thread has kept somewhat active over the 2 years! A little update, my 2" are still going strong!! haha
  5. 9

fuel gauge problem!

bump! Still showing I have more fuel on my gauge then I actually do in the tank! Anyone!?
  6. 9

fuel gauge problem!

well.. about 4 days ago I put about 20 bucks premium fuel in my truck, which lasts all of a week for my needs.. but for SOME reason, my fuel gauge is showing A LOT more gas then is obviously in there.. like it'll startup showing a full tank and wont go down.. other times it'll startup showing...
  7. 9

I just measured from the top of the tread of the wheel to the bottom of the outer fender for the first measurement and just compared And at storlied, I just went by looks really, You can usually tell if it's pretty level if you look at it enough
  8. 9

ok, dumb question (battery question)

s like something of this nature? http://www.google.com/products?q=power+distribution+block&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1 any product you'd suggest? thanks for answering my question!
  9. 9

ok, dumb question (battery question)

I have A LOT of things running off of my battery.. I have both sets of my driving lights (4 all together) and my Amp power cord and let just say, it's getting pretty crowded! is there ANYTHING I could do do maybe add something to the battery in order to attach the accessories too, instead of...
  10. 9

Cold air intake!

yeah, I've done a little research and I saw a thread about it with 410fortune.. UNFORTUNATELY, I'm stupid when it comes to engines or whatever.. so I hope I can find someone to pay to do it :-p
  11. 9

Cold air intake!

the only problem about the engine swap is.. I have no idea what to do or where to go, since I'm kinda way out in the boonies :-p I'm pretty much just going to need a v8 and new transmission for the v8 right? or am I going to need a whole new chassy?
  12. 9

Cold air intake!

how much was it for your 93? I'm in HIGH need of some horsepower! BTW, I'm dreaming of doing an engine swap to a 5.0 v8, my v6 is almost at 140k and it's just DIEING
  13. 9

Cold air intake!

I want to replace my stock intake with a better one, preferably with a nice loud sound to it, I need a small HP boost, since my OLD engine is slowly dieing, I'm going to be buying a new engine this summer, but I want a good intake first! any suggestions? Thanks!
  14. 9

Lift on 4 door explorer xlt

I've got 33x12.5 tires on my truck ad I simply did a 3 inch body lift and torsion twist lift (about 2 inches) with some 2 inch shackles in the back to even it out and it made a BIG height difference! I havent really found a good suspension lift yet for my truck because I wanna go like 6...
  15. 9

wiring 4 driving lights up to 1 switch?

ok, second set of lights and brackets are hooked up and working! pics to follow soon!
  16. 9

I'm going to be buying a second set of brackets and lights here pretty soon! updated pics as soon as I can get the stuff on!
  17. 9

oh trust me, thats on the top of my list for when it warms up, since I dont have a heated place to do work in and I cant wear my gloves when I do wiring lol, it's going to look pretty damn good too, thanks again for all the advice!
  18. 9

haha trust me, it's as simple as it gets, the fuses are pretty much right next to the battery, I found that grounding towards the back took less wire, so I just decided to go with that route.. So far everything works good, I use it on nights with no moon or whatever, I love them! can't wait for...
  19. 9

as of right now, I have 2 on their, I'm paying off some bills first before I stick the second set on my rack! but I dont have them connected to relays yet, that'll come when the weather gets warmer, they're still pretty damn bright! I have it battery and remote wire -> to the -> Switch ->...
  20. 9

are your bolts really rusty or just frozen? or both? theres always de-icer and liquid wrench, but of course, dont take any risks where you think you might break it, my bolts were HARD to turn.. as in I ruined a perfectly good socket wrench haha
  21. 9

For now I only have 2 attached to one switch.. I'm still getting my funds together for the second set of lights and the mounting brackets for my safari rack! But it you happen to get all 4 working, let me know! thanks!
  22. 9

OK I can do that for you, I think the top mounted lights spread A LOT more then bumper mounted ones, since they're higher, the lights I have on there are fog type lights, not long distance lights, but they still give me a GOOD sight at night, as in it's basically almost day time haha, I can't...
  23. 9

OK here's some pics! I took the night ones last night and the day ones like an hour ago, enjoy! Here's the truck, yes I know, paints all messed up and bumper needs brackets :-p The lights (bought off of Ebay in a kit) they are REALLY nice, I'm planning on buying another set For some...
  24. 9

thats probably your best bet, and thats what I did, I just did the TT BEFORE I had my shackles on haha It was weird how much of a difference 1.75" made when only the front was lifted instead of the back at that time
  25. 9

umm yep, I think?did you send a follow-up one recently? I got the one about you checking it when you got home if the weather was still good ----- OH and to storlied, I just tightened them, I dont even know what kind of bar I had, but like with every bold there is only so far you can...
Back