Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

help full width d44 questions

Alright I'll give it a go tomorrow after work. Thanks for your input
  2. D

Alright will the be the same for the ra mounts 2-7/16" cause I'll probably just grab some 2-1/2 square tube and space it with that
  3. D

Would you happen to know by how much like maybe 1-1.5"
  4. D

sweet thank you for that ill get them ordered up tomorrow. i ended up getting an adjustable trac bar for an early bronco will that work for being full width
  5. D

i can space them i work in a steel shop so i can get any type of steel i need. im going to have to fab up the coil buckets cause i cant find any. i just wanna do this as cheap and as smart as i can. the plan is get it done soon so i can take it to oc for cruise week in may.
  6. D

ive been through those im trying to utilize the stock ra and stay on a budget. and im also using the 78-79 full width axle. i have the ra mounts bolted up and when i tried bolts the ra to them they were probably 1.5" outside the mounts. so i used the comealong to pull the ra ends closer so the...
  7. D

im in the process of doing a sas one my 93 explorer on a budget.. my issue is im using the stock 78-79 radius arms and mounts and i dont know if i need to space out the mounts or what. i already have 7* wedges installed and i have the 5.5 wh coils and and adjustable trac bar. just kinda stuck on...
  8. D

79 f150/bronco coil buckets and 5.5" coils

Well I'm embarking on a sas swap and those are the last of the parts I need.
  9. D

New explorer!

vacum pump works great never had a problem bleeding my clutch or my brakes with it.
  10. D

New explorer!

best bet is get a vacum bleeder. sears has the little hand one which is what i got. crawl under the truck and on the drivers side of the bellhousing you will see your clutch line going in. right above that is the bleeder valve its shou;ld be an 8mm. hoke the hose on and start pumping then crack...
  11. D

door question

would 2nd gen front doors fit on my 1st gen.
  12. D

off road park suggestions

me and a few of my friends want to do alittle offroading and camping in the begining of october. and i was wondering where would be a good place to go. im located in belair, md.
  13. D

New explorer!

try bleeding it you might have some air in the line
  14. D

4 inch lift question (s)

you can get it close using shackles and add a leafs this is for 4-6 inches of lift its made by skyjacker part #FA400
  15. D

Sway Bar Links Vanished?

on my 04 explorer which is my daily driver one side sheered off. it happens
  16. D

Can i fit 33s with 4" lift??

i fit 35 with some fender trimming and some rubbing at lock with a 3 inch body so you should be ok. you may have to trim the back of your fenders though
  17. D

sway bar drop brackets

i ditched my rear sway bar and used the links for the front. i bent them straight
  18. D

Show your 1st gen flex

i kinda lied it measured 5" of lift for the front after i did the lift but it sagged down to about 2" to 3" so i have some serious rake. rear is about 6 due to the lift shackles. but i just went out a got skyjacker 136 coil which say its a 6 inch but ill have to see considering the winch and...
  19. D

looking at a 93 Ex, says "No brakes"

brake master cylinder
  20. D

Drive shaft extension...

if your good at measuring and welding make your own skyjacker style perches. when i did mine i didnt have to extend the driveshaft i took the dust protecter off and checked how much splines i had in and it was like 2 inches. i havent had a problem with it
  21. D

Chime Location

on my 93 there was a little black box under the dash on the drivers side
  22. D

my explorder the urple

doors are done'ish.
  23. D

my explorder the urple

well i did it again hit a tree but this time it pushed my passenger side mirror into the window wich shattered it so i opted to never break a front window again by doing this. scratches are from the tree and the little rod is what opens the door. i still have to chop the other one and then...
  24. D

2004 Explorer Limited with 86K - to buy or not to buy?

i bought my 04 in october with 94k on it and i do have the abs light on and my 4x4 high light flashes but those are the only 2 problems with the truck. im almost at 110k now and all i had to replace is the belt tensioner and the belt. its a good running truck and hasent given me any major...
  25. D

my explorder the urple

yep tacoma was on stockers so like 29 inch tall cherrokee was on 31's and the wrangler was on 33's and ended up burning his clutch up
Back