Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

front clip swap options

Better half hit a deer and it seems that there really is not a lot of 06 to 10 exploders for salvage parts around here. Hwondering if the 03 complete clip would work in its place. In need of hood both fenders grille bumper headlights. Yeah she did a number. The front doors look like they'd line...
  2. J

Replace the Engine with another?

maintenance maintenance maintenance' i got a second gen here that just turned over 480 000 kilometers and still runs strong.... third transmission and 2nd t case and flopped on the one side which is why shes no longer on the road im savin the powertrain for a B2 swap in our area we have tons...
  3. J

Can't decide... 20s or 22s on my 94?

Now Time fer the roll pan and slam....... i wish 1st gens up here looked as uncancerous as you guys got :'(
  4. J

Explorers refused at Discount Tire?

super freakin stupid here i have never had an issue and i rolled my ex in there on 33s and got them to mount my 38.5s then they asked if i wanted my boggers balanced and said sure if they guarantee they wont vibrate......
  5. J

Ummm No comment

ha ha thornbirds.... no them are 38.5 x 15.5 boggers baby....... and as for more pics yeah i got a bunch there just not really appropriate to post up inna public forum unless you guys wanna see the ones of my ass crack......
  6. J

How To: Mount A Spare Inside

my 35 fits fine upright in the back of my sploder have to tip it to one side to get her in and out but she fits right now its just plopped down to allow for pilage of tools.... i really need to make my bumper mount anyday now
  7. J

Ummm No comment

well i was ripping around there the day before and this happens when the boggers spin for less then one revolution with a toyota on the back end of the sling the sling went tight and then the bogger started to dig unhooked the strap but it was too gone the sandy bed that was a pain to walk on...
  8. J

Ummm No comment

Well yeah my 38.5s are burried all in all it was a great time for sure the ex got to sleep over by the river
  9. J

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

I like the looks of yours wood happen to have any more pictures?? looks like what id like to fab up for my sploder this winter kind of has the road armor look to it
  10. J

9" rear axle backing plate issue or no??

okay well i will keep trying to search i can't find anything here..... the 97 backing plate is a direct bolt on the 9 inch housing i have seen this with my own eyes. the backing plate is just quite alot thicker and i am wondering if the bearing will be in harms way by coming out of the...
  11. J

no i definately mean 9" 4.56 gears and a spool with a HP 44 up front and 12 inches of lift.... soon to be 38s :D i am just wondering how the rear of the 9" will work with the axle bearings and the disc backing plate over 3 times the thickness of the drum plate...
  12. J

I disassembled my rear axle to start my 97 disc swap and once i got it all apart to order my new wheel bearings an seals i wonder if i am going to have a problem with my backing plate being alot thicker then the stock drum brake one?? this will bring my bearing out 1/4" or so and if the inner...
  13. J

97 ex no first gear

pre much sums it up all other gears work fine but to start out i have to start in manual 2nd then i switch to OD and all is well till i come to a complete stop and then have no first again. reverse holds firm and the trans has no slippage any hints would be great Jimi
  14. J

Tell me when to blow it up :) Idle issue Still

i am going to discourage you from removing the Evap box.... if i had my 4.0 in mine id tell you the tools id put on there..... but i am thinking that at the most you could remove the inner fender liner if you really need to...... but id put a box end wrench and then a snipe with another...
  15. J

i reccomend using the box end of a wrench to break it loose then using a ratchet wrench there excellent in places where clearance is an issue glad to see your making headway i am sure you will keep us posted
  16. J

the instrument clusters in any vehicle is an appoximateindication of what is going on. rpm accuracy unless you are fortuneate to have a digital cluster is not accurate.... this is also true with all the guages in the cluster as well even on mine before the 5.0 swap it was out about 100-200...
  17. J

I see this all the time at the dealership and have seen the suggestions time and time again in this thread replace the INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKETS...... they are like 30 bux at the dealership get the ones on either side of the injector rail..... just doi it and be done with it...
  18. J

Easy to answer question, Im just not auto educated, Fuel line?

is there not a couple set up you can fabricate to not cut the fuel lines?? if you seriously need to cut the fuel lines then i would suggest using furrowes?? (sp) and compression fittings. I have had to do that before in the past but that was due to rusted out lines... oH and i am not trying to...
  19. J

i just spent over 2 hours looking up there product and if i were closer to one of there training centres to "tune" there product i would..... may consider distributing it for the 1000 bux if it does what it says in my expedition it will pay for itself in a year alone...
  20. J

http://bwt.jeffotto.com/hafc-1.htm i think this is what he is talking about!!! id like to know how it turns out and post up some pics
  21. J

dropping the coil buckets

anyone????
  22. J

dropping the coil buckets

on my 92 i am wondering if i can just drop my reinforced coil buckets 2 inches to give me that much more lift? as well i will be putting drop bracets on my radius arms on the hpD44 how high is too high?? reason being i like the ride and handleing of my ex the way it is just would like...
  23. J

Air box Suggestions??

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee76/jim_rench/exploder004.jpg http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee76/jim_rench/exploder002.jpg http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee76/jim_rench/exploder001.jpg with all due respect the snorkel is there to stat just wondering if there is anyone else out...
  24. J

Air box Suggestions??

i cant attach :'( i am unable to attach pics not sure why yet? i wonder if it cuz im either a newb or not a paid member
  25. J

Air box Suggestions??

Hi there newbie to this site and i did a search and can find alot of awesome snorkel pics and writeups. But i just purchased my 92 eddie bauer and it has a great pvc snorkel already but a real crappy airbox. the one that is in there is basically a battery box with no lid and two holes for the...
Back