Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

4.6L Head swap?

I have just bought an '03 V8 XLT that seems to have some ticking coming from one of the heads, I'm thinking rocker arm. I will be scrapping my '02 F-150, also with the 4.6. According to Wikipedia the SOHC modular engine in the Expo and the Triton in the Effie are both one in the same but...
  2. F

Ranger Drop Arms on a 2ndgen Ex?

Has anyone attempted putting '98+ Coil spring Ranger drop arms on their 2nd gen Explorer? They look like they will bolt right on, then is a matter of doing a coil-over conversion to eliminate the T-bars.
  3. F

How to; Shaving the roof rack 1st&2nd Gen (a few methods)

Since I've seen a few guys ask about this but haven't found a how to on it I took a few pics while doing mine. I've welded mine (which means the interior has come out) but have shown a few alternative methods the even someone without knowledge or access to a welder can easily do in their...
  4. F

BODY MODS (old skool style)

Here's my '97 Explorer 2wd 5-spd when I bought it This the way she looked after the first round of mods And now is under construction (heavily influinced by the likes of Gearge Barris, Ed Roth, Bill Hines etc.) with some old skool body mods. With the help of a '94 Explorer Sport as...
  5. F

Some Questions for EB owners

I'm looking at buying a '99 "Eddie" with a 5.0 for my daily and for towing the trailer (of coarse knowing me, it'll be moded soon enough) Up 'til now I've only owned 2WDs so am hoping I can get some Questions answered. Suspension-The Check Suspension light is on, Can that be read with a OBDII...
  6. F

5.8 swap

Because of the emission laws in Ontario Canada I can't drop a beefed-up 5.0 into my '97 Explorer 'cause it will be E-tested as a stock '97 5.0 Explorer, but if I put a 5.8 in it, since they where never availible with one from the factory, it will classed as a "Hot Rod" therefore tested to 1980...
  7. F

RBV Meet @ TMP Sept.13

The Ontario Ranger Based Vehicle Owners are hosting a Meet at Toronto Motorsport Park on Sunday, September 13. All owners of any Ranger Based Vehicles are more than welcome to come, hang out, watch some raceing or run the track yourself. If you bring some burgers I'll throw them on the BBQ for...
  8. F

Vanfest (Southwestern Ontario)

Vanfest is a points show, not only for vans, but trucks too. It is just outside of St. Thomas Ont. off HWY.3, (2 hrs. from Detroit 3 hrs. from Buffalo). Date; June 12-14/2009 link;http://www.vanfest.vandomain.com/
  9. F

Southwestern Ontario cruise (London area)

I am holding a cruise for all Ranger Based Vehicles in the London, Ontario area on May 9 2009. We are meeting at the Flying-J in London (Highbury & 401, exit 189) at noon for lunch then at 1:00 we will be taking a scenic drive along the lake shore to Port Burwell (it will be about a 1 1/2 hr...
  10. F

Southwestern Ontario, Canada Cruise

I'm looking for particapants intrested in taking part in a cruise in Southwestern Ontario Sometime in late spring or summer of '09. The route will hinge on the location of the particapants. I would like to keep the cruise under 4hrs. with a 1 hr. stop for lunch in the middle. Particapaction...
  11. F

Flames (this time for real, honest)

O.K. it's not right here but this link will work http://http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2901235 Sorry to all the people I agravated:notworthy I'am a Body Man not a Computer Guru (too many paint fumes:fart:)
  12. F

The new guy

Hay just want to introduce myself. I am long time time ranger owner ( with short stint of Dodge ownership mixed in, but I'm back ). I have recently traded my '02 Ranger Edge in on a '97 Explorer XL 2WD 5-speed ( straight trade ) Due to the wifes car can't tow the camper and the family is getting...
Back