Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

FIXED = IAC :) Turn key, no start unless giving mucho gas.

Thanks for the response guys. New IAC did the trick.
  2. M

FIXED = IAC :) Turn key, no start unless giving mucho gas.

Hey guys, Always come here first as the advice Ive received has always fixed the problem in the past. :salute: Stock 99 Explorer... Problem is just as title states. Out of no where, Explorer will not start unless stomping on the gas, and will not hold an idle to save its life. I've...
  3. M

Here's a doozy for ya...

Took your advice and went to autozone with the battery and alternator. Dude said the battery was shot but the alternator passed... Seeing as both the battery and alternator appeared to be stock from 99, I went ahead and replaced both of them. Everything at this point seems fixed. Explorer...
  4. M

Please help removing alternator

thank you everyone for your help. Replaced alternator and battery and all seems to be well. :thumbsup:
  5. M

yes sir. Will go try!!! THANK YOU
  6. M

Hi everyone, Pulling my alternator. Been doing searches for an hour for a "how to" and answered most of my questions except one. I have loosened the bolt holding the tensioner pulley on there, but Im getting scurred because there's no tention being released... Do you just remove the bolt...
  7. M

Here's a doozy for ya...

thanks fatcat. Could it be the alternator if we managed to drive it 20 minutes home with a battery so dead it wouldnt even roll up the windows? The whole thing is pretty frikken bizarre to me.
  8. M

Here's a doozy for ya...

I hate those damn poltergeist's! Well, it stopped raining so I went out and charged the battery for a bit. Took off the driver door panel and undid what I rigged this morning... Hooked the battery back up and everything seemed fine. Until I turned on the headlights. they were extremely...
  9. M

Here's a doozy for ya...

So this morning I took off the driver side door panel to have a look at a broken door lock mechanism... I had both the doors open so I unhooked the battery as to not drain it... I futzed with the door for a bit, rigged it so that we could still lock/unlock the door even though some spring had...
  10. M

brake light gremlins...

Hi all, did a search and couldn't find a solution or suggestion for this.. 99 Explorer Passenger side brake light won't work... It's not the bulb, it's not the fuse. inspected the wiring back there and everything seems cool. It is only the passenger side, that's what really has me frazzled...
  11. M

99 Explorer Turn Signal Smoking out of column

Thank you so much for the reply Jeff, and sorry about that, I will use the search function now for the brake light issue.. Looks like switching out the MFS should do the trick! :thumbsup:
  12. M

99 Explorer Turn Signal Smoking out of column

Hello Everyone, I have a 99 explorer and have a couple of electrical problems. Before I go to the dealer I wanted to see if you all may be able to give me some help in fixing this myself. A couple months ago I noticed we had a rear brake light out. So I went and bought the bulbs and discovered...
Back