Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

No Longer a FORD Owner.. (but I'll still hang out)

I'll take pics of the new Jeep when I get home tonight. They gave me $2000 for the Ford Explorer. (NADA and KBB reported 2000 for high trade in value). They even said they wouldn't normally give that much for a Ford Explorer with that many miles on it (especially given today's drought for...
  2. J

No Longer a FORD Owner.. (but I'll still hang out)

So, last weekend my wife and I traded in our 1995 Ford Explorer on a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. And yeah.. it's got a HEMI! I'm quite please with our new daily driver.. it's an awesome ride. We now own ALL Jeep vehicles! '01 TJ Wrangler (Wife's trail rig/daily driver) '95 YJ...
  3. J

Help! Fuel pump relay problem?

Thanks for the advice.. I had checked a junkyard for an ECM about 6 months ago.. they wanted to much and I wasn't convinced yet that it would fix anything to just buy it and try it. I'll definately try ebay for it. I've tried to chase down this weird idle issue as well with not much luck...
  4. J

Yeah.. I replaced the fuel pump relay about this time last year after the person i got the car from warned me of this problem. it was REALLY intermittant back then. (he had reported it happening only once in the 12 years of ownership).. I had personally witnessed this happen to me a couple times...
  5. J

Yup.. IAT, MAF, Clean air cleaner (I have a K&N), and resetting the PCM by disconnecting battery terminal.. = all part of the "usual ford exploder maintenance".. From this board, learned much has this padawan.
  6. J

Well, I stopped by NAPA on the way home from work and got a new fuel pump relay. Immediately, the exploder started running smoother and had better acceleration. I'm hoping that fixed this issue. This weekend, it's time for a tune up, new coil pack, and the usual maintenance. I'm hoping all that...
  7. J

Ok.. this is bugging me now.. recently, the explorer has occasionally died on me when driving. Speed/RPM's aren't the cause as it's died at 50mph, and in stop and go traffic. All the times, the engine just stops.. no sputtering, no nothing..just stops. Engine Temp, oil pressure etc are fine...
  8. J

Custom gauge faces that you can make out of paper

What do you print them on if not paper? Also, I have a 2nd gen I'd like to do the gauge cluster and A/C controls both front and rear.
  9. J

2008 NWE gathering

Well, I kind of feel funny about the trail run.. because my exploder is my stock daily driver. We do our offroading in our Jeeps.. I have a '95 wrangler on 35"s and locked.. my fiancee has an '01 Wrangler on 33"s.
  10. J

Yup.. I got some white-faced gauges on ebay for pretty cheap. The numbers glow blue. (I haven't installed them yet.. but I was planning on doing a red sharpie to the topside of the needle. But what I really want now is a 1:1 scan of the gear selector gauge so I can reverse it to a white face...
  11. J

Need Fresh Links And Files Badly.. I just got into the Explorer game and since I have to do some fixing on my cluster anyway (odometer motor went out).. I figured I'd do something with the face.. 1995 Explorer XLT owner.. I'd like to do the white face reverse gauges (w/ night glow blue...
  12. J

Odometer trouble!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting this.. My odometer/trip meter is having the intermittant issues.. the local ford dealer directed me to an odometer repair shop as well. I'm curious about exploring the option to replace my cluster. I have a 1995 Explorer. Which years will work with my vehicle? (my 1995...
  13. J

Head unit that displays iPod Album art?

So, I'm looking for a new head unit for my 1995 explorer. I'd like to get a double-din size with the 7" in-dash DVD.. but the DVD portion is a secondary benefit. My primary reason for a new head unit is that I want a complete iPod interface solution so I can get rid of the stock CD changer in...
  14. J

Info needed on 6 disc in-dash cd

thanks for the updates.. I've decided to go with a double-din A/V solution that allows for iPod controls.. that option will allow me more music than a changer can hold.. plus, I'll have a touchscreen DVD player :D
  15. J

What to do to fit 31"s or 32"s?

lol.. yeah.. got too much money into the Jeeps to sell them.. lol But, it was interesting to know that the x's front end is a dana 35 and the rear is the 8.8 (which I already knew about the rear axle).. Jeep wrangler stock rear ends are dana 35's.. and the 8.8 is a popular swap for the rear...
  16. J

Intermittant engine stall?

So, yesterday I replaced the ignition coil, spark plugs/wires, PCV valve, and air filter. I'm hoping it solves the issues.. I can say it seems to be running smoother.. Also, I have to say that replacing the plugs/wires was the most impossible thing ever.. Why the hell did they have to make...
  17. J

What to do to fit 31"s or 32"s?

I have a 1995 XLT Explorer.. I'm only looking to make it look less "stock".. It's still going to be just a pavement pounder for the most part (exception of some forest service roads and such).. (I have a lifted '95 Jeep w/ 35"s for the actual trails). So, being that my wife and I have 2 other...
  18. J

easy upgrade to memory seat?

By chance did you take any more pics of your project? Specifically, which two wires need to be run to the dash and where you hooked them in? I'm not quite sure where my GEM module is.. this vehicle is a bit more complicated than my '95 Jeep Wrangler due to the fact it has all the creature...
  19. J

Well, you guys mentioned a possible problem with getting spark, so I checked the ignition coil's resistance as per the haynes/chilton's manual I have. The primary resistance looked good. It measured .9 ohms across all 3 terminals on the plug. (acceptable measurement was between .3-1.0 ohms)...
  20. J

Forgive my noobness.. but how would I check for a tach signal? is that the gauge test where the needle on the tach moves when you first turn the key to the on position?
  21. J

well, here is the issue, and I thank anyone who could shed some light on this. We (My wife and I) recently acquired a 1995 XLT Explorer from her parents. It has 165,000 on it, but most of that was freeway miles. It has been meticulously maintained and serviced regularly since they purchased...
  22. J

Look at all this rain.

I thought that's what he meant.. lol Yes.. I've been wheeling up there quite a bit actually.. But I take my Jeep up there when I go.. 311A trail is probably my favorite.
  23. J

When you say that I need the "track" from a limited, what exactly do you mean? the whole track that the seat mounts to? why would I need the entire track vs. just the module? Ease of installation, ie: does the track have the module installed already and it would be easier to swap my seat to...
  24. J

Hey there.. I have a '95 Explorer that has the leather seating option with power seats (lumbar/bolstors)... However, since my rig is an XLT, I don't have the memory upgrade (but would like it!). Does anyone know if the memory module is installed on the power seats by default? At any rate...
  25. J

Look at all this rain.

Isn't "that place out of Wilkeson" Evan's Creek?
Back