Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms

Yes, should be able to get a set of deep impact sockets from HF for not too much money. I have a set of them in Metric and haven't managed to break one yet in a couple years. I have a 1 1/4" deep socket I bought from HD around too.
  2. X

5r55e No auto shift out of 1st

Sorry I didnt respond right away, I dont get on the board every day. I replied to your pm last night though. I couldnt comment on starting in gear or reverse lights not working because I already had the switch replaced.
  3. X

1st - SS1 on SS2 off SS3 off, forward clutch, reverse band applied 2nd - SS1 on SS2 off SS3 on, forward clutch, OD band applied 3rd - SS1 off SS2 on SS3 off, forward clutch, intermediate band applied 4th - SS1 off SS2 off SS3 off, forward clutch, direct clutch applied 5th - SS1 off SS2 off SS3...
  4. X

Did you check the range selector switch? My 4R just did the same thing and it was a bad range selector. The PCM always thought the truck was in Park.
  5. X

best place to buy 4r44e sep. plate /gasket

Unless there is an aftermarket option the factory gaskets for 95-96 model years are not bonded to the separator plate.
  6. X

4R55E separator plate.

That is correct. I just replaced the VB gaskets in my 95 and the updated gaskets were not bonded to the plate.
  7. X

Post valve body rebuild issues

At part throttle it shifts quite firm, some might call it a bit harsh, but no delay. I haven't driven it that much yet so if I notice anything I'll post up my findings.
  8. X

I realized that after I bought both. I figured I'd try it and see how it worked.
  9. X

No forward, only reverse in 1995 2wd with 4R44E

4R44E is found being 2.3L and 3.0L Rangers. 4.0L Rangers have a 4R55E. The main difference is additional clutch plates in some locations. Grinding noises are never good. Looking at the Ford manual, I'd guess the rear one way clutch went out, but you won't be able to tell until you open up the...
  10. X

I was able to borrow a good code scanner and do some datalogging. After consulting with Glacier991 a bit I dug back into the valve body and found the 3-2 valve in backwards :o Now its working well again. 1-2 is nice and firm at part throttle with the ZC servo and positive at WOT. 2-3 feels good...
  11. X

No Third Gear + Tons of DTCs 4r55E - '95

Yes, the resistor (a thermistor actually) on the factory harness is the TFT. The EPC pressure riser from the Superior kit clips onto the EPC leads with vampire clips.
  12. X

No Third Gear + Tons of DTCs 4r55E - '95

Varies by temperature, link below is the resistance chart. http://www.xr250rdr.com/upload/files/1/TFT%20Test.pdf
  13. X

How do I Remove the Solenoid Wiring Harness in a 5R55E?

That connector is for the TSS, the plug just pulls straight down (down when the harness is installed in the case).
  14. X

I'm still fighting this issue and I'm pretty much stumped by now. OD will still not engage and it hasn't thrown any codes. Triple checked the valve body and everything seems to be in place and not frozen. Current configuration: TSB 03-22-10 installed Superior kit installed w/o pressure riser...
  15. X

Will a 99 trans fit a 98???

IIRC they are the same. In 98 the VSS was eliminated and I think the trans was pretty much the same until 01.
  16. X

Okay so I replaced the wiring harness and went through the valve body again to make sure I didnt have anything in the wrong place. I now have 2nd gear, but still no 4th. It hasn't thrown any codes yet either.
  17. X

I checked the harness and it tested fine, but my original issues included some shift solenoid malfunction when hot so I went ahead and ordered a new harness. I don't want to keep chasing my tail on this.
  18. X

Is it common for any of the external harnesses to have issues or mainly the internal harness?
  19. X

Picked up a pressure gauge last week, it arrived while I was out of town on Saturday. I just tested line pressure: 120 psi in P @ idle 180 psi in R @ idle 380psi in R @ stall Did a stall test in D and the needle bounced pretty violently. Couldn't get a reading.
  20. X

All the shift solenoids checked out. The harness has a few wires with cracked insulation but passed continuity tests. It shifts into second now but still too high. I got a chance to get on the freeway and found I have no 4th either. No engine braking in manual 1st either. The guy at...
  21. X

I just wanted to make sure the shift solenoids operated on 12V. I installed the red banded EPC. The guys at 800700trans recommended it as a replacement for the original one.
  22. X

1995 Ranger 4.0 2WD w/ 4R55E 123k miles I had a 2-3 flare issue, 3-2 slip and occasionally it would jitter between 4 and 3 if I got into it on the freeway. The fluid wasn't burnt though so I didn't think I had burnt the band quite yet. Yesterday I replaced the following: Ford TSB updated...
  23. X

4R55E 2-3 Shift Issue

Thanks for the help guys. I'll figure out if I have the right EPC p/n then post a finals parts list. I'm not worried about being able to complete the job, but I've never worked on an auto tranny before so I dont want to have any extra headaches.
  24. X

4R55E 2-3 Shift Issue

Thanks for the part # According to the valve rebuild diary the reverse servo cover gasket comes with the Superior kit. We're talking about the same part right? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1276125&postcount=23 My updated parts list (still need to double check EPC...
  25. X

4R55E 2-3 Shift Issue

I pulled the part numbers from the TSB. From the TSB parts list it appears only the later transmissions have a bonded separator plate, the 95-96 models still have separate gaskets. I'll doublecheck that I have the right EPC. I cant find that d-ring kit on transmissionpartsusa.com. Do you have...
Back