Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

For Sale $16USD / $22CDN - Amsoil EAO15 - Fram PH8A TG8A XG8A/Wix 51515 equivalent

I have an Amsoil EAO15 Oil Filter, the Fram PH8A / Wix 51515 equivalent. Rated up for 25,000 Miles New in Box, filter is still sealed in plastic. $16 USD plus shipping. It costs me $8 to ship to the US so it would be $24 USD shipped anywhere to USA If you're in Canada its $22CAD PM me...
  2. M

Rear mudflaps and brackets.

I got pulled over by the police a week ago just before going up a Forest Service road to some trails. According to the laws here, anything lifted more then 2.5 inches requires a Vehicle Inspection to certify that its safe. I've got 30 days to do that before my insurance becomes invalid if I get...
  3. M

Clutches: Luk, Luk Progold, AMS, Sachs, Exedy, Valeo or Zoom?

Going to need a new clutch soon for my 94 Explorer. On rockauto I have the following choices: LUK Part # 07096 CAD$106.25 AMS AUTOMOTIVE Part # 0709 CAD$126.08 SACHS Part # K011602 CAD$142.97 VALEO Part # 52502002 CAD$152.77 LUK Part # 07905 PRO GOLD PERFORMANCE CAD$168.68...
  4. M

Back into Explorers Again. Bought a 1994 5 spd 4x4

Here are some pics with 33x10.50's with the duff 5.5 lift. There is a pic at the end with the 35x12.50's, but I had to find some used 33's to make it work until I do a body lift and trim the fenders.
  5. M

Back into Explorers Again. Bought a 1994 5 spd 4x4

Completed half my lift, will be doing the rear this week. I stuck a floor jack up and brought the rear axle to ride height, and the front tires still rub at the back of the front fenders. Will have to trim and install flexy flares
  6. M

Lift rear or front first?

Front complete, will be doing back this week
  7. M

5.5 or 6 inch lift with 35" tires pics.

Finished the front, they do rub, will have to trim the fender at the rear and install flexy flares
  8. M

Question to those who have installed James Duff coil buckets

Front part is done, now to do the back
  9. M

James Duff Stainless braided brake hoses for 6" lift are these the proper ones?

I decided to order in some procomp 7305's to see what they look like. They look like the proper hose ends, and instead of a clip at the coil bucket, you put a nut on it and tighten it down. It also comes with heatshrink preinstalled to wherever you anchor it down so the hose doesn't chafe. If...
  10. M

Who makes the good rotors nowadays? 1994 4x4 with abs

I know Bosch doesn't maintain a retail web site but they do have a catalog with part numbers and they don't list my truck in that catalog for rotors. They sell brake pads, starters and alternators for my truck though :P I don't usually buy from local retailers in BC, I order online and ship...
  11. M

My 93' Explorer Restoration Project

I got my crossmember in. Didn't make spacers, Loosened off the drivers side radius arm bracket, lined it up with the crossmember, lifted both together and used a ratchet strap on the front diff to get the holes to line up again. Stuck the bolts through, torqued everything down and it expanded...
  12. M

James duff 5.5 questions.

I got my crossmember in. Didn't make spacers, Loosened off the drivers side radius arm bracket, lined it up with the crossmember, lifted both together and used a ratchet strap on the front diff to get the holes to line up again. Stuck the bolts through, torqued everything down and it expanded...
  13. M

James duff 5.5 questions.

My crossmember is too long too. Maybe 3/8 to 1/2" too wide. Might have to use washers in behind the radius arm brackets to act as spacers so that it will fit
  14. M

My 93' Explorer Restoration Project

Did any of you guys who installed the duff kit have an issue with the transmission crossmember being too wide to slide in between the radius arm brackets? mine seems to be 3/8 maybe a little more too wide.
  15. M

When you click the fitment info button and the image pops up with the illustration and dimentions, it's exactly the same image you get for centric and stoptech rotors
  16. M

What the part number? They're not listed on Bosch's Site for a 1994: http://www.boschautoparts.com/auto
  17. M

Well that's the first I heard of that. Maybe this is all that's going to be available soon. Procomp/Skyjacker etc still sell the stock style longer replacement braided lines, but who knows when they run out How long ago did you get your lines from earls? Do you know the part number?
  18. M

I checked with rockauto. None of the old part number left in stock, they all have the R at the end of the part number. This is just gonna be a winter use and off road mud/camping truck, no daily driving but it does have 35" tires and a 6" lift. If the cross drilled ones can crack, what do...
  19. M

That looks like all the centric/stoptech stuff. Good prices, will check them out!
  20. M

James duff is closed today so I'm asking for feedback for others who have done the James Duff Stage 3. The bag says "Z3932 SS Hose (3) LINES BRONCO" I've attached pictures. They don't look like the ones on their website. Stock brake line caliper ends are squared so they line up with the...
  21. M

Hi All, I've noticed since the last time I did brakes on an explorer about 4 -5 years ago, there isn't a lot of choice of brake rotors anymore. Back then there was Raybestos Advanced Technology as well as the Professional Grade, PowerSlot, Power Stop, EBC, all kinds of brake rotors with slots...
  22. M

Dana 35 - Does anyone know if there is a washer under radius arm stud....

There was definitely washers on the bottom bolts on mine, I screwed them back in with the bolt so I wouldn't loose them I broke a stud so I took the other one out to find a replacement and I forgotten if there was a washer. It looks like there isn't on the top but the bottom has one for sure.
  23. M

Dana 35 - Does anyone know if there is a washer under radius arm stud....

Does anyone know if there is a washer under the radius arm stud or not? I know there is one on the bottom of the Dana 35 with the bolt, but I can't remember if there was a big washer under the stud on the top of the Dana 35. Thanks
  24. M

fuel pump alternatives?

I'm not certain on the newer trucks, but I know on my friends 2000 Taurus, the fuel pump was regulated by the fuel control module. The pump only runs at a higher duty cycle if it needs it, and apparently at full throttle it till would never hit 100% duty cycle, so if your truck has the same...
  25. M

For Sale 93-94 Explorer / Navajo NEW Front Brake Hoses

I have NEW both sides coni-seal front brake hoses from the coil bucket to the caliper. Boxes aren't perfect but the parts are new. $30 shipped anywhere in North America
Back