Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Divemaster191307

Bigger tire size.

The rims I use have a different offset than stock, making them stick out more. I can't be sure, but I think stock rims will probably rub at maximum turn.
  2. Divemaster191307

Manual 3rd row seats?

I have a 2007 EB with the 3rd row seat and it is manual... I think I've had it up maybe 3 times in 100,000 miles :)
  3. Divemaster191307

HID Projector Retrofit - Phase I

You sure you want to do that? I don't remember exactly what the overall cost was, but it started adding up with the custom machined parts and all that jazz! I think the plates themselves were upwards of $200...
  4. Divemaster191307

Can't find LED Tail Lights for 2010 XLT

I'm not sure I can explain and I didn't take any pictures... Basically, the 2 ball-headed screws that snap into plastic receiving thingies (technical term?) need to be relocated as they are not in the place as a '02-'05. It's not that big of a deal, but the hole were you relocate the screw is...
  5. Divemaster191307

Bigger tire size.

I run 265/70-17 (non-stock wheels), and have no issue with the 4x4 system. I've been running that setup for over 4 years, probably 55,000 miles.
  6. Divemaster191307

Tire replacement questions 08 LTD (18" Rims)

I run Firestone Destination A/T on my '07 in 265/70-17, and I love them. They are available in 18". They are a bit on the aggressive look, being A/T, but they've served me well. I can't tell you how noisy they are, I run a pseudo dual-exhaust that's quite loud. However, they feel solid in all...
  7. Divemaster191307

08 LTD Getting new tires soon. TPMS questions

My $0.02 about the TPMS: change them. The sensors' batteries are only good for 5 to 6 years, so you're heading towards having to replace them soon anyway. When I replaced my wheels and tires, I had aftermarket sensors installed and had no issue training the systems to accept the new sensors.
  8. Divemaster191307

Buying new tires. Need help deciding!!

I have a set of Destination AT on my '07 and I love them. I don't know that you're going to find anything that's good on ice, but they have been great for snow, even during the "snowmageddon" of 2010 (granted they were pretty new at the time).
  9. Divemaster191307

2007 Explorer Taillight Bulb

Yes, just those 2 screws, then you need to give it a bit of a pull at a slight outward angle. There are 2 "nipples" that just snap into place, that's what holds the side snug against the body.
  10. Divemaster191307

Can't find LED Tail Lights for 2010 XLT

The 2002-2005 tailights will fit a 2006-2010, with a little bit of modification. I did it on my '07.
  11. Divemaster191307

Electrical Connector Part Number

Oh yeah, I always forget about that stuff when I put thing back together! Thanks for the reminder.
  12. Divemaster191307

I'm with you, I wouldn't pay $40 each, no way, but $40 for a pair, I'm considering it... I tried some hotglue, but that didn't really hold up either. I think the connection is a little too finicky. Nothing against "ghetto fix", it's only ghetto if you can see it :) Another reason for a "real"...
  13. Divemaster191307

4F9Z-13411-A is the socket, you're right. What I am looking for is a pigtail to replace the one on the harness. The little locking tabs are broken on mine and keep working themselves lose (at least that's what I think is happening). I looks what I need is a 6U2Z14S411AB (WPT1025), like below...
  14. Divemaster191307

Does anyone know the part # for the connector (with or without pigtail) that plugs into the front Turn Signal / Parking Light socket? For reference, I am looking for the connector that matches the socket below. I have an intermitent connection for the turn signal on the passenger side and the...
  15. Divemaster191307

New set of TPMS sensors

You will have to reprogram the system to recognize the sensors every time you switch. I used the cheap Motorola tool ($32.37 on Amazon) when I upgraded my wheels, worked like a champ.
  16. Divemaster191307

Halo or HID

The 10,000ft level, this covers 99% of the retrofits out there: Remove headlight assembly from vehicle. Remove old bulbs - Save bulbs that you will reuse (Sidemarker, Turn Sginal, etc...). Remove lens, either with the oven method or the heatgun method. Test fit of components for location and...
  17. Divemaster191307

Halo or HID

One thing you may want to take into consideration (if you haven't already) is whether your Ex is your daily driver and how much "down" time you can afford. If it is your daily driver, you may want to consider doing your retrofit on a spare set of assemblies. You can pick up a used set from eBay...
  18. Divemaster191307

2002 Explorer 4.6L Project(s)

... 4. LED TailLights (Lightly Smoked) ... I have those on my 2007 (needed a little coaxing since the mounting holes don't fit a Gen 4 quite right). But they do look great. ... 5. SwitchBack LED Turn Signals (White/Amber) ... Watch out for those, they don't last too long (year, year and...
  19. Divemaster191307

Surging/jerking while accelerating???

$300? That's crazy. There's about 1 hour's worth of labor. $90 for the plugs, that's $210/hr for mech... This is a Ford, not a Porsche. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gz5Pd-hrWQ
  20. Divemaster191307

I mean that it felt like it was about to cut out compeletely or like the transmission was about to lock up, to the point where it was actually throwing me forward. When it 1st started doing it, I'd just let off the gas and then floor it, and it would be ok. But before I changed the plugs, it was...
  21. Divemaster191307

Oh yeah. When it wouldn't bog down, she still didn't feel like her old self, like when trying to pull into traffic. Granted I don't drive it as much as I used to and there is a "slight" difference between my 911 and the Ex :) , but I can certainly tell she is much smoother and responsive now...
  22. Divemaster191307

Sounds a bit like this thread: 06 Explorer 4.6L sputters in over-drive How many miles on your Ex? Seems like folks have been getting "jerked" starting at 70K on up... I also thought it was my tranny since the sputtering would go away when taking it out of OD. And it was a hit and miss...
  23. Divemaster191307

4th Gen HID Projector Retrofit and HID Fogs Build Thread

Cool. Can't wait to see the final product!
  24. Divemaster191307

4th Gen HID Projector Retrofit and HID Fogs Build Thread

Did you remove the "chrome" from the trim or just paint over it? When I painted my shrouds, I had a heck of a time getting the paint to stick properly, so I ended up giving them the "oven cleaner" treatment...
Back