Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Blend Door Actuator Not Working

RE: actuator not working Again,Explorer forums saves the day!Thanks to all,especially RobertA,My 98 EB has been without air since last summer,I finally got brave enough to do blend door,which was shattered at top,not just broken.Once door was in,I could not get any actuator to work,New,old...
  2. D

98 EB Climate control

The automatic climate control has stopped working in my 98 Eddie Bauer,No matter where I set temperature,it stays on all the time,not turning off at set temp. What direction should I look in to fix? Inside of truck gets HOT! I have not tried ac yet to see if it will blow cold.Thanks For any help...
  3. D

Radio Display is out, Please Help.

Radio display problem Hi,I tried the repair instructions offered by Duane harrison on ebay.As I am too ham fisted,I was not able to do the desoldering/soldering required for the fix.I contacted Duane again about the replacement swap board,he is very polite,answers his emails,and gives you all...
  4. D

98 eb 4.0 code help.

RE:98 EB code help Thanks,I will check those sites out.I do notice hissing from outside truck when it is idling,wasnt sure if it was belt noise when cold or what,but vacuum leak may be culprit{I hope}Thank You again for your quick reply!I am glad I have you guys.Kurt.:salute:
  5. D

98 eb 4.0 code help.

Hi,My '98 EB,4.0 sohc 155k has developed a code problem,I finally got it running good,and figurerd out through using the trip odometer that I get between 19 and 22 mpg,depending on my foot.Anyway,the check engine light recently came on,I bought a code scanner with diagnostic capabilities,and...
  6. D

Radio question

Radio question. Hi,Both my truck and donor truck are 98's.Physically identical radios,what kind of wiring upgrades would it take to make it work?Thank You,Kurt.
  7. D

Radio question

Hello,Will a non -mach stock explorer{no RDS,has cd&cassette}radio fit in a mach equipped 98 eb?will the steering wheel controls work if it fits?Thank You,Kurt.
  8. D

Center Console Help!!

Hi,Try a junkyard,I know the one by me,Red and Black in jamesburg nj,has 3 or 4 explorers and mountaineers.732 521 9856,I am going today,it's my second home on the weekends.Good Luck,Kurt.
  9. D

Howdy Amigos!

Hey,Welcome!Have a good time in the forums,Great bunch of people here,if you have a problem with your exploder,chances are someone else here has too,and can point you in the right direction.Once again,WELCOME!
  10. D

Where did my mileage go!

No,I am an idiot,I figured if it had the computer for this,it has to be right,right?So anyway,I will give it a few days and see how it does.
  11. D

Where did my mileage go!

Well,took it to the local shop today,no real help,described everything i have done so far,and his advice,and I am going to try it,is ignore the fuel economy computer,I am taping over it,and do it the old fashioned way,filling up,driving and then filling up again and seeing what kind of mileage I...
  12. D

Where did my mileage go!

THis scanner shows live sensor data,such as coolant temp.and fuel trim,as well as air charge temp.and throttle position,all the good stuff,just at the o2 screen,it says not supported by vehicle manufacturer,I was wondering if someone has used one,and figured out how to do it.In any case,I am...
  13. D

Where did my mileage go!

Changed the O2 sensors with new,mileage still stinks!Purchased an Actron obd 2 scanner today,is there any site that will help me interpret the readings I get?also has anybody used this scanner,and if so how do I get O2 readings?It is an actron autoscanner plus CP9180.I am at my wits end and...
  14. D

Where did my mileage go!

Hi,seafoam is good stuff,originally designed for marine applications,hence the "sea"in it's name.Anyway,it is a multiuse powerful solvent,can be added to gas,engine oil,or as we are mentioning it here,running it through the intake system through a vacuum port.It gets in there and breaks up crud...
  15. D

Where did my mileage go!

Hi,thanks for all the great advice!I am probably due for O2 sensors anyway,with over 154K on it now.And I was thinking of putting the platinums back in,they are still in very good shape.Its not setting check engine light{not even coming on},and it runs too darn good.How reliable is the economy...
  16. D

Where did my mileage go!

Hi,Changed the plugs after seafoaming 1st time and before 2nd.I cleaned the mafs,and throttle plate w/sensor cleaner.Have not checked O2 sensors,Logical next step?Also I am noticing occasional idle surging .Changed IAC w/new,no real difference in idle quality.I checked for vacuum leaks,couldnt...
  17. D

Where did my mileage go!

HI,I dont know where I went wrong,but anyway,when I 1st got my explorer eb,4.0,about 4 months ago,it was getting 18 mpg,and running bad,I figured out it was the fuel filter causing poor idle&running,in the interim of finding this out,I replaced plugs,wires,air filter,and seafoamed 2x.mileage...
  18. D

Hi Everyone New Guy Here

WELCOME to the forum!!!So do you think Corzine is going to bury the state or what?
  19. D

'98 EB pinstripe

Does anybody have a clue what color pinstripe they used on a '98 EB,green,the stripes are beige or something close to it,just cant get a good match,I am missing a 2" section on passenger front door,and it's driving me NUTS!Thanks.:us:
  20. D

Sorry for the upset!

To the whiney@#!% crybaby Did you bother to have it checked out before you bought it?Probably not,judging by your attitude,you didnt think you needed to,because nobody would dare screw you,right?Caveat emptor!Jap stuff breaks too! :us:GOD BLESS AMERICA:us:
  21. D

HELP, sea foaming my SOHC

To seafoam my 98 sohc,I cut the booster hose,installed a "t"and ran washer tubing into can of seafoam,ran engine until can empty,removed "t",and installed heater hose repair piece[plastic}now,when I want to seafoam again,hookup is simple.Do the seafoam in an unpopulated area,and be ready for...
  22. D

Did I ever mention my house is at the top of a steeply sloped driveway?

I say 2350.00,Geico is pretty good,but not THAT good.
  23. D

New to the forum

Hi! Welcome to the forum,have fun and you might just learn something too!
  24. D

Where is the IAC valve?

Your welcome Andy!Glad it worked out well for You,Maybe it will help others too!Kurt.:salute:
  25. D

Where is the IAC valve?

Update on my 98 eddie bauer After living with a choppy idle for a week or 2,and addressing what seemed like all the possible likely causes,plugs,wires,cleaning throttle body,EGR,IAC,seafoaming 2x,with some improvement,I finally got under truck and changed the fuel filter{old one,when drained...
Back