Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

1992 XLT rear brake conversion from drums to disc

My Explorer is max'd out on the rear drums. I also need front rotors since they are run-out also. Has anybody done a drum to disc conversion on the rear brake system, and if so I would need to know where to purchase a kit and a decent link for performance calipers for the front. Thanks again...
  2. R

1992 XLT 4WD Suspension

Thanks for all the advise.........
  3. R

1992 XLT 4WD Suspension

If I run at 32 psi it won't run a bad tread wear?
  4. R

1992 XLT 4WD Suspension

I bought new tires six months ago with a stock size of P235/75R15. I adjusted the pressure last week to the recommended 35 psi. It rides like a rock and I need some suggestions of a decent street shock that is reliable and will give a smooth ride other than putting 500 puunds in the back. This...
  5. R

1992 XLT starting problem

Sorrry, my quick reply is on my post.....I'm new to this.
  6. R

The flywheel does have some gouging, but nothing that is huge. I didn't have a chance to turn the motor over by hand when I had the starter out last, but I think I have a tooth or two out when it freewheels. But it still doesn't explain why I am having an unidentified voltage dopr.
  7. R

I just found out that my daughters explorer has been having some starting problems. When she attempts to start, it has the click click click and then engages and starts. Somestimes it will do the clicks and then the starter will freewheel and grind (you know, that gut wrenching sound when you...
Back