Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

DIY: Replace Oil Pressure Sensor

Thanks! Thanks so much for the pictures of where this is and how to fix.. I have been needing to do for a while and have just put it off because I wasn't sure where the sensor was, etc. :salute:
  2. M

buy a rebuilt Valve body from ebay? what gaskets needed?

No I did not.. Do I need to? If so, do I just unhook the battery for a time? o/d flashing was only sporadic, so it was mostly off.
  3. M

Rebuilt VB Installed - FIXED my 2-3 slip and OD light flashing! To update this thread, I decided to buy a rebuilt VB off of EBAY. It worked out really well. I bought it from Donny Lester, who sells them on ebay, as well as at Central Valve Bodies. It was a good deal, and it fixed my 2-3...
  4. M

Found this in pan - small metal part what is it?

It is from the pan gasket Just to close this thread, in case someone else finds this. It is from the pan gasket. Some gaskets apparently have these little "spacers" built in to keep a person from crushing the gasket when installing the pan. Sometimes these get into the pan, ( I assume during...
  5. M

not magnetic.. is not attracted to a magnet. (surprisingly)
  6. M

Can you tell me what this is? out of a 5R55E pan.. I found 2 other ones before.. now I'm curious.. Should I be worried? I mean more worried than I am? I am currently swapping the VB.. in the middle of it right now. If you know what this little "section of a BB" thing is , I'd like to know...
  7. M

Glacier991, I have read enough to know you are one of the experts here. You ask questions though that I can't answer. ( and I know you know that).. Maybe I will just buy one from who you suggest. I was hoping for help with what I was trying to do, but I know how it is trying to help someone...
  8. M

Went to their website, but no prices.. any idea on price? EDIT:: To answer my own questions, it turns out central Bodies sells rebuilts on ebay... 275.00 or so for a rebuilt...but 50.00 from another place, tested and works, not a rebuilt.. I know central bodies would be the best, but I may have...
  9. M

Bumping my own question.. Can someone confirm this please? I am going to buy a refurbished/reconditioned valve body to swap on my 2000 explorer xlt. I bought the ATSG manual for it, and I just need to know what parts I need to buy, other than the valve body, to do the swap? Can someone tell...
  10. M

How to: How to install leak proof magnetic drain plugs.

The nut on the outside would bother me a bit. I think it would be significantly weaker and could get "knocked" off with a good hit. At least on the inside, you have the sandwich effect with the pan in the middle. The nut on inside makes sense to me, but I just can't solder good enough , I guess.
  11. M

So how about the gasket question? I have been known to buy some parts from Ebay...;) but if I do, I need to know what gaskets to buy.. Can anyone tell me what gaskets I would need if I wanted to do a valve body swap? thanks for any help. I did order the atsg manual, but I may want to buy...
  12. M

I am considering buying a valve body off ebay instead of rebuilding mine. Not sure if that is smart or not, but I am a little intimidated with the rebuild and I thought it might be simpler.. see this as an example...
  13. M

How to: How to install leak proof magnetic drain plugs.

Does the solder stick good? I tried this on a piece of scrap metal and I had trouble getting the nut to 'weld"... Are you using any specific kind of solder and paste? I want to do this, but I am concerned about my soldering ability..
  14. M

Flashing OD light

Sam Adams, I am in Forest Hill, (hello neighbor) and I have very similar issues with my 2000 explorer. Just starting the process to fix it. see post http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205818 Let me know what you learn and I will do the same. Do you have any ideas for a...
  15. M

Low Trans Fluid - what damage to expect

WHats next? Thanks for the info.. I saw some people say I can get the codes by going to Autozone. Is that true? I just seem to find conflicting data about that. I tried my scanner and it does nothing but engine codes I guess. o/d light flashes for a time , now and then, not always. Also...
  16. M

Low Trans Fluid - what damage to expect

I have searched the forum and cannot find the answer. Right now I have the O/D flashing periodically on my 2000 explorer 6 cyl. My wife said it was shifting funny for a "few weeks" but I didn't get that message until the O/D light came on. Anyway, it was very low on fluid and now with the...
  17. M

Probing Air Bag wires? Need advice see photo

great, so do you know how I hook up the door locks to this remote? the instructions are bad, and the company may be out of business.. I found the two wires in the drivers kick panel, lock and unlock, but have not been able to correctly hook them up...
  18. M

Thanks, and you are right, but I still need to splice into the horn wire. Anyone else have a suggestion? Do they just run the horn wire in the sleeve because it is going the same place as the airbag wires? I'd like to hear from someone who has "done" it... and lived to tell about it...
  19. M

First I want to say, this is a great forum. I am new here, as I just bought a 2000 explorer for my wife, so I have much to learn. Anyway question is, I bought a remote starter and am trying to install it:) Main thing we want is the remote starter and the remote key fob thing. This car...
Back