Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

BFG Long Trail

Does anyone have any advice on GoodYear Wrangler AT/S? The tread is a tad less aggressive the BFG AT's but still nice. Any comments?
  2. J

Stalls in cold weather

'98 XLT, 4.0 SOHC, 4x4 Auto 52,000 miles. Recently, I'ts stalled a couple of times when I try to start it in the morning. It would try sputter and die. Today, I started it (hasn't been started in 36 hours) about 10 degrees out, and it would rev up to 2000 RPM and then down to 500 and then...
  3. J

"True" performance intake kit

count me in also!
  4. J

Had speakers for too long, Time to put them IN!

Well, next week, I want to get my speakers in. What do I need in advance? I'm thinking of either soldering or inline crimps, which would be better? I also want to heat shrink tubing arounf the connection. I'm a safety freak like that. What do you guys think?? Give me all you got.
  5. J

Urethane Bushings?

What's involved with changing the bushings??? How hard is it?
  6. J

Are you in Canada or Europe? If yes...

drmoore, try ebay, I see rear bumpers for explorers all the time with the lights IN the bumper
  7. J

Removing sticker type trim lines

I did mine at the end of the summer when it was still hot out and just pulled it right off. Use a hairdryer.
  8. J

:( Explorer Front End wobbles when I hit bumps

Make sure your lugs are tight! Jack up the front end and try to wiggle the tire, if it wiggles then most likely, your wheel bearings are shot.
  9. J

FIRST SNOW STORM !!!! YAAAAAHOUUUU !

I wish I had snow.................
  10. J

18's, 19's or 20's

Crimson, those are the exact rims that I want!!!! 18" American Racing Jammers. They look sweet on your explorer! I'm leaning towards the 18" AR Jammers over the 17" Cobra R's. Do you have any "rub" issues at all?
  11. J

A 'lil bit of mudding

The cop passed me right as I was entering campus, so he just gave up. redShift, I'm in the same position as you, semi-main road in clear view with some parts obstructed. But yea, the cop gave up(thank god)
  12. J

A 'lil bit of mudding

Well, so much for washing my truck last week, cuz it got a fresh layer of mud applied to it. Haha. So, I'm gonna have to clean it again. I found the place last night and went through a small part. I went back today and found a larger spot and proceeded to have a bit of fun. Well, anyway...
  13. J

bad smell!

HAHA Fish Man!!! Good One:D As for the smell it's normal, just drive it off.
  14. J

Huge Lift

espnfreak, I think we lost site of said "track" a long time ago!!!:D :D
  15. J

2002 Ranger FX4 - Modded for dirt!

Pics like those make me want to win the lottery, move out west, and buy/modify a ranger/F150. Very nice rig!
  16. J

Why YOU should have a fire extinguisher!!

Whooops didn't see that. still sucks though!
  17. J

99 xlt horrible gas mileage

Actually i think you should replace the tstat with the sasme temp. as the one that it came with. That's the way Ford designed the engine to work
  18. J

Apten Chip Install

Congrats on the purchase! Please report back the mileage figures
  19. J

Why YOU should have a fire extinguisher!!

Next 50 bucks I get is going towards a fire extinguisher!!!! That sucks dude and I wish you the best dealing with the insurance
  20. J

99 xlt horrible gas mileage

Change your TStat, many people report that as one of the probelms associated with bad gas mileage. I think mine is gone because it dropped from 20-21 to 15-16.
  21. J

Mustang Hood

Troll has a sweet fiberglass hood if ya got the money... www.speedfreak.cc
  22. J

3" BodyLift, NO 33's??

The shop should be able to do a test fit and maybe let you drive a mile or two with the new wheels on.
  23. J

TACHOMETER

I have the same problem, but I just knock on the dash a couple of times and it jumps right up. I think that it gets stuck on the background (behind the needle) and then it can't move. Try some clear double sided tape and see if that works. I haven't gotten around to it but I'm gonna try that...
  24. J

(!) lift this ??????

Damn!!! Gets all his information in one day and off to the store the next!!!! I like how this man thinks! Now, I've just got to win the lottery...
  25. J

New speakers, need help

Thank You, LStoudenmire!!!! On page 7 of 8, it lists the typical Ford in dash colors. Thanks again!
Back