Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Location of air intakes for heating and AC?

Hi Dorf, It's not just Ford. I have a 2004 Explorer, Pontiac Van and a Dodge Ram Pickup and have had mice nesting in all three. I'm going to be contacting NTSA, hoping they can make some kind of regulation. Anyway, the only AC/heat vent that i could find was as you mentioned, in the trough...
  2. L

Yeah, I had the packed corn thing too, especially since my wife insists on putting shelled corn out by the bucket for the animals, who look like they should be on Weight Watchers. I'm thinkin i may have to use aluminum, because they will chew through nylon. Woke up one morning, walked into...
  3. L

ok, The objective is to apply some type of screen mesh over the main opening under the plastic grille, the mesh being small enough to prevent rodents from getting in there. I might end up having to make something, but i have to do something. They got into the filter housing and made a huge...
  4. L

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

Thanks for the tips. I didn't have any plastic piping around to coat the plastic tool, so i tried a piece of 1/2" pvc. That didn't work, probably because i just couldn't get a good enough grip on it to apply any pressure. And that steel clip!!,,, constantly in the way, until i finally...
  5. L

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

I'm with Bikeo. Stupid pills must have been the order of the day.I had to wait several hours to post this for some cooling off time. Most ridiculous connection setup i have ever seen. Anyway, I still can't get the metal clip portion undone. Using the tool, pushed into the fitting as far as...
  6. L

Thanks much. I'll be checking it out.
  7. L

Anyone know where the air intake vents are for the heating and AC on an 04 Ford Explorer XLS Sport? It appears they might be behind the plastic grill at the base of the front windshield.
  8. L

2004 Ford Explorer Cruise Control stopped working

Very odd situation, but appears I fixed the Cruise control, by fixing something else. Upon routine check and (a hunch)of air cleaner, I found the air cleaner housing, was stuffed about half full with a mouse nest. I cleaned out the nesting material and duct taped a piece of aluminum screen...
  9. L

Scan Tools

There's a lot of nice scanners out there. Since we happened to be out today, I thought i'd test the CANOBD2 Mod# 1303 (aka Nova)with Enhanced OBD@ capability. Got it from Sears. Will be returning it. Great diagnostic capability, but no through put for a pc. Only one parallel port that's it.
  10. L

2004 Ford Explorer Cruise Control Fuse?

This must be one heck of a top-secret issue, or a Taboo! :>)
  11. L

Scan Tools

Thanks folks, Very helpful info. Looks like the only device that can talk to all systems is the "CAN" device. So at $2000, that's probably not going to happen. I guess my next question would be are there any other systems on the Explorer that can be talked to by a 'puter, other than the...
  12. L

Hmmm, Is it safe to assume that there is no fuse for the cruise control?
  13. L

Scan Tools

Is there a scan tool that can check ALL sensors and systems on a vehicle? What is a good brand name to go with?
  14. L

Just installed a new pressure switch on the master cylinder and No Joy.
  15. L

ok, just checked brake switch. foot on brake, brake lights on, Brake off, brake lights off.
  16. L

Is there a fuse and where is it located?
  17. L

I guess i should guet this straight in my head. If the abs light goes on, eventually goes off and stays off, the cruise still won't work because of that switch? My abs light hasn't been on for weeks, but cruise still doesn't turn on, no indicator light or anything. Does the cruise have a fuse...
  18. L

hmmm, well the abs light had come on once in a while, would stay on for a few minutes. But next time i would drive it it would be off. Never noticed at what point the cruise control stopped working. So does this mean that any time the abs light comes on and the crusie control stops working...
  19. L

RE: ABS/Cruise Control problem. Might have a fix

Guess i didn't realize this might be 2 different issues. The issue that's the problem now is the cruise control not coming on. Is that the fix for the cruise control?
  20. L

Cruise Control won't even turn on. Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it?
  21. L

RE: ABS/Cruise Control problem. Might have a fix

Even though Capt. Oblivious posted this 2 years ago, I just found it now. What were the parts that needed to be replaced? MyABS light only comes on at start up and after an unusual braking event and eventually goes out. But the Cruise control just plain stopped working some time ago. The...
Back