Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

ExplorerForum AZ run March 23 2008

I am new to this site would like to join you guys at the next run in Az.
  2. U

Thanks for all the info on transfer case swap

I was able to do all the under truck work in 6 hours. I did the work at the auto hobby shop at luke air force base. Being able to use a lift and trany jack made quick work of it. I did all of the intereor work last night. I just have the dash lights to hook up left.
  3. U

Thanks for all the info on transfer case swap

I just wanted to say thanks to every one who posted directions to swap out awd with true 4wd. With all the info from this site I was able to order all parts needed and install 4406 transfer case with no problems. Thanks I could not have done the swap with such ease without you guys.
  4. U

trans mount for 4406

I just need the bushing. The stock bushing lasted 2 days with the added weight.
  5. U

trans mount for 4406

I have a 97 explorer former awd with a 4406. I am looking for a heavy duty trans mount to support extra weight. Any ideas where to find one.
  6. U

Part number for 4406 shift indicator switch on the transfer case

Does anyone know the part number for the shift indicator switch on the transfer case for 4406 manuel shift T/C ? I have all other parts for swap just need switch
  7. U

How far can I drive with front drive shaft out?

Thanks I need to drive it back to Phoenix from Salt Lake.
  8. U

How far can I drive with front drive shaft out?

I have a 97 AWD with a bad transfer case. The truck drives ok with the front drive shaft out. I believe the out put shaft bearings are bad because The truck vibrates badly at all speeds I have put in three driveshafts with same results. Front hubs are new as well as both halfshafts wheels...
  9. U

glad to be here

Blackhawk Down I need to replace transfer case, I am planning to swap out the AWD for a 4406 manual shift. I just have so much going on I need to find the time. Ive started to get the parts together linkage on the way drive shafts soon.
  10. U

glad to be here

Just wanted to say hello from Az I have found this site most usefull.
Back